Allez Gillou! - *testing my luck for IW & Miami* - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #406
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allez Gillou! - *testing my luck for IW & Miami*

I had people round so I haven't watched the match yet, I'm not even sure it recorded properly

Poor Gillou He must be so frustrated! It's just not getting any better for him

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #407
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles is just too stubborn. I agree someone needs to step in and put a stop to him playing because time and time again t is just painful to watch and he's just making it worse.

And the haters in GM are making me want to kill someone.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #408
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

will rest make any difference though. He has played very few matches this year and has problems already.

Is it something where he ideally needs surgery?
(I don't know enough about the injury to know the answer to this).
Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #409
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we'll have to wait for L'Equipe tomorrow to have more details, but he said a few times last year that there was no surgery talk and that the best treatment for his problem would be to take some time off + have special treatment for his knee. Maybe the problem has changed now, I have no idea. He explained once that the biggest pain actually comes from the inflammation of the sinew, more than from the fissure (there are two different things) and you don't have surgery for tendonitis, do you? I'm really ignorant about those things.

I don't know if it's similar, but Mannarino always uses the exact same words to describe his injury (a fissure in the sinew + tendonitis), so I always think of him when Gilles talks about his knee. And Mannarino just took 6 months off + had a special treatment based on blood spinning:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155257
But they have the same doc with Gilles, they're both at the FFT, so if it was an option for Gilles too, I guess Montalvan would have suggested it already - unless Gilles said "6 months, no way!"

Last edited by Truc : 03-28-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #410
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
I had people round so I haven't watched the match yet, I'm not even sure it recorded properly
I've got a recording if you want. The only interesting part was the medical time-out because the commentator shut up and you could hear the conversation with the trainer. The match itself is atrocious.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #411
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I guess we'll have to wait for L'Equipe tomorrow to have more details, but he said a few times last year that there was no surgery talk and that the best treatment for his problem would be to take some time off + have special treatment for his knee. Maybe the problem has changed now, I have no idea. He explained once that the biggest pain actually comes from the inflammation of the sinew, more than from the fissure (there are two different things) and you don't have surgery for tendonitis, do you? I'm really ignorant about those things.

I don't know if it's similar, but Mannarino always uses the exact same words to describe his injury (a fissure in the sinew + tendonitis), so I always think of him when Gilles talks about his knee. And Mannarino just took 6 months off [b]+ had a special treatment based on blood spinning:[/b[
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155257
But they have the same doc with Gilles, they're both at the FFT, so if it was an option for Gilles too, I guess Montalvan would have suggested it already - unless Gilles said "6 months? no way!"
Pardon my ignorance but what on earth is blood spinning?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #412
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Venus had tendonitis in her knee way back in 2000 and she took six months out between the off season and clay season and it was fine - she came back and had a 35 match win streak that year. It comes back sometimes (it came back though a lot of last year and like gilles she tried to play on it and made it worse) but I think it's just a case of Gilles resting it until it's perfect.

It seems like the second Gilles' knee felt fine, he probably rushed back even though he was unfit and this let to his body completely failing him (in Sunrise. This may have led him to overcompansate on other parts of his body i.e his knee.

But it's just speculation from me. I don't know, but it really does just seem like a case of him paying for being stubborn and I hope he has learnt the lesson.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #413
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what on earth is blood spinning?
Here's a good article that explains the process and addresses the anti-doping policy related to the procedure: http://www.healthcentral.com/osteoar...01274/spinning

It's basically a blood platelet manipulation technique that takes the patient's own blood samples, separates it in a centrifuge (thus the spinning) and extracts the plasma, concentrates it and reinjects it into the wound. The high concentration of blood platelets in the manipulated plasma promotes a shorter healing time for ruptures in connective tissue.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #414
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Surgery is not an ideal solution, it's mostly resting and strengthening exercises that will help. Resting to let the inflammation go away is the least he should do. The knee flared up during Sunrise that match against Starace, perhaps he should have stopped right there. Anyhow, players pulled out of tournament for precautionary measures, Gilles won't pull out of the match even if he can barely walk...
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #415
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
And the haters in GM are making me want to kill someone.

Don't mind them. I doubt they watched any of Gilles' matches since they hate him so much, yet, haters are always there to comment on his losses, obviously talking out from their a*ses.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #416
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Here's a good article that explains the process and addresses the anti-doping policy related to the procedure: http://www.healthcentral.com/osteoar...01274/spinning

It's basically a blood platelet manipulation technique that takes the patient's own blood samples, separates it in a centrifuge (thus the spinning) and extracts the plasma, concentrates it and reinjects it into the wound. The high concentration of blood platelets in the manipulated plasma promotes a shorter healing time for ruptures in connective tissue.
Thanks, as for the haters I'd like to see any of them play "pusher Gilles" he would kill them.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #417
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Surgery is not an ideal solution, it's mostly resting and strengthening exercises that will help. Resting to let the inflammation go away is the least he should do. The knee flared up during Sunrise that match against Starace, perhaps he should have stopped right there. Anyhow, players pulled out of tournament for precautionary measures, Gilles won't pull out of the match even if he can barely walk...
Yes, he said at the beginning of the year that as soon as he would feel pain, he would stop. Granted, I think he said that before his little Melbourne trip, but still.

There are a few statements here:
http://www.sport.fr/Tennis/Masters-1...nt-182374.shtm
He says he injured his knee again against Starace last week. "It's the same pain in the right knee, it's worrying. Some days it's bearable, some days it's not."
"I couldn't move. I tried, but I was in too much pain. It's hard to play at 30%, 50%, 80% of my abilities and never 100%. During the match I'm wondering: 'should I retire? keep playing?' It sucks..."
"I think we haven't tried yet to find out the thing which triggers off the pain. The left knee can inflame too, but on the right side there's a mechanical thing happening, and not always on the same move."
"I can't have surgery on the knee", he says, but he doesn't rule out another break, depending on the results of the exams he will undergo as soon as he comes back to France.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #418
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
Thanks, as for the haters I'd like to see any of them play "pusher Gilles" he would kill them.
If they can even return his serve , which is not even that big. I won't be surprised some of those haters don't even know how to play tennis. The more you know, the harder you find to criticize because you appreciate how difficult it is to make to the top. There's 39 players that made it to the yearend TOP 10 list in the past decade ('00 - '09). Gilles was in TOP 10 for 52 weeks. Those haters probably will never get it, ignorant is incurable. They probably think being able to hit the ball hard and serve big is the only talent that count. Just to put things into perspective for the haters, Philippoussis was also one of the 39 and managed to be in TOP 10 for 27 weeks, and he's supposedly has all the talents of the world. What irritate the haters the most is that their favs can't achieve what Gilles has achieved, so they can only resort to hate .
Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #419
country flag lalaland

Thanks Fran, for the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
"I couldn't move. I tried, but I was in too much pain. It's hard to play at 30%, 50%, 80% of my abilities and never 100%. During the match I'm wondering: 'should I retire? keep playing?' It sucks..."
"I think we haven't tried yet to find out the thing which triggers off the pain. The left knee can inflame too, but on the right side there's a mechanical thing happening, and not always on the same move."
"I can't have surgery on the knee", he says, but he doesn't rule out another break, depending on the results of the exams he will undergo as soon as he comes back to France.
If only I can just ask him what made him decided to keep playing? what's he hoping to achieve to remain in the match when he's in such pain? Granted, when he's in such pain, maybe he couldn't think straight.

The right knee is already weaken, it's logical that it's way more vulnerable than the left one. If he's thinking that there's a certain move that triggers and that eliminates those moves will avoid the problem, then he's ignoring the fundamental issue here. Besides, he can't play with such apprehension. I hope he meant knowing what triggers will help them find the source of the problem.

I agree, surgery is not an option. It's a tendon, surgery will help to maybe take out some scar tissues if there's some that causes problem, but it won't help the regeneration and strengthening of the tendon. It's all rest and specific exercises that require a lot of time and patience.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #420
country flag Truc

In L'Equipe today:
Quote:
Simon miné
Encore battu d’entrée, le Français souffre à nouveau du genou et n’en voit pas le bout.

GILLES SIMON REPART aujourd’hui de Miami pour Paris, avec retour aux sources dans sa nouvelle salle de torture, celle où l’on passe les IRM. Il sera alors temps d’évaluer les dégâts consécutifs au retour de la douleur dans son genou droit, tourmenté depuis Roland-Garros 2009 par une fissure au tendon sous-rotulien. Alors qu’il croyait la lésion définitivement cicatrisée, voilà que le mal insidieux s’est à nouveau propagé ces derniers temps.
Ça avait chauffé dans les articulations à Dubaï, c’était franchement revenu il y a dix jours contre Starace à Sunrise, ça s’est totalement confirmé samedi à Miami pendant le match contre Zeballos. « Dans tous les cas, ce n’est pas bon signe, soufflait le Français qui avait eu très mal. C’est la même douleur qu’avant… » Dépité, le joueur, qui avait lâché le circuit après Bercy pour reprendre à la mi-février, prenait la nouvelle avec une philosophie teintée d’une grosse amertume. « C’est pénible de jouer à 30 %, 60 %, 80 %, mais jamais à 100 %… Le match contre Gasquet à Sunrise, c’est le seul depuis des mois que j’ai joué sans douleur ! » Aurait-il repris trop tôt, quand il avait tenté sa chance début janvier dans une exhibition à Adélaïde, un test avant l’Open d’Australie ? Le Français semblait ne plus voir le bout du tunnel. « Rendez-vous à Wimbledon », ricanait-il, jaune, anticipant la nouvelle pause sans savoir comment remédier au mal. Une certitude, il continue à glisser vers la sortie du top 30 (environ 27e lundi prochain).
L’opération ? « Mais il n’y a rien à opérer ! » Voir un spécialiste ? « Mais quand je touche la rotule, je vois bien que c’est une inflammation… » Rien à faire, alors ? « Il y a quelque chose que l’on n’a pas identifié, c’est : qu’est-ce qui déclenche ce truc qui me fait si mal ? » – F. Ra.
And the opinion of a doc:
Quote:
Priorité à la cicatrisation
POUR RÉGLER LE PROBLÈME de Gilles Simon, une opération est envisageable mais elle n’est pas un passage obligé. D’autant qu’elle signifierait de faire une croix sur sa saison, pour respecter le processus de cicatrisation. C’est la problématique de tout sportif de haut niveau : il est prêt à s’arrêter mais pas trop longtemps... Normalement, le délai de cicatrisation est incompressible. Pour un tendon, il faut compter entre quatre et six semaines de repos et de soins. On doit aussi se poser la question de l’origine du mal : pour quelle raison ce tendon s’est-il fissuré ? Un problème de bassin ? De posture ? De pieds ? etc. On confond trop souvent disparition de la douleur et cicatrisation. Et si l’on reprend trop tôt, c’est retour à la case départ.
(*) Fabrice Bryand, ancien médecin du FC Nantes, est le consultant médical de L’Équipe.