Anyone going? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going?

Besides me?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going?

Yes, I think lots of MTFers are going.

I am going. I've been going since the first year the Tennis Garden opened.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Yes, I think lots of MTFers are going.
Well hopefully they come out of hiding and post here.

Awesome, I guess you really enjoy the atmosphere of the tennis garden. This will be my first visit, can't wait.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

You're coming all the way to California? I might have to scrounge up some pennies and come out there just to say hello to you.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
country flag Jimnik

Awesome, would be good to see you.

Yea I'm driving from Kansas to LA for my spring break. Will definitely visit the tennis garden a few times.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm closer to LA than to IW. If I can't make it out to the desert, perhaps we can do an MTF meet up day with the LA/So Cal people at Farmer's Market for lunch or something?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
country flag Jimnik

Farmer's market sounds good, anytime I'm not at the tennis garden. I'll be in LA from the Monday through to Friday, most likely.

It's about a two and half hour drive from LA to IW. If anybody wants a lift, I'll be happy to help.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
country flag nizelegz

nizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond reputenizelegz has a reputation beyond repute

We are going from 3/11 to 3/18.
nizelegz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
country flag Lucinda

Lucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Well hopefully they come out of hiding and post here.

Awesome, I guess you really enjoy the atmosphere of the tennis garden. This will be my first visit, can't wait.
I'll be going for most of the second week of the tournament. I had an absolute blast my first time at Indian Wells, and this will be my third year running. Make sure you take a sweater, a good seat cushion, and bottled water.
Lucinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #10
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucinda View Post
I'll be going for most of the second week of the tournament. I had an absolute blast my first time at Indian Wells, and this will be my third year running. Make sure you take a sweater, a good seat cushion, and bottled water.
Really? I assumed it would be boiling out there. Thanks for the warning.

I'll definitely bring lots to drink.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
country flag Lucinda

Lucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond reputeLucinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Really? I assumed it would be boiling out there. Thanks for the warning.

I'll definitely bring lots to drink.
If you're planning on being at the complex into the evening, then you'll definitely want a sweater. Last year I was watching the Nadal vs Nalbandian match in the stadium and it went until 1 or 2 a.m. and it gets cold in the desert as soon as the sun goes down. I suppose if you have tickets for the evening session as well as day, you can leave your stuff in the car, but then you'd have to trek out to the parking lots and back etc and that sucks (plus the sweater can double as a butt-cushion during the day). Of course, during the day you have to slather yourself with sunscreen.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought tickets in early September, so I am planning on going. If I had known my job situation was going to change and that my car engine would die on me a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have done it. However, I am hoping to have a good time and enjoy some sun and warmth during the day, far away from SNOW! There is still a possibility that if I can sell my tickets, I might not go, I need that money to pay for my new car and I am going to have to go part time at work and take classes in the fall. The money already spent/going to be spent could go to a better place. Stupid economy.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

ok guys i need a little help... what is the best way to get from palm springs airport to a hotel around the tennis centre? Im guessing just a taxi but perhaps there is something i dont know about... thanks.
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
country flag Lucinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDaStick View Post
ok guys i need a little help... what is the best way to get from palm springs airport to a hotel around the tennis centre? Im guessing just a taxi but perhaps there is something i dont know about... thanks.
What hotel/motel are you staying at? If you don't have one yet, I'd suggest calling and getting a reservation asap.

There are a bunch of cheap motels off highway 10, and it's a straight shot south down Washintgon St off highway 10 to the tennis complex. I usually stay at the Motel 6 at Washington and Highway 10, then get up and hit the Starbucks on Washington on my way to the tournament in the morning.

If you're staying at a swanky hotel, they might have a shuttle. You can find a list here:

http://www.palmspringsca.gov/index.aspx?page=287
Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
country flag sierra91

sierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I'm closer to LA than to IW. If I can't make it out to the desert, perhaps we can do an MTF meet up day with the LA/So Cal people at Farmer's Market for lunch or something?
Hey, Fee. Text me if you make it. Would love to see you!