NATO does it again - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #61
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NATO does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Didn't you know the deal with people in Norden, they are all the same.
Have you been to Norrland in Sweden? Lappland, Jämtland, Norrbotten.....

If you have been there and been to Denmark you should know the differense between these places is like day and night.

Besides even norwegians are different from swedes, you are patriotic, traditional and most of you live in wooden cabins.

We were speaking about the norwegian maffia, here is something for you AJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWIf...eature=related
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #62
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
not only metal: take abba and the likes, ace of base, producers like max martin (!), redone (!!), bloodshy & avant etc.

sweden is easily the most succesful music nation on a per-capita basis.
Yes, I wont argue against you there (except UK is better than Sweden even in per capita, the amount of amazing music that country has produced is just amazing). Our metal is great and we have produced some great musicians, too bad most people only know ABBA is from Sweden...

Quote:
hm? didn't you save tons of jews, for example? that's what we get told in history classes over here.
The dannish were the true heroes and did most work to help their jews to get over to the swedish border, we didnt have to do alot or risk anything to save them. Even England saved many jewish children by adopting them in english families, we didnt care that much really, half of Sweden was sympathetic to the germans.
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #63
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcRD View Post
The dannish were the true heroes and did most work to help their jews to get over to the swedish border, we didnt have to do alot or risk anything to save them. Even England saved many jewish children by adopting them in english families, we didnt care that much really, half of Sweden was sympathetic to the germans.
the bond villain mikkelsen starred in an interesting factual movie about that particular time in danish history. sure, the danish had a couple of thousands who did help the victims - but they also had hundreds of thousands helping us. i think regarding jews, italy had been doing fairly well back then. given its strong ties with us, it's quite stunning that only 10% of italian jews were deported. apparently they really took care of their folks.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #64
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not only metal: take abba and the likes, ace of base, producers like max martin (!), redone (!!), bloodshy & avant etc.

true but in metal it's insanely disproportionate.

I use the term metal quite loosely but it's hard to overestimate how inflential bands like Entombed, Refused, In Flames, Nasum, Meshuggah, Candlemass, Dark Tranquility, Opeth and At the Gates have been. I could name so many more.

I find it fascinating that some american bands describe themselves as being influenced by the "gothenburg sound". I'm not aware of a similarly-influential guitar music scene elsewhere in the non-english speaking world.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #65
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wow, you have really surpassed yourself in imaginary statistics there.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #66
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcRD View Post
Have you been to Norrland in Sweden? Lappland, Jämtland, Norrbotten.....

If you have been there and been to Denmark you should know the differense between these places is like day and night.

Besides even norwegians are different from swedes, you are patriotic, traditional and most of you live in wooden cabins.

We were speaking about the norwegian maffia, here is something for you AJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWIf...eature=related
That's it, the wooden cabins rule and that is what I miss most about Norway, this and elk meat.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #67
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

***Dubai: Israelis will be denied UAE entry
(AP) – 59 minutes ago

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Dubai's police chief says travelers, suspected of being Israeli will not be allowed into the United Arab Emirates even if they arrive with alternative passports.

Lt. Gen. Dahi Khalfan Tamim says the move comes after the killing of a Hamas operative in Dubai, blamed by the Emirates authorities on Israel's Mossad spy agency.

Tamim said a 26-member team used European and Australian passports to enter the country in January and kill Mahmoud al-Mabhouh.

The Emirates will now "deny entry to anyone suspected of having Israeli citizenship," Tamim said at a security conference in Abu Dhabi Monday.

It was unclear if the measure would apply to Israeli athletes competing in international sports events being held there.***

Well, this topic had been derailed already.

The thing is, it doesn't say on, lets say, American passport, whether you have an Israeli passport as well.

So what I think going to happen, is the next time Roger want to ask Jesse Levin to train with him in Dubai, Jesse may be detained in the airport based on his Jewish name alone. I remember his interview when Roger invited him a couple of years ago, he asked around whether he could go, because he wasn't sure it was safe for him.

As they don't really have a way to find out whether X has an Israeli passport/citizenship, they're going to use profiling based on the family name.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #68
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
As they don't really have a way to find out whether X has an Israeli passport/citizenship, they're going to use profiling based on the family name.
Yes, that's what's gonna happen.

Not that racial profiling is anything new in the world, if you try to enter Israel with an Arabic family name no passport in the world will spare you the troubles.

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #69
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Yes, that's what's gonna happen.

Not that racial profiling is anything new in the world, if you try to enter Israel with an Arabic family name no passport in the world will spare you the troubles.
I'm not denying what you said at all - but that's not the same.

Israel doesn't have an authomatic ban for Arabs/Muslims.

There are businessmen from Arabic countries entering in and out of Israel all the time. Egyptians, Jordanians - countries who allow their citizens to enter Israel, Israel trades with people from the middle east all the time.

Sure, there is profiling at the airport- to find out whether the person seeking enterence is a terrorist/problem maker. If he's from an Arabic country and has a legtimate reason to be here, and he checks out - he will probably enter.

The Dubai police cheif didn't say "We'll check to see whether their passport is a real one/identity if legit because we're worried about more Mossad agents" - this is a general ban against people with a dual nationality, regardless of what they might do.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #70
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the ATP and WTA cancel the tennis tournament if they keep this up.

However, I do remember going diving in Israel. An Irish guy arrives in Tel Aviv from the Dominican Republic at the time everyone at a party at the Dominican Embassy in Colombia was taken hostage, including the Israeli Ambassador. Bad timing. I was questioned for a few hours, the same questions over and over. I told them I was going to Eliat to dive and please open my suitcase and see all my gear.......... No, just answer the questions. I was not released until they contacted the dive company and the dive instructor came to the airport for the Eliat flight.
At the time I did not understand the repetitive questioning. Now I do. Far more effective than a fanny pat by some minimum wage youngster.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #71
country flag Or Levy

Ouch, not a pleasent experience, I'm sorry.
The thing is, that if we didn't have top-notch security, not only would there be constant attempts to take down an Israeli plane, but no one would want to fly in here.

Sometimes it is hard to follow their logic, why they ask what they ask, why they pick on certain people and not on others, but I imagine they know what they are doing.

I remember once, when I flew out of Israel, there was an American tourist who had a bottle filled with sand from Timna, which is next to Eylat. The sand is colorful and you get this pattren of stripes within the bottle, layer upon layer of sand.

Security made her open it and shake it. I felt so badly for her, it was just ruined after that.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #72
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Ouch, not a pleasent experience, I'm sorry.
I remember once, when I flew out of Israel, there was an American tourist who had a bottle filled with sand from Timna, which is next to Eylat. The sand is colorful and you get this pattren of stripes within the bottle, layer upon layer of sand.

Security made her open it and shake it. I felt so badly for her, it was just ruined after that.
It was a long time go in the early days of profiling. I did not understand why they repeated the same question over and over. Now I do. They were very courteous.

She could have fun reassembling the sand in her bottle - something about entropy comes to mind.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #73
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I hope the ATP and WTA cancel the tennis tournament if they keep this up.

However, I do remember going diving in Israel. An Irish guy arrives in Tel Aviv from the Dominican Republic at the time everyone at a party at the Dominican Embassy in Colombia was taken hostage, including the Israeli Ambassador. Bad timing. I was questioned for a few hours, the same questions over and over. I told them I was going to Eliat to dive and please open my suitcase and see all my gear.......... No, just answer the questions. I was not released until they contacted the dive company and the dive instructor came to the airport for the Eliat flight.
At the time I did not understand the repetitive questioning. Now I do. Far more effective than a fanny pat by some minimum wage youngster.
Yep, they grill you once and again with the same silly questions, not letting you reply before next question is up already. Funny enough I've endured that shit everytime in my way out, never in.

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #74
country flag Or Levy

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...q2w6AD9E6JVL01

Hamas aide: Assassinated leader smuggled weapons
(AP) – 22 minutes ago

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — The right-hand man of a Hamas leader assassinated in Dubai has confirmed Israeli claims that his boss supplied weapons to Palestinian militants.

Mohammed Nassar spoke to Hamas' Al Aqsa radio in Gaza from Damascus. A transcript was released Tuesday.

Nassar was an aide to Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, who was assassinated Jan. 19. Israel is widely suspected, but has not confirmed or denied involvement.

Al-Mabhouh allegedly smuggled weapons from Iran to Gaza.

Nassar says al-Mabhouh "never stopped thinking about how to fight the occupation by supplying quality weapons to the Palestinian fighters. "

The aide also describes how al-Mabhouh celebrated killing two Israeli soldiers in the mid-1980s by standing on one of the corpses.

--------------------------------

I don't know whether we did it, but he definitly deserved to be offed.