NATO does it again - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #46
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NATO does it again

@ marc

no matter how much you (rightly so or not, i don't know) diss your country, you do realise that most of the world loves sweden, right? i mean, i guess if germans had to compile a list of foreign countries they love most, there's quite a likelihood that sweden would come out on top, among australia. we love your education system, your friendliness, your girls, your crime fiction and tons more, and so does the world.

and even during ww2 sweden did much better than most european countries, what are you on about?
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #47
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
@ marc

no matter how much you (rightly so or not, i don't know) diss your country, you do realise that most of the world loves sweden, right? i mean, i guess if germans had to compile a list of foreign countries they love most, there's quite a likelihood that sweden would come out on top, among australia. we love your education system, your friendliness, your girls, your crime fiction and tons more, and so does the world.

and even during ww2 sweden did much better than most european countries, what are you on about?
Yes, as I have traveled quite alot I have noticed that people really idealize alot of things in my country. I really dont get how our education system can be an example to the rest of the western countries anymore (maybe they once were, but not in my generation), our girls are quite beautiful to watch from a long distance but if you get close you will see that even the sun has it dark spots. When it comes to our friendliness, we are easily friendly to strangers but we do not often become friends with strangers. Our crime fiction is ridiculous for a swede to read, as there hardly is any crime in Sweden, Stig Larsson and Mankell invent a dark Sweden that doesnt exist (ok this is fiction, but all weird conspiracies in specialy Stig Larssons books is incredibly silly).

Most european countries are ashamed of what they did in the second world war, in Sweden most are proud of our cowardly behavior in the second world war (that is what I am ashamed of, not what swedes did before I was born).

Ok, now I am going overboard about this, I love my country but the myth of Sweden is not quite the reality we live in over here.
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #48
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcRD View Post
Yes, as I have traveled quite alot I have noticed that people really idealize alot of things in my country. I really dont get how our education system can be an example to the rest of the western countries anymore (maybe they once were, but not in my generation)
well, first of all you have like 40% of students completing university degrees as opposed to 20% in germany (i'm gonna compare sweden to us now, it's the only stats i know). secondly, most people think highly of the efforts sweden puts into early integration at school. in germany, classes get separated at the age of ~ 10, kids get downright selected into "stupid", "okay" and "bright". i don't really wanna google all the stuff but i'm fairly sure sweden has fared way better than germany regarding all things PISA as well, along with finland.

Quote:
our girls are quite beautiful to watch from a long distance but if you get close you will see that even the sun has it dark spots.
i have yet to see an ugly swede, sorry. on average sweden must be the best-looking country on the planet. even your hockey players look man-pretty, to quote kelso from "that 70s show".

Quote:
When it comes to our friendliness, we are easily friendly to strangers but we do not often become friends with strangers.
then you're pretty much the opposite to germans: we're in general a hard nut to crack but once we're open, you can trust us more than you'd imagine. we're even getting carried away to the point of being too loyal at times.

Quote:
Our crime fiction is ridiculous for a swede to read, as there hardly is any crime in Sweden, Stig Larsson and Mankell invent a dark Sweden that doesnt exist (ok this is fiction, but all weird conspiracies in specialy Stig Larssons books is incredibly silly).
are you sure? i've watched a long interview with the guy who created the mohammed cartoons, westgard or something. he would say, among many other things, that the scandinavian countries have certain labels within scandinavia. i don't remember what he said about the norwegians and the finns, but he stated the danish are cheerful and jolly and the swedes are melancholic and a bit somber - which is in line with what its crime fiction describes. was he completely wrong?

Quote:
Most european countries are ashamed of what they did in the second world war, in Sweden most are proud of our cowardly behavior in the second world war (that is what I am ashamed of, not what swedes did before I was born).
as i said, if you compare what sweden did back then with what others did, you win. hardly any country on the planet is able to brag about its clean record from 39-45.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #49
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well, first of all you have like 40% of students completing university degrees as opposed to 20% in germany (i'm gonna compare sweden to us now, it's the only stats i know). secondly, most people think highly of the efforts sweden puts into early integration at school. in germany, classes get separated at the age of ~ 10, kids get downright selected into "stupid", "okay" and "bright". i don't really wanna google all the stuff but i'm fairly sure sweden has fared way better than germany regarding all things PISA as well, along with finland.
It is very easy to get into some bad universities in Sweden and you get all kind of state benefits like 300 euros every month and you can borrow with low interest rates up to 1000 euros. Last I heard the czech were outperforming us in PISA, Finland has long been the new rolemodel in education and we have just been getting worse results for every year.

Quote:
i have yet to see an ugly swede, sorry. on average sweden must be the best-looking country on the planet. even your hockey players look man-pretty, to quote kelso from "that 70s show".
I wasnt really talking about beauty, more things that has to do with personality I cant really explain. Go for the norwegians instead, they are as beautiful but more sympathetic. Atleast from personal experience, most people from other countries probably wont ever see any differense between swedish, danish and norwegians girls. I still think czech women and french women are the most sexy on the planet, swedish girls are sexy until they spit like a baseball player on the pavement.

Quote:
then you're pretty much the opposite to germans: we're in general a hard nut to crack but once we're open, you can trust us more than you'd imagine. we're even getting carried away to the point of being too loyal at times.
Yes, we have this reserved friendliness which makes it hard to break the ice too, I only have childhood friends I really would call my friends in Sweden while I have dozens of friends outside Sweden, some I only knew some days when I was traveling and still they would let me borrow the keys to their beach house without a problem. That would never happen here in Sweden, not even if you knew a family for your whole life.

Quote:
are you sure? i've watched a long interview with the guy who created the mohammed cartoons, westgard or something. he would say, among many other things, that the scandinavian countries have certain labels within scandinavia. i don't remember what he said about the norwegians and the finns, but he stated the danish are cheerful and jolly and the swedes are melancholic and a bit somber - which is in line with what its crime fiction describes. was he completely wrong?
To me scandinavians get more cheerful as you go further to the west or south, norwegians, danish and western swedes (like in Gothenburg) are much more happy with life while eastern Sweden and specially Finland gets more dark and somber. Finnish people are probably the most somber people in the face of this planet, northern and eastern swedes (excluding big cities like Stockholm and Uppsala) are almost up there with the finnish. Even the way they speak in Gothenburg, Malmö and most of Norway and Denmark is very joyful and quite different from the heavy and slow speech in northern Sweden.

This doesnt mean there is secret criminal organisations which control every part of Swedish society ofcourse, the idea of there beeing a swedish maffia has always been an internal joke in Sweden (a norwegian maffia is even funnier).

Quote:
as i said, if you compare what sweden did back then with what others did, you win. hardly any country on the planet is able to brag about its clean record from 39-45.
Some countries were brainwashed and full of hate, some countries fought couragously for the freedom of humanity (even if they didnt get a clean record) and Sweden took advantage of the whole mess and tried to make money from the war. We were not the worst but compare us to the norwegians who bravely stopped Hitler from getting the atomic bomb, then you cant say we were among the best countries at that time.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #50
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Mossad know stole some Australian passports from its citizens living in Israel.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there are criminal organisations in Scandinavia for the fuck sake they have them in Iceland. It's run by people who don't want to bring too much attention to themselves.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #52
country flag marcRD
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Of course there are criminal organisations in Scandinavia for the fuck sake they have them in Iceland. It's run by people who don't want to bring too much attention to themselves.
Yes, ofcourse there are criminal organisations but in these criminal stories they have organisations controlling every part of swedish society, including politicians, the police and the legal institutions like in Napoli. Stig Larsson who is the most sold author from Sweden was a paranoid communist who actually belived that all rich people were sociopathic perverts who could control every part of society and **** little girls in their basements without getting punnished. Whole milenium trilogy is a femministic/communistic wet masturbation fantasy were rich perverted capitalist men have a reign of terror and democracy is just a facade, where all institutions in society are actually bought and women are threated like animals. If the story atleast took place in USA he could get away with it but the whole deal gets awfully silly when it takes place in quiet, boring social democratic Sweden where a politician's career is over if he forgets to pay the obligatory state TV charge and where we together with the rest of scandinavia tops the low corruption rankings every year.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #53
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sweden has produced a completely disproportionate number or outstanding and influential metal bands thoughout the years. It's something I've always wondered about and it would definitely be worth a sociology thesis for a phd for someone who was so inclined.

Great country in other words.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #54
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Bofors and the Indian government with that arms deal. The Wallenbergs, what they don't exist.

Are the books advertised as fiction, if so then take it for what it is.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #55
country flag marcRD
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Bofors and the Indian government with that arms deal. The Wallenbergs, what they don't exist.

Are the books advertised as fiction, if so then take it for what it is.
If atleast Stig Larsson was a good writter maybe his fiction would be more belivable...

Mankell is definetly better, but I cant quite see what the world finds so fascinating in these quite avarage and exagerated swedish bestsellers.

You cant really compare it to english criminal authors like John Le Carre and Agatha Christie.

PS:There are alot of myth about the rich family Wallenbergs in Sweden (which prob comes from the great mass who are very suspiscious of rich people), in reality they are nothing but excellent for the country and the testament of their greatgrandfather praticaly prohibited the profit from the company to go to anything else than to scientific projects.

Last edited by marcRD : 02-26-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #56
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, as I have traveled quite alot I have noticed that people really idealize alot of things in my country. I really dont get how our education system can be an example to the rest of the western countries anymore (maybe they once were, but not in my generation), our girls are quite beautiful to watch from a long distance but if you get close you will see that even the sun has it dark spots. When it comes to our friendliness, we are easily friendly to strangers but we do not often become friends with strangers. Our crime fiction is ridiculous for a swede to read, as there hardly is any crime in Sweden, Stig Larsson and Mankell invent a dark Sweden that doesnt exist (ok this is fiction, but all weird conspiracies in specialy Stig Larssons books is incredibly silly).

Ok, now I am going overboard about this, I love my country but the myth of Sweden is not quite the reality we live in over here.
Rrainer once said Swedes and Danes are quite similar to Germans, so there you go...
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #57
country flag marcRD
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Rrainer once said Swedes and Danes are quite similar to Germans, so there you go...
Are we? I dont know, I have never been to Germany. Danes and Swedes are fairly different from each other aswell, Danes know better how to enjoy life and talk the ugliest scandinavian dialect imaginable, no one in scandinavia can understand what they are saying (we still can easily read danish).
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #58
country flag Stensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Sweden has produced a completely disproportionate number or outstanding and influential metal bands thoughout the years. It's something I've always wondered about and it would definitely be worth a sociology thesis for a phd for someone who was so inclined.

Great country in other words.
not only metal: take abba and the likes, ace of base, producers like max martin (!), redone (!!), bloodshy & avant etc.

sweden is easily the most succesful music nation on a per-capita basis.

Quote:
...Sweden took advantage of the whole mess and tried to make money from the war.
hm? didn't you save tons of jews, for example? that's what we get told in history classes over here.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #59
country flag Stensland

Quote:
Are we? I dont know, I have never been to Germany.
certainly in relation to northern germans, yes, in my opinion. hamburg or bremen could be situated in southern sweden or denmark just as well.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #60
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Are we? I dont know, I have never been to Germany. Danes and Swedes are fairly different from each other aswell, Danes know better how to enjoy life and talk the ugliest scandinavian dialect imaginable, no one in scandinavia can understand what they are saying (we still can easily read danish).
Didn't you know the deal with people in Norden, they are all the same.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1