RafaChat Part 14 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #46
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Yes, we're probably talking about you' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
They were legends. I love Bea Arthur, and as for Betty White - some of her filthy comedy is just superb....and as for Estelle Getty
Rue's stories about Estelle's dementia were very sad.

But her other stories were great.
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #47
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor Dandy View Post
I actually prefer pecan pie over all others, but we never seem to have any during Thanksgiving. I'll have a talk with my sister-in-laws. One of them will come through....
pecan is good too. Apparently, I'm a pie junkie.

how many sisters-in-law have you got?
cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #48
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post

I think when you consider the whole package - looks, personality, humour, taste in tennis players.....I was the clear and deserving winner, no?

What did he do to the Cat Lady?
And so MODEST too

He quoted a post she made in the Djoko forum when she was very upset at Djoko's loss to Marat in his signature to ridicule her - not very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
Hey now, Sir Cheddar. You Brits aren't exactly known for your high-falutin' cheeses either.

I loved the Golden Girls. Rose was JUST like my Grandma.
Yeah but come on - Colby, Monterey Jack....yada yada - they all taste the same. Yellow, hard, artificial. We may not be the home of Brie, mozarrella and emmental, but we do have some good cheddar, cheshire, double gloucester, stilton, red leicester among many others.

Quote:
That's not the only food they're not known for. Of course, I don't each much American cuisine either.
It's a good job we have had a large immigrant population to help our food culture - most Brits my age these days eat more Chinese, Thai, Italian, Japanese, Indian and Mexican food than "British" meals.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #49
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not the only food they're not known for. Of course, I don't each much American cuisine either.
Do you like Thai food? Thai and Vietnamese are my two absolute favorites.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #50
country flag cmurray

Quote:
He quoted a post she made in the Djoko forum when she was very upset at Djoko's loss to Marat in his signature to ridicule her - not very nice.
yeah...that was just mean.

Quote:
Yeah but come on - Colby, Monterey Jack....yada yada - they all taste the same. Yellow, hard, artificial. We may not be the home of Brie, mozarrella and emmental, but we do have some good cheddar, cheshire, double gloucester, stilton, red leicester among many others.
It all tastes like ass to me, so I'll be happy to agree with you.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #51
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you like Thai food? Thai and Vietnamese are my two absolute favorites.
I love Thai food and Vietnamese too. Living half the year in Thailand makes it easy to eat good Thai food everyday. The best food Thai food you get is the one cooked in the street. The restaurants in the posh areas usually bastardise for foreigners. My favourite Thai food is from the Northeast and the South- the really fieriest. Thais who are not from the South find the fieriness too much for them. So it's not easy to get real southern Thai food in Bangkok. You have to go to the beach resorts for that.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #52
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I am being ignored here BD and Cheryl, get a room you two
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #53
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And so MODEST too

Well her own comments about Nadal/Agassi/Murray/Cachalot whale aren't very nice either.

Glenn was absolutely correct to point out sheer hypocrisy, and the same Mr Safin who was told 'f*ck you' in the post, is a man she was once a fan of
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #54
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And so MODEST too

I presumed you liked that in a guy considering your love of Roger

Oh I expected a lot worse than that
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #55
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Two. They're good people.

One of my old professors ("20th Century British Novel") said the exact same thing.

Love it. Indian and Greek food are at the top of my list. Japanese used to be a close third, but now I'm a vegetarian. Thai is the running for the bronze.
Yep, me too. I like all of those. I don't tend to like standard american fare - I much prefer ethnic food.

I am watching Rafa cry with his Mami and Papi again. Obviously I'm obsessed. Roger looks so sad. BD, I can understand your fascination with Robbie Federer now. What a class act!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #56
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
I presumed you liked that in a guy considering your love of Roger

Oh I expected a lot worse than that
Show me your 12 Grand Slams and I'll love your slight arrogance too
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #57
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post

Hema, I would NEVER ignore you.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #58
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post

I currently have my sister's cat on my bed I texted my g/f to tell her I have a good looking girl in bed with me and sent her a picture
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #59
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
I don't like cheesecake- which saddens me as a huge fan of the Golden Girls. But I love cheese-it is my favorite type of food. The one food that I wish had zero calories.

scoobs- between SVH and the Golden Girls- we have similar tastes. I met Rue at a booksigning and presentation last year and she was awesome.

DT- nope, never saw the movie.
You must watch the movie. It has Nora Jones and Jude Law really great film.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #60
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, don't you start. I previously established that Cheryl only likes me for five minutes at a time. Okay, I didn't establish it so much as just blurt it. It's true enough, though.
Well those five minutes are all so and cozy though

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Well her own comments about Nadal/Agassi/Murray/Cachalot whale aren't very nice either.

Glenn was absolutely correct to point out sheer hypocrisy, and the same Mr Safin who was told 'f*ck you' in the post, is a man she was once a fan of
Glenn has no business pointing out anything of anybody's I don't like the Cat Lady much but its still rather mean particularly because she said it right after the match.

Quote:
Yep, me too. I like all of those. I don't tend to like standard american fare - I much prefer ethnic food.
I like Indian, Thai, Mexican food I also like the Mongolian Buffet although in all of these places I have tough time making sure the food is vegetarian. In a lot of Thai restaurants they add fish/oyster sauce by default even in their vegetarian options
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread