RafaChat Part 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute
Default RafaChat Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Ditto - I find myself liking him but if I paid any attention to what he believes, or what he SAYS he believes anyway, I'd end up going nuts. So I think of him as pretty and ornamental and pay no attention to the drivel
While I can understand why he may amuse people - I have a hard time though with myopic ranting (when there seeme to be a brain there) so he tends to bug me more than not. And again- I am not keen on misogyny- no matter how cute the sexist.

Quote:
He's clearly an intelligent guy--to say nothing of his behavior. However, I've seen a picture or two of him somewhere or other, but I had no idea he was attractive until you folks said so.
It is funny how there can be different ideas of what is attractive- but I do think Gu fits the bill for a number of folks.

Quote:
So yeah I think he is intelligent but he is happy to come across as someone who has no respect at all for a different view to his own, which is a shame.
That is what bugs the sh** out of me. I don't like it when people want to argue for the sake of arguing and calling anyone who does not agree with them an idiot. I see too much of that type of - or rather lack of - discourse in the political realm.

I guess one shouldn't expect discourse that much in today's messageboard society- but I enjoy it when I find it and I feel the art of discussion is becoming lost.

I kinda feel bad talking about the fellow so much....but oh well- just doing what the thread title demands.

Last edited by Clara Bow : 07-09-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Clara Bow is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Yes, we're probably talking about you' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
cricket

rahul has a lot of fanboys

you've seen Gu too? i wanna see i like to judge prettiness for myself
Oh I forgot Yuvraj Singh makes me drool no end too
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tend to agree that he's intelligent - you can see that by the way he is able to twist out of the argument-based traps people always try and lay for him - whenever I see some newcomer to GM start up and take him on I always think "oh dear, here we go".

I think he is intelligent, and I think he is a troll in the true sense of the word - that he posts things purely for the purpose of provoking a reaction from one fanbase or another. I have no idea what he really thinks about tennis. His views are probably fairly accurate as he states them but he tends to embellish them with lashings of troll behaviour and liberal use of buzzwords like mug, faker, moonballer, etc, knowing how much it annoys people.

So yeah I think he is intelligent but he is happy to come across as someone who has no respect at all for a different view to his own, which is a shame.
and you like him for this. This is a subject upon which I am completely incapable of being impartial as I have often been a target of his "go bake a pie, bitch" comments.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhammaTiger View Post
You are brave indeed. I thought I could do the same not pay attention to him. Then when he changed his siggy to malign Rafa nd link him to that doping scandal in Spain. I just said this guy is sick and he is beyond the pale. That's why I have vowed never to go to GM again.
Scoobs, you are very tolerant guy and are jai yen ( cool heart in Thai) I can imagine you not getting ruffled but me alas I am not a good Buddhist.
Yeah well I think what he's doing there is pretty disgusting but again, he's just trying to provoke that exact reaction from people.

And he's being very careful with it not to explicity accuse anyone, knowing people can understand what he's implying.

So I just pay no attention again because really, what does he view matter?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
pictures thread on Chat Threads
search by username
not mine
Somewhere along the line, I think I've seen a picture of you. Can't remember where, though.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
and you like him for this. This is a subject upon which I am completely incapable of being impartial as I have often been a target of his "go bake a pie, bitch" comments.
Yikes. He did not say that, did he? I mean, I like pies as much as the next man, but that's flagrantly offside.

EDIT: I probably actually like pies more than the next man. You know, full disclosure and all.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No I like him for the times I've actually had the odd intelligent, rational discussion with him.

Doesn't mean I condone his behaviour towards other posters or remarks and insinuations about players.

But I do believe you can do one of two things with people who troll to provoke a reaction - either ban them completely (and keep banning their aliases that pop up), or refuse to let their prattle get under your skin in any way.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #8
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Somewhere along the line, I think I've seen a picture of you. Can't remember where, though.
Mister MTF contest maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor Dandy View Post
Yikes. He did not say that, did he? I mean, I like pies as much as the next man, but that's flagrantly offside.
Of course he did.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #10
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Of course he did.
Needless to say he's capable of being an utter prick. And I think he knows he's being watched closely to make sure he behaves better these days
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tend to agree that he's intelligent - you can see that by the way he is able to twist out of the argument-based traps people always try and lay for him - whenever I see some newcomer to GM start up and take him on I always think "oh dear, here we go".

I think he is intelligent, and I think he is a troll in the true sense of the word - that he posts things purely for the purpose of provoking a reaction from one fanbase or another. I have no idea what he really thinks about tennis. His views are probably fairly accurate as he states them but he tends to embellish them with lashings of troll behaviour and liberal use of buzzwords like mug, faker, moonballer, etc, knowing how much it annoys people.

Sorry to jump in but I don't think he's very intelligent. I haven't really seen him get out of any traps. He wins by being more aggressive than the other poster. I think he's smug and rates his abilities rather highly and that includes his trolling abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
pictures thread on Chat Threads
search by username
not mine
Genci I saw your pic when I was bored and looking through the pic thread. I saw Gu's too . He's above average but not that good looking as everyone makes him out to be
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #12
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

i suck at using the search function i'll try again later.

scoobs, i think you nailed it when you said he does it just to provoke people. but i don't find that annoying in principle - i like the concept of making provocative statements to test the boundaries.

i don't find his type of posting annoying at all. actually the only two things i consistently dislike about GM are noletrolls crying foul, and people acting holier than thou. if i'm annoyed by other things, it tends to be momentary. GM (not Gu) on the whole is rather entertaining, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #13
country flag cmurray

Quote:
No I like him for the times I've actually had the odd intelligent, rational discussion with him.

Doesn't mean I condone his behaviour towards other posters or remarks and insinuations about players.

But I do believe you can do one of two things with people who troll to provoke a reaction - either ban them completely (and keep banning their aliases that pop up), or refuse to let their prattle get under your skin in any way.
I certainly don't engage anymore, so I fall mostly into the latter category.

Although to be fair, I did once have this surreal and quite hilarious conversation that ended in my inviting him to my house to play batman and superman with my son.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #14
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor Dandy View Post
EDIT: I probably actually like pies more than the next man. You know, full disclosure and all.

You should rent the movie Waitress- pies are an important part.

Cheryl- I am with you in the sexit comments bugging.

To me using misogynistic or racist comments to insult someone that you disagree is a line that once crossed- urgh. Because if someone thinks that is appropriate to do- even if they are doing a troll persona- I have to think they are actully misogynistic or racist. And I don't hang with sexist bigots.....
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't have anytime for people who use their intelligence to annoy, abuse, distres others. I believe such posters regardless of their entertainment value for some should be banned. As for him I think he should banned for bein g the worst troll. He actually spawns imitators. I think MTF is going downhill and really there has to be some standards set. I am sorry I had to rant.