Front Row Tennis Live Webcast Opinion Poll - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Live Stream Court Coverage

Prefer stream on single center court with 3 cameras, instant replay - like TV on the web 15 28.85%
Prefer you cover action on 2-3 courts with a single camera view 37 71.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
mad1town

mad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond repute
Default Front Row Tennis Live Webcast Opinion Poll

For those of you who watched our Live Webcast from the 2010 Dallas Challenger event...thank you!

Please help us get better and answer this quick poll.

Do you prefer our coverage to be on a single "center court" (like Dallas) or would you prefer us to stream 2 courts with a single camera on each court (the camera view behind the court)?

We would continue to provide the ATP Live Scoring application for both courts.

Thanks for taking the poll

Marc Lemke
mad1town is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
country flag marquez
Banned!

marquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Front Row Tennis Live Webcast Opinion Poll

first of all your coverage of the dallas challenger has been phenomenal

loved the quality of the stream, good commentary
having different cameras for one match was great but I'd still prefer having 2 or 3 courts covered especially for the early round

keep the good work up!
marquez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
mad1town

mad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
country flag docking34

docking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond repute

dude, you going to stream more challengers?? would love to see more streamed, cause after all digital technology is the new thing nowadays
docking34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #5
mad1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by docking34 View Post
dude, you going to stream more challengers?? would love to see more streamed, cause after all digital technology is the new thing nowadays
We would love to...working on it...tell your local tourney to give us a call!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with marquez. I would prefer a single camera view for 2-3 courts and later in the week, when most matches are on center, you could do the first option. But it is great anyway.

I must also say I missed Craig O'Shannessy a bit the last couple of years. He was a cult figure of the Dallas coverage. I didn't watch too much this year, did he show up at all?
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
mad1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
I agree with marquez. I would prefer a single camera view for 2-3 courts and later in the week, when most matches are on center, you could do the first option. But it is great anyway.

I must also say I missed Craig O'Shannessy a bit the last couple of years. He was a cult figure of the Dallas coverage. I didn't watch too much this year, did he show up at all?
Craig was at the event occasionally but no longer works at the club. We hired a professional announcer (Ken Thomas) and filled in the 2nd chair with Craig Karseno from the club (who does a really nice job in the booth) along with some of the club pros or local pros with major ATP credentials (ex. Royce Deppe - doubles quarter finalist at Wimbledon), Byron Talbot (top 10 doubles player and year end master series participant), etc.

I've gotten so many emails from people praising the announcers...hopefully you enjoyed them as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Much prefer the option to have a choice of matches
Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
mad1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
Much prefer the option to have a choice of matches
Thanks for taking the time to tell us your thoughts...looks like others are agreeing with you.

Marc
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
mad1town

Currently 75% say they would like multiple courts covered rather than 1 with a full production. Just to be clear, the multiple courts would be covered with 1 camera (typical end view) with the ATP Live Scoreboard providing scores, no actual commentary except updates from across multiple courts. Would you still vote for multiple courts covered?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Great tournament. I really prefered the coverage you had 2 years ago, with both Craigs as announcers and, as I recall, cameras just at the back of multiple courts. Back then players disappeared off in the corners sometimes, which certainly didn't give that a professional feel, but the angles gave a great feel for the ball. I also really liked a couple of years ago how you had links set up to all the player interviews so you could go back and look at them if you missed them initially.

Stan Smith's speech on court was totally lame. I can't believe he included Ivan Lendl as an example of a former player still playing a lot of tennis?! Everything I've heard on that guy is that he never plays tennis.
Ivo#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #12
mad1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo#1Fan View Post
Great tournament. I really prefered the coverage you had 2 years ago, with both Craigs as announcers and, as I recall, cameras just at the back of multiple courts. Back then players disappeared off in the corners sometimes, which certainly didn't give that a professional feel, but the angles gave a great feel for the ball. I also really liked a couple of years ago how you had links set up to all the player interviews so you could go back and look at them if you missed them initially.

Stan Smith's speech on court was totally lame. I can't believe he included Ivan Lendl as an example of a former player still playing a lot of tennis?! Everything I've heard on that guy is that he never plays tennis.
Ivo - if there were more people like you I could have saved the sizable amount of money used to all buy professional broadcasting equipment and specialized encoding technology! Back in 2008, I hooked up my home consumer camera and did a basic stream using my laptop...the 2 Craig's talked into a shared microphone/headset plugged into my laptop...haha! We streamed just the 1 consumer camera from only 1 court at a very low speed and produced very grainy footage. As we did in 2008, we continue to use that same exact camera angle from the end of the court, except we now use a wide angle lens attached to a high end professional camera...plus 2 other manned cameras sitting court side for close-ups and instant replay and a 4th camera up high for facility shots.

The interviews in 2008 were done with a 2nd little home camera so they could be uploaded right away. Today, we do the interviews at the end of the match so the viewer has the context of the match they just watched when viewing the interview. We will be posting the archives this week...you can certainly skip to the end of the match if you want to watch only the interview. Craig Karseno continues to be in the booth...Craig O' is no longer at the club.

This years production took tons of equipment and 8 full time staff all working 12-14 hour days...it amazing to compare the difference when thinking back to 2008.

Anyway, we'll continue to try and get better with each event...thanks for watching.

Marc
Old 02-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #13
mad1town

Thanks for the voting so far...any more thoughts?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
mad1town

Thanks for the voting so far...any more thoughts?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
country flag Kraxths

Kraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with others, I d prefer action from 2-3 courts, though I gotta say the stream was perfect and I enjoyed Dallas challenger a lot. Commentators were also good, not like the crap ones euro bookies have at their streams
Kraxths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote