Andy - Chooses rest over Marseille - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #31
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy - Chooses rest over Marseilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
so no andy until barCELONA:SAD:
What about Dubai, IW and Miami?
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #32
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Is this now a mini chat thread? Well I just want to post this observation from googling Andy Murray.

Apparently Andy's name is not that unique in the sports world.

There's a Canadian hockey player named Andy Murray.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Murray_(ice_hockey)

And an Hockey Coach as well! It was odd to see so many "Blues Fire Murray" news stories pop up late last year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray_(ice_hockey)

And nowadays there's articles about an Irish boxer of the same name talking about an upcoming fight! Couldn't his parents named him something unusual dammit!

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #33
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Booo!

Ah well, at least it means I can ignore the tennis for another week.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #34
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Andy going all RF on us. This time last year Andy had played abu dhabi, doha, AO and was exhausted. This year he just played AO and seems fine smart stuff from Andy this year.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #35
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a good decision because I never got why he would play Marseille (no "s" at the end) to begin with, it seemed it was just to make up for last year - but there was nothing to make up for, last year's withdrawal was very understandable and it's not his fault if Caujolle, the director of Marseille, was being an utter drama queen about it.

But of course, committing and withdrawing in last minute AGAIN really wasn't Andy's best move... Caujolle is mad and very harsh about Andy again in the media, calling him "irresponsible", etc.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I just came across this article which is actually an exception and defending Andy, saying that he's not the culprit, it's actually the same as when JWT decided to skip Doha because he realized his schedule was too heavy, etc.:
http://www.eurosport.fr/ace_blog18/a...postfull.shtml
But Caujolle is so desperate that he felt the need to answer the author of the article and explain why he's so mad (his rant really is all over the French tennis websites, it's pretty bad for Andy's image imo, it really annoys me).
According to him here and in L'Equipe today, Andy said last year that he would come this year for free to make up for his late withdrawal. Caujolle refused because he precisely wanted to be sure that Andy wasn't going to withdraw again. So they agreed he would get the same conditions. Andy asked last week for a doubles wild-card to play with Jamie, he asked them to book 5 hotel rooms, the people in Marseille were doing their best to accommodate to his wishes and then he retired out of the blue. Caujolle says the the 1st seed of an event has a responsibility in his opinion and should be suspended by the ATP if he doesn't take it on. ^^

It's a pity it turns into such a drama every year and it makes him look like a complete prick for many French fans because it seems to me on the contrary that he's less of a prick than many top players.
I for myself really prefer him to not turn up if he knows he's not ready yet and doesn't feel like playing. That's the thing which was driving me nuts last year - Caujolle kept badmouthing him and praising Nole for showing up one year before - but he put up one of the worst tank jobs of the decade!
Anyway, it's done now, let's hope Caujolle will move on with the start of his event. And since he also is the director of Bercy, let's hope he will have overcome his bitterness towards Andy by then.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #37
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Andy I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #38
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I agree he shouldn't enter these tournaments if there's a real prospect he will pull out late, but there we are.

Given the stretch from Indian Wells to Wimbledon is long with not that many opportunities for a decent training block in there, this is the best decision, but it does him no favours to continually piss off tournament directors.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #39
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy - Chooses rest over Marseille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
(no "s" at the end)
Oops! Fixed! At least I got Gillou's thread right

Quote:
But of course, committing and withdrawing in last minute AGAIN really wasn't Andy's best move... Caujolle is mad and very harsh about Andy again in the media, calling him "irresponsible", etc.
I can see why he'd be pissed off but throwing the toys out of the pram in the press won't do either of them any favours.

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #40
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha "irresponsible" how on earth does he work that out!?

This has been on Sky Sports News just now as well.

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #41
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god what drama. I know it's bad for Andy to piss people off like that but I'm thinking the combo of him and Delpo pulling out, therefore leaving no real headliners for the tournament is what's upsetting this man.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #42
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why the organisers are pissed off but I can also see why Andy has withdrawn.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #43
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Storm in a teacup. Players withdraw from events all the time and tournament directors get in a flap about it in the media all the time. C'est la vie.

Andy has his priorities and the tournament directors have theirs. Frankly I'm more concerned with Andy's priorities than with those of M. Caujolle. Did he handle it well? Perhaps not - but then, is there a "well" way to handle this that will appease the tournament directors? I doubt it.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #44
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Marseille and Marseilles are both acceptable, the latter being correct in English (see your spell-checker!)
Old 02-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #45
country flag Truc

Oh OK, thanks, I didn't know that. It's weird.
Well, no "s" in French. I thought people made the mistake because other cities like Versailles are written with a "s" - French spelling is so confusing.