RafaChat Part 7 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #31
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Drinking till we pass out' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
I feel the same way. I'm hoping for a competitive match; if Berdych plays great and wins it then and I'll be rooting for him to win the whole thing.

Merton yoohoo!
I feel totally safe, as long as Roger or PMK come through the other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
So true.

Watch all the fake Berdych fans come out in force now he is playing Nadal.
Fair weather fans, it is you, me shotgun and Genci, plus the posters in his forum. I don't know if I forget anybody.

Quote:
that's where we all started

Well, I would say bio- and energy-related fields are the hot stuff at the moment. The way the public perceives scientists has a lot to do with the press and their tendency to sensationalize everything (familiar no?). The announced advances are not necessarily fake, sometimes it's just that it's too early to tell if they will work.

Why do you say that stem cells are a fad?

EDIT Ooops sorry, I confused the word fad with something else (fib)
Bandwagons in politics and funding make sports bandwagons look like innocent pranks. There is a lot of real potential in energy, especially renewables but talking about research you should first look at what you like.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #32
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Tomas will do his usual crapping his pants routine when he has set points against Fed like Davis Cup and the AO.

The PMK is just poison for him, got to say finally he is actually using a slice backhand and not just for decoration, though he needs to rip it a bit more, that tactic works against the PMK. I honestly don't expect the PMK to be volleying like Edberg consistently.

Quote:
Fair weather fans, it is you, me shotgun and Genci, plus the posters in his forum. I don't know if I forget anybody.
Deivid is a fan and I think Langers the clown who started the Berdman will win Miami thread is a fan, he has been at the same matches. Though one thing with all his wins, this is the only thread that has gone over 40 posts, which is good.

Quote:
Bandwagons in politics and funding make sports bandwagons look like innocent pranks. There is a lot of real potential in energy, especially renewables but talking about research you should first look at what you like.
For sure.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #33
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I forgot Deivid, for sure he is a fan, Langers too. I doubt we would get more than 15-20 people overall If Tomas wins on Friday he will get at least 100 people claiming he is the next best thing and they were fans since 2004

That missed set point against Roger was so annoying, Roger was somewhere in Tasmania and Tomas tries a dropshot that didn't clear the net I hope he uses the slice more often, he had an awesome one down the line that was deep and very low-bouncing when Andreev was 40-30 up in the game that Tomas broke serve in the 2nd set.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:14 AM   #34
country flag hra87

hra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I would say bio- and energy-related fields are the hot stuff at the moment. The way the public perceives scientists has a lot to do with the press and their tendency to sensationalize everything (familiar no?). The announced advances are not necessarily fake, sometimes it's just that it's too early to tell if they will work.

Why do you say that stem cells are a fad?

EDIT Ooops sorry, I confused the word fad with something else (fib)
Well, it's not just the press though. Scientists are certainly guilty fo over-sensationalizing their own work. I've read plenty of stem cell scientists talking about 5 years this and 10 years that. It gives people false hopes...actually quite sad when you hear lay people who have families with illnesses talking about stem cells. As far as we know, it'll end up being gene therapy all over again . There's a lot of basic promise being neglected because of the pressure to make it work clinically. One step at a time???

On renewable energies - CORN! GIVE ME YOUR VOTE IOWANS! CORN I SAY! CORN!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #35
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he is probably the young one along with Monfils for least fans, well on this board. Got to tennis events and there are many fans watching Monfils matches.

Berdych has won Bandwagon Player of the Month twice, well one for his play and the second one for the Madrid antics. I still have that match somewhere. The TB was hilarious, when he started running and got the massive knee lift after winning a point, he hasn't done it since, then all the avatars with shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Maybe the haircut has helped him. I wonder if Lucie told him to do it, she wears the pants in that relationship. Even the forehand has got a lot more air than it used to, the slice when used right is an excellent shot. I mean not like the Emilio Sanchez who couldn't hit a topspin backhand to save his life.

Tactiically he knows how to play Nadal, it's just whether he executes it or not.

Got to love Robbie Koening calling Berdych "rock solid", haha.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-03-2008, 04:20 AM   #36
country flag hra87

hra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Edit: Goodnight all. I am leaving now
Night. And I'm out here too.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:20 AM   #37
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you should add some fist pump action too; that would please JM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post

I will be rooting for Tipsarevic

Exactly, if you are a scientist and you don't like what you're doing then you're toast. I know some people in engineering fields who wanted to do bio and actually changed their mind when they saw almost everyone wanted to take that direction ; that's not the correct attitude either though IMO.

Quote:
Tomas will do his usual crapping his pants routine when he has set points against Fed like Davis Cup and the AO.

The PMK is just poison for him, got to say finally he is actually using a slice backhand and not just for decoration, though he needs to rip it a bit more, that tactic works against the PMK. I honestly don't expect the PMK to be volleying like Edberg consistently.
your prediction is wise but there is always a first time
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #38
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Metis, you don't even like Berdych.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 AM   #39
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I love these fashions.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 04-03-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 AM   #40
country flag hra87

One last note -

This board makes me sad sometimes. What other sports messageboard has people making philosophy jokes and talking about scientific research? Golf? We should follow REAL sports.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:35 AM   #41
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Metis, you don't even like Berdych.

Well, I predicted he would win this tournament and have a bet on that; besides Merton promised to become a Rafatard until MC if that happens .

Seriously I have nothing against Berdych. I have seen a few of his matches and I understand why he is considered a talented player with huge potential. I'd rather see him at the top of the rankings than Djokovic. Yes the shushing incident was annoying at the time but I think I've learnt enough about tennis since then to not let such minor things (as well as my being a big Nadal fan) affect my judgement .
Old 04-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #42
country flag Metis

hra I'll reply to your post in a minute...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #43
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The bet is what got you into this Berdych love Metis. The only problem with the shhhhh incident was that he bought out the pink dress when he played Gonzalez. He is not like Andreev, Hrbaty or Nalbandian that can play well away from home in hostile environments.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #44
country flag Merton

Metis turning to a Bird fan Actually if you want to blame Tomas for his behavior a much better example is the match against Santoro at Wimbledon, when he took a medical time out at the 4th set that Djokovic would have been proud off. The shhhh incident was funny rather than anything else, as George said the important thing was that Tomas couldn't withstand the crowd hostility in his next match.

By the way, judging by how PMK was hitting the ball against Ancic, Janko is toast tomorrow. Still, obviously Davydenko is not going through Roger.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:54 AM   #45
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Old Seahorse is still pissed off about that incident against Santoro and it was very poor form for sure. Coria, Djokovic or John McEnroe would have been proud of that.

Check out that clown FedFan 2007, had to call him out on his Berdych bandwagoning.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Closed Thread