The most #1 record reached thread - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #271
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to screwing up the most #1 record thread

nadal guaranteed to be the 2nd seed for roland garros ?
So that Roger won't play with nadal before the final at roland garros ??
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #272
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
nadal guaranteed to be the 2nd seed for roland garros ?
So that Roger won't play with nadal before the final at roland garros ??
He is, Rafa got back to #2 just by making the final of Madrid, which of course he has done already so he is back at #2 just in time for RG

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #273
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
Yes. For a very short while today it looked like Almugro just might do the unthinkable, but that was obviously not meant to be.

If Roger makes the final, then he can make do with an RG SF if Rafa wins both events.

If Roger loses tonight, he has to reach the RG final if Rafa wins both events.

If Roger wins tonight AND beats Rafa in the Final, the deal is done.

BTW, I like Rafa, but these days I hope that he loses everytime he steps on court.

Mathematically certain or would Roger still need to win a match or two at RG/Halle?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #274
country flag The Magician
Banned!

The Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond repute

So basically he just wanted to give his fans a heart attack

Well I'm glad the record is easily reachable now. Not that I personally care too much, it'll just be nice to put another hitch in the already decrepit Sampras bandwagon
The Magician is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #275
country flag Swiss Mountain

Swiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
His win today means that yep assuming Rafa wins them both all he needs to do is get to the semis at RG! I was expecting to lose all hope of him breaking the record before this tournament so well done Fed whatever happens tomorrow
Me too and especially onclay. What an insult last year when he said he lost because he was injured! oh! no really? like... all the last years? all the time, everytime the guy is either injured or sick;

last year he lost to fed because the poor 23yrs old had a 4h final (2h15 if you put off the time to serve of Novak & NAdal); Roger played a 5h30 semi against Nalby at the Rome 2006 Master and nobody said he lost because he was tired right?
I guess Rafa always has a pass while Roger must be iron man.

Inside Tennis - March 23rd, 2010
Swiss Mountain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #276
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Wel, there we are. Another Fedal Final in Madrid. .
Great result!!!!

Congrats Rogelio!!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:30 AM   #277
country flag Swiss Mountain

Swiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond repute

How much time are you allow to seve? it's something like 20 seconds;
I'd like to know the real time and why umpires aren't doing their job while ATP is showing a lot of time on our screens the time they take to serve, especially Nadal and Djokovic because they are famous, but not the only ones.

When you have been n°1, it's the least you can do to show example to the young people watching you

Inside Tennis - March 23rd, 2010
Swiss Mountain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #278
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
So basically he just wanted to give his fans a heart attack

Well I'm glad the record is easily reachable now. Not that I personally care too much, it'll just be nice to put another hitch in the already decrepit Sampras bandwagon
i wouldn't want to say it's "easily reachable" .. he could always screw up RG early and lose the record...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #279
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Roger wins tonight AND beats Rafa in the Final, the deal is done.
really?? i tot even if roger wins... rafa will get 8700 if he wins RG and roger w/o RG gets 8430 -- so roger STILL needs to get into RG QF at least to seal the deal...

the only thing u can confirm is if roger wins madrid... only nadal is left to stop the record... everyone else has been eliminated mathematically from the picture...

regards,
wacky
Old 05-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #280
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

let's hope that nadal won't play queens tournament so that record will be easily broken...
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #281
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
really?? i tot even if roger wins... rafa will get 8700 if he wins RG and roger w/o RG gets 8430 -- so roger STILL needs to get into RG QF at least to seal the deal...
No, if Roger wins Madrid he's at 8430 and Nadal can reach no higher than 8300 by winning RG. Then there's Queens/Halle afterwards, but I'm not looking at that right now.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #282
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mountain View Post
Nadal at 28 will ends up in an armchair, poor guy. All this for money.
He should register to handi-tennis now, it's not too late. Good luck anyway in your life you "chemical machine=" (=ESPN property)!
I disagree. I think Nadal's physical problems have been mainly down to poor scheduling, which he seems to finally have learned (he skipped Barcelona). With clever scheduling his knees ought to stand the distance and aside from the knees he doesn't seem that injuryprone. I would be much more worried for the likes of Del Potro, Tsonga, Monfils, etc. Nadal was unfortunate to be injured right around Wimbledon last year, but otherwise how many tournaments have he been forced to skip? Del Potro is younger than Nadal and has been out since AO and has a career threatening injury.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #283
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

GOD Please Bless Roger play his Best tennis today!!

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZ Roger!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #284
country flag wackykid

Quote:
No, if Roger wins Madrid he's at 8430 and Nadal can reach no higher than 8300 by winning RG. Then there's Queens/Halle afterwards, but I'm not looking at that right now.
oh i think i considered the possibilities that nadal plays in nice... is he playing??

regards,
wacky
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #285
country flag recessional

recessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
oh i think i considered the possibilities that nadal plays in nice... is he playing??

regards,
wacky
i haven't checked, but i don't think he is. he probably wants to rest up for RG.
recessional is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote