The most #1 record reached thread - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #256
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to screwing up the most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnuf7 View Post
So what if he say reaches the SF or just the final of Madrid but doesn't win it...what would be the mininum he'd have to achieve at RG to guarantee this thing?
It's quite straightforward: A final at RG is necessary unless he makes the final of Madrid, where he can make do with a SF at RG.
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #257
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
It's quite straightforward: A final at RG is necessary unless he makes the final of Madrid, where he can make do with a SF at RG.
Oh I was hoping it'd be like win 2 matches at RG or something...ah well just have to hope for the best & hope Roger brings his best game possible in the next few weeks.

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #258
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

apologies... finally managed to update the thread... and with djokovic withdrawing from madrid... nadal is now mathematically the leading contender and realistically the only one likely to stop roger... have removed the others non-contender from the thread... roger needs 1520 points to secure the record...

anyway if he reaches final of madrid and SF of RG... he will only level the record at #286... and still need to win queens to secure week #287 and seal the record...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #259
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
I'm confused by yours. We can't even agree on Fed's minimums, let alone the maximums for the other players.

If you guys are going by the tournaments that the players have announced that they are playing, then no wonder we aren't going to come up with the same figures.

I'm excluding Barca and Estoril. I am including MC/Rome/Madrid and RG. Nadal's RG points come off, just like Federer's. If you've included Nadals' RG points than you are going to get the wrong answer.
sorry to necro this post... but i'd be interested to know HOW are your calculations by now... seeing that u haven't updated your numbers for a while...

regards,
wacky
Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #260
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #261
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
apologies... finally managed to update the thread... and with djokovic withdrawing from madrid... nadal is now mathematically the leading contender and realistically the only one likely to stop roger... have removed the others non-contender from the thread... roger needs 1520 points to secure the record...

anyway if he reaches final of madrid and SF of RG... he will only level the record at #286... and still need to win queens to secure week #287 and seal the record...

regards,
wacky
At this point, equalling the record will do it for me!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #262
country flag Diprosalic

Diprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond reputeDiprosalic has a reputation beyond repute

is that match gonna happen today?
It's more like a display of an awful match up, brainless tactics and chokefests.
Diprosalic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #263
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post

regards,
wacky
But in your assumption , you assume that nadal will win madrid right ?
But this is not sure thing...
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #264
country flag BlueSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
Yes, the assumption is that Nadal wins both Madrid and RG. If he doesn't then things looks a LOT easier for Roger!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #265
country flag wackykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
from the very starting of this thread is about mathematically how close federer will get the record so it means to assume that his opponents win everything possible... so the thread is NOT about judging on how probable federer can get the record... it's meant to guide other readers to form their own judgement...

and with the maths as guide and talking about tennis... it's nadal on clay so it's not far fetched at all for him to win everything... but if you replace nadal with someone else it's not quite the same... that's why maths can only show the figures and not tell the whole story...

regards,
wacky
Old 05-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #266
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

GOD Please Bless Roger play his Best tennis today!!

ALLEZZZZZZZZZ Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #267
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

Roger leads 9-0 against ferrer......
Pleaseeeee Roger , one more time....this is very crucial match for this record !!!!
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #268
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Well now that Nadal is indeed in the Madrid final, it's pretty much CRUCIAL that Roger gets there as well. Best of luck!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #269
country flag BlueSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Well now that Nadal is indeed in the Madrid final, it's pretty much CRUCIAL that Roger gets there as well. Best of luck!
Yes. For a very short while today it looked like Almugro just might do the unthinkable, but that was obviously not meant to be.

If Roger makes the final, then he can make do with an RG SF if Rafa wins both events.

If Roger loses tonight, he has to reach the RG final if Rafa wins both events.

If Roger wins tonight AND beats Rafa in the Final, the deal is done.

BTW, I like Rafa, but these days I hope that he loses everytime he steps on court.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #270
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

His win today means that yep assuming Rafa wins them both all he needs to do is get to the semis at RG! I was expecting to lose all hope of him breaking the record before this tournament so well done Fed whatever happens tomorrow
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote