Early Hardcourt Season 2010 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #46
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early Hardcourt Season 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
Maybe he should see a doctor or something, he seems to get tired like that a lot, and for apparently no reason?
Maybe a problem with his training session I watched the second set this evening and i was wondering whta he did before the match he looks so tired It's not a very good start this year maybe he waits the clay
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #47
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

It's just his usual show, it's been like that since the beginning of the year.
I'm so sick of his histrionics.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #48
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Yes maybe i don't watch so many of his matches this year but he plays more poorly than his usual days his stats against his second serve are ridiculous tonight Well with Gael we know that a week he can be great and then plays like a normal top 50 but since 2010 has started he's not very exciting.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #49
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I find hard to say anything about his game when he only puts effort into his acting performance (apart from last week, in Rotterdam he was playing normally and was beaten fair and square).
I was expecting him to lose to Julien even if he had tried tonight, I'm really not mad because of the result. But his effort was just so appalling again.

He has a serve issue, he hits a lot of df, that's all I can say about his tennis atm.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #50
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
he only puts effort into his acting performance
It's gael still tough to understand what's happen in his mind to know if he's really injured or if he's really tired. I hope Roger will be back for the US tournaments it could help.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:54 AM   #51
country flag Otennis

Otennis is on a distinguished road

Seriously watching Gael play is torch scotcher I am bailing out already at 23..can't tell what he needs to win matches and I doubt he knows!!

Sandie Kays
Creating Super Tennis Mindset
Otennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #52
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otennis View Post
Seriously watching Gael play is torch scotcher I am bailing out already at 23..can't tell what he needs to win matches and I doubt he knows!!
What does that mean? It's not in my dictionary, I'm lost.

He said yesterday that Rasheed is feeling better and will be back in Indian Wells.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #53
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I think it might be a variation on torture
But then the beauty of Gael is to expect the unexpected, he's just as likely to suddenly start knocking seven bells out of his opponent as he is to lose interest!

He seemed to be playing to a lady in the crowd in his R2 match, maybe he was distracted

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #54
country flag Truc

It's funny you say that, I always have the feeling that the new gf sitting in the stands all the time explains for a big part his on court behaviour since the beginning of the year.

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #55
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

well if he lets that affect his game to this extent losing is what he deserves. I really thought he was being more professional at the end of last year.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #56
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

I think we need to accept that Gaël is never going to behave like a normal player He's not a 18 yo up-and-comer anymore, and since he hasn't changed for a bit, he's not going to in the years he has left. Since the beginning he's been something of a free electron (?), not fitting in any category, surprising everyone by producing the best or the worst when less expected.

It's also part of his "charm", his tanks and childish way to act on the court at time and everything, even if it makes us crazy. But the day he stops having fun, he'll stop playing tennis. I mean, whatever works for him is fine with me. So I'm okay with his "let's be stupid" periods as long as he provides us with great stuff when needed. In Roland for example (or next week in DC )

Last edited by Keijan : 02-20-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #57
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
well if he lets that affect his game to this extent losing is what he deserves. I really thought he was being more professional at the end of last year.
It's just my "theory", though, nobody else seems to think so (that's why I was so happy to see Lesley mention a lady).
The more common explanation is that Rasheed isn't there to make him work hard and to give him a dressing down when he acts like an idiot.
I think it's a mix of both.

Whatever the reason is, losing definitely is what he deserves atm, but it doesn't seem to bother him a lot. When you read his pressers after Johannesburg or here in Marseille, he makes it sound like he's pretty pleased with his effort! "Nothing to be ashamed of", "I gave my best effort", blablabla.

Last edited by Truc : 02-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #58
country flag Truc

I don't find it "charming" in any way.
I find his tanking absolutely unacceptable. People pay to watch that.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #59
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I've had the impression before with Gael that he's showing off to one person in the crowd but that match was the first time I was confident I had identified "the person" He was constantly looking up to where she was. It was quite sweet actually

edit - you're totally right Fran, it's not professional but it did make me smile

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #60
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm... but what would you prefer, a player who doesn't achieve anything but is regular all year and has a perfect attitude in all his matches, or a player who has high ups and very low downs but is likely to win something big ? I mean, it's the fact that he's so unpredictable and annoying at times that allows him to come out with a Bercy final or a Roland semi.

For myself I think it's not that bad that he tanks in Joburg or Marseille because those tournaments aren't that important for a player of his caliber. At the end of the careers there isn't much difference between the player who won 2 small tournaments and the one who won 6. You look at the grand slams. I don't mean it doesn't make me angry, and of course I want him to give his best in every tournaments and only lose when fighting, but he doesn't work like that.

-of course, the problem is for the people who pay to watch him tanking. Hey, I was dying watching him getting crushed by De Bakker in Maastricht I wanted to hit him on the head, alright. But I'm not even sure he does consciously.

Last edited by Keijan : 02-20-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote