Early Harcourt Season 2010 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #76
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early Harcourt Season 2010

Mmmm, I'm getting really curious to find out why they're not such good friends anymore.
When I read that everyone knows Mika is crazy, I thought it might be possible he pulled a really bad prank that Arnaud didn't find funny at all. And that the thing in doubles just made a little thing bigger, because he was already annoyed by that decision. I also don't understand why Mika doesn't play doubles with Arnaud anymore, but since I've seen him play with Bennet and now in these little clips with Mahut, I think he should join their 'club'. They're both so cute with Arnaud. And if Seb joins them too, I'll melt.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #77
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

No info in l'Equipe today (they talked about mika's new coach...Rémi Barbarin lol)
Only his fans seem to be interested by the story... lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #78
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Arno on center court tomorrow at 2.00 pm local time, the doubles surely on wednesday.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #79
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
No info in l'Equipe today (they talked about mika's new coach...Rémi Barbarin lol)
Only his fans seem to be interested by the story... lol
Really?
Didn't even know he still existed.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #80
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Barbarin still exist He was fired from Lagardere last year like many others and Mika just give him a new job before he come back to university in september.

Today 2-6/4-6, I follow the beginning and the last games. He didn't play very poorly that's just there is many divisons between both guys. Very funny was the topspin of Marin's serve which was so high almost at the head of arno The powerful of Marin's groundstock, the accelaration he gives to the ball are too much for Arno. More battle in second set in the games i saw as arno made indeed a good last game with 40-00 up on Marin's serve but Marin hit big serves to saves them and close the match. Well arno seems frustrated and with no pleasure on court but he has not the weapons against that top players. I don't find his game so poor as it could have been some days but he has not the level for those contest.

After losing the points of Dubai and the points of Cherbourg he will be around the #90 it means that for him the clay season will be mainly qualies. The break of days before IW must help him to refresh his mind to find the desire to battle well that's i hope

Still the doubles before the end of that thread which have seen no wins in single
Attached Images
File Type: jpg set1 dubai.jpg (17.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg set2 dubai.jpg (17.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by soulage : 02-23-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #81
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the report.

to think he'll have to struggle with qualies on clay... let's hope we'll be surprised. maybe he'll be more motivated if he wants to avoid qualies like last autumn.

without new zealand, there have been no wins in singles this year at all.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #82
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

here's the doubles match at dubai:

[WC] R Bopanna (IND) / A Qureshi (PAK) vs A Clement (FRA) / R Lindstedt (SWE)
Old 02-25-2010, 03:42 AM   #83
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

A Clement (FRA) / R Lindstedt (SWE) def [WC] R Bopanna (IND) / A Qureshi (PAK) 57 76(5) 10-8

Next round (today): [2] L Dlouhy (CZE) / L Paes (IND) vs A Clement (FRA) / R Lindstedt (SWE)

A rough translation of Arnaud's partner's latest blog entry, the part about the match (I really like reading this guy And this guy apparently really likes playing with Arnaud And Soulage and Marine were right, they speak to each other in English ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lindstedt
"Damn I was so horrible today. I couldn't believe that I was able to play as badly as I did. In Marseille I played really good! Now it felt like I couldn't take a single ball. Fortunately I served much better. But I have to say that the feelings I got in my body were really strange. Panic! It clearly looks like 1 day preparation isn't enough. From playing indoor to playing outdoor under lights: 6 hours trip, 3 hours of time difference, and dry desert air." Then he explains that in deserted areas - like Dubai or Indian Wells, the air is like a little bit thinner, so the ball goes longer. "So I was feeling really insecure, and every ball I played went too long. Any excuses? Well, not really. So Arnaud was playing alone against 3 opponents today. And he was doing like everything was just fine. I had to apologize a lot actually. And I was telling myself again and again: “Find a way! Find a way! Find a way! Find a way!”. Don't know why it was in English in my head, probably because I speak to Arnaud in English. But it had become my manta for this match. Though at 2-2 in the second set I was like "Dear God, how long is there left, will the suffering be over soon?" But despite that feeling I tried to convince myself that things could improve. And I actually started playing better and better. Though some of my decisions were not so normal. Like when hitting a drop-shot right at the opponent staying at the net on the other side of the court. But the drop-shot was just great and he couldn't really take it. Arnaud stared at me and started laughing. "You just hit a dead drop-shot at the guy at the net!!!??? I've never seen this before" said him. "Neither did I" I replied...

They were up 7-6, 5-3 and were on serve. And somehow we (read Arnaud) managed to come back and win the match. In the end luckily I was actually playing quite ok. Nice to have a guy who is able to fight on his own and wait until I manage to put my things together. It'll be a tough match tomorrow and I asked Arnaud to have an extra practice with me tomorrow, so we'll have at least an hour practice before the match. I feel it should be better this way. An extra warm up to help the body to wake up. Hell come on! Vicht!!!!!! The thing that we won 7 points LESS and anyway took the victory says a lot..."

Nicolas Devilder

Last edited by Hangdog : 02-25-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:24 AM   #84
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
A Clement (FRA) / R Lindstedt (SWE) def [WC] R Bopanna (IND) / A Qureshi (PAK) 57 76(5) 10-8

Next round (today): [2] L Dlouhy (CZE) / L Paes (IND) vs A Clement (FRA) / R Lindstedt (SWE)

A rough translation of Arnaud's partner's latest blog entry, the part about the match (I really like reading this guy And this guy apparently really likes playing with Arnaud And Soulage and Marine were right, they speak to each other in English ):
gosh this guy's blog is good... arno really should learn something from him (even though he's carrying him through the match )

again arno's english is surprising, he even managed to joke in english

good luck for the next match cos it sounds like they'll need it... anyway look forward to another blog entry
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #85
country flag soulage

It seems thay have been really lucky and the way Robert describes the match is really funny And that's true that's surprising to see arno joking in english but at least it shows how he improves Well Dlouhy/Paes are a bit better they will have to be awake and to play really well
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #86
country flag Kezzi

Quote:

I love this blog! Thanks so much for the translation.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #87
country flag soulage

They lost with a 1/10 on BP, it shows that's on key points against big teams you need to have some automatism. Arno should now have a break before comming back on courts even if the director of Cherbourg seems keeping a WC for Arnaud.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #88
country flag soulage

There is a new entry on his blog but the google translation is not very good. It seems they have started well with nearly a double break but after that Dlouhy Paes has cruised.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #89
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I didn't expect him coming back after the match he lost, sitting down with his laptop and writing a new blog entry! At least that's surely the last thing Arnaud would do I'm becoming a fan of this guy, kom igjen Robert
A pity that they lost, but it's right, they need to play more together to acquire automatic reflexes.

Maybe I'll be a little bit better than Google:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lindstedt
"It didn't work today. That smooth run we had yesterday - our opponents had it now. 4-1 and 15-40 to double break. Instead we got broken back from 40-0 and lost the set on a tie-break. Then they pulled away. And it was 36 degrees in the shadow, so rather different conditions again. But I played much better today, and the additional practice with Arnaud in the morning helped. It was so hot that the practice with Arnaud - who was running around like a scalded cat for every yellow thing that was coming to his side of the court - was rather tiring. But that was exactly what I was looking for. To make my body to step over the threshold, so to say. We didn't win this time, but the game was like night and day." Then he talks about the Davis Cup, his next tournament, this part is not very interesting.
"Yesterday at the match I got that thought and was about to pull a Niklas Kulti. According to legend, if Niklas didn't play his match well, he would kneel down after a lost point, raise up his hands with the racquet over his head, and throw it to the ground as an axe screaming "I'm the worst on the court! Agaiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!" He is so good, this Nicke!

Besides Dubai is an awfully good tournament. It was voted the best ATP500 last year. Hotels we live in are incredible. The club is just great, with a gym and a pool. Feels like a little holiday with some tennis. Though as usual you don't have time for relaxation or tourism. So actually it's not quite a holiday. In the morning there is a line of cars outside the hotel so you can just jump in and go to the tennis club. I like that. Good food, you can have a lunch and a dinner at the club if you want. Anyway it seems that in Dubai they haven't run out of money."

Nicolas Devilder

Last edited by Hangdog : 02-26-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #90
country flag soulage

Quote:
Maybe I'll be a little bit better than Google:
You are

Crazy Arnaud called the tournament director of Cherbourg for the WC this morning http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin...bno_filDMA.Htm He's not in good dispostion mentally so it's maybe not a good idea cos he could lost against a guy in first round that's would not help his confidence and more crazy is that he plays all the week since the start of the year Then there is IW and he entered Sunrise for the second week and then Miami and then Casablanca OK he lost early but since one month but he seems burn out mentally since few weeks. I can't remember the last time he took holidays