Early Harcourt Season 2010 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early Harcourt Season 2010

Arnaud uses to play his worse game when his fans are there... his own way to thank them of their support ??

No news of kezzi and catchie... I fear the worse !!!!! I just hope they will...forgive him (lol)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #32
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Just a very quick update, because I'm really tired. Just finished answering emails after I got back.
Arnaud wasn't rude, but we didn't go up to him today. But after the first loss, he even signed a few autographs for the kids. He was very distracted by all the noise from kids day. The show-courts aren't directly next to court 1, but you can hear about everything. Berrer and Arnaud both didn't play very well, Berrer had more luck with the timing of his points. And he hits very hard, so it was hard for Arnaud to get the ball back. Arnaud also took some risks on important points by coming to the net. It worked well a few times, but unfortunately that was not enough.
For doubles, they played well together at first. I really liked it, cause it seemed like they were more adjusted to each other than Ram & Llodra. And they are so cute together. At one consultation before Julien's serve, Arnaud stood in front of him and Julien almost put his head on Arnaud's shoulder to be able to whisper the tactic in his ear. I didn't have my camera ready, but that was just . At the end of the 2nd set, Julien started to hit the ball in the net a few times and then Llodra & Ram profited from that. Also in the super TB. To me it seemed like they both (and especially Julien) couldn't get the ball back over the net anymore.
But I still think they should play doubles more often. And that Arnaud shouldn't play on kids day anymore. All this noise, kids not staying seated during the match, people using flash (!), etc... It gets too much on his nerves
He was already frustrated in training, so maybe that also had something to do with it? Julien also wasn't walking around the courts in the days before as a ray of sunshine.

And he probably didn't see the owl from 'De Fabeltjeskrant'(Le petit echo de la Forêt in French according to google) walking around. That might have cheered him up a little.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #33
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh another bad day, and not even the doubles could save him

kezzi must have been too to notice how irritated he was

oh well he'll be returning to france, where he enjoys more, and maybe breaks his duck of first round losses.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't too to notice he learned Julien his glare of doom. He also started to look at the audience with this look before he served.
In his single he was also ssh-ing people and telling them they couldn't grab into plastic bags, cause he could hear it.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #35
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

I blame kids day I wonder why they did that to him

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #36
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Arno should play on court without crowd lol. He says in lequipe that he was too tense to win the important points and that's true cos accordding the stats he won more points than Berrer but it was not the crucial points. Berrer should be tired vs Bennet today that's a good thing.

For Marseille let's hope a good draw and less tension and i'm wondering with whom he will play doubles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rotterdam.jpg (11.6 KB, 12 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #37
country flag Kezzi

He did say after training that he was nervous, but we didn't ask why and couldn't imagine it was for this match.

And I'll spare you guys the excessive version of my rant about the crowd this year, but I agree with Arnaud's behavior. He didn't even behave badly to the ballkids as usual, there were about 2-3 incidents with them not throwing the ball like he wanted. And he was nice to a smart ballkid who got his towel to him before he even asked.
It just seems like every year, the people get more annoying as if they don't know how to behave at a tournament anymore. At the singles match there were also a few haters again like in Rosmalen, cheering extra loud at his faults, etc.
And it's not just Arnaud anymore, a lot of players tried to avoid the kids after practice and some even said that the security didn't do their job well, cause some kids walked onto the training courts during practice to ask for a ball!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #38
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
kezzi must have been too to notice how irritated he was
Good idea actually to abstract away from Arnaud's antics and concentrate on how cute he is

Thanks for the reports, Eliane! Looks like you had a good time despite Arnaud's not best mood and his losses And I'm glad to hear that he and Micka still happen to have fun together.

So the next stop is Marseille? I've checked the stats out of interest because I've got a feeling that Arnaud has always been playing well there, and the numbers say that he lost there in the first round only twice, in 2007 and 2008, and both times it was a logical loss as he faced a Top 20 player.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #39
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

The last year he beat safin then lost to an unknown player(don't remember the name), and won the title in double. No chance this year (merci micka )

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #40
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He draws Seppi and if i remember well Seppi has already punished Arno few years ago in indoors in Metz. It could have been worst but if he's nervous he could lost against anybody.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #41
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Well, looking at that draw I believe Seppi is one of the best opponents he could get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
The last year he beat safin then lost to an unknown player(don't remember the name)
These days being an unknown player often doesn't mean be ranked/play worse than Arnaud

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

so far almost all the good draws he gets, he gets nervous and loses anyway. maybe he needs a bad draw (blake anyone? )

well this is france, i hope again the location is important.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #43
country flag soulage

Marseille is not enough to help him he lost first set 6-7 while he has been two times a break up during the set. He's not playing well and serve quite poorly. Seppi is not playing well either making many DF ad UE but Arno is not good enough to take that. It's clearly a set he should have won but he's not able to doing the things properly. Well losing this it's really really bad and Seppi has started to play better since the end of second set while arno is playing more poorly than in the past weeks that's not nice to watch especially when you know the end.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #44
country flag Kezzi

I'm watching too, these tiebreaks are torture after the one I saw at Rotterdam.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #45
country flag soulage

Lost second set 5-7 he came back from 0-3 down having a BP to lead 4-3. Generally he served quite badly his volleys was not very good and i think he was not moving well a bit late on the balls and many poor shots in the net. The level of his game was too low for a ATP tour level match.

He can go to Dubai or everywhere he wants but at this level there is no a lot players you can beat . After this 4 first round exit and the fifth since start of the year the confidence must be six feet under and he can't blame bad draw as he had some winnable opponents. After an early exit in Dubai he shoul have 10 days to work before for the US hardcout season as the indoors season has been awful with very bad matches.

Bruno was there also i capture him in the coach box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coach.jpg (44.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg coach2.jpg (36.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by soulage : 02-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.