Do you Actually Win Anything - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 AM   #31
country flag gusavo

gusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Actually Win Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
You must be crap then.
its sick hard to make a thin edge
gusavo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #32
country flag Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Dude View Post

If I didn't win I would quit straight away no way I would go to work and hand my hard won cash to a bookie!
Agree with you on this one.

If u don't see yourself making progress,why should you bother then.

Everything can be done,if your level of dedication is high enough.Not anyone can do it tough,but its the same as in every other life aspect.

And 3% of people are living out of it,so yea...it can be done

Paul-Henri Mathieu
Johnny_Bravo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:49 AM   #33
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone is supplimented by fools paying for tips

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #34
country flag Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Not everyone is supplimented by fools paying for tips
My betting started way back before that,but yea it's always a plus to have something from aside

Paul-Henri Mathieu
Johnny_Bravo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #35
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

Way up after the darts
Old 05-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #36
country flag Nabster

Nabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond reputeNabster has a reputation beyond repute

I have made an modest sum of money in the last three years.

As others have noted, there are many nuances one has to account for. I deal ONLY in tennis, since the area of betting an individual indulges in, should be something the better is an expert upon. You need to watch and the sport a ton, and BE PATIENT. And Live betting is the way to go when it comes to tennis. Tennis is largely about CONDITIONS, and how the players react to these conditions. The only way to assess this is to engage in, IN PLAY BETTING. Be patient, and you'll find some great bets from time to time. But being patient can be extremely difficult for a gambler.

And the most important thing is value betting. Too many people simply bet on the who they think will win, without enough consideration of the odds. You will always lose if you do this. Always.

Never bet on a collapsed time frame, meaning a single set, single game, or a quarter or half of a basketball game or football match. Collapsed time frames mean greater volatiltiy and risk of losing. ALMOST never parlay bet. Parlay betting is a failing tactic.

The BIGGEST problem a gambler will encounter, assuming he has a good betting system, is sticking to the system. Everything that happens to a gambler will want to make him break his system of rules, whether irs a losing streak or a winning streak. When one loses they are tempted to engage in riskier bets to retrieve loses, I find this to be THE SINGLE biggest pitfall for gamblers.

This is my problem, sticking to my system. I make money when I do, and I just don't KNOW WHY, but I will break my system from time to time. It's inevitable, usually when I've been on a winning streak. And IT'S unbelievable, how consistently I lose when I DO NOT stick to my system, at least lately.

Last edited by Nabster : 05-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Nabster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #37
country flag Nearco

Nearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond reputeNearco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabster View Post
As others have noted, there are many nuances one has to account for. I deal ONLY in tennis, since the area of betting an individual indulges in, should be something the better is an expert upon. You need to watch and the sport a ton, and BE PATIENT.

And the most important thing is value betting. Too many people simply bet on the who they think will win, without enough consideration of the odds. You will always lose if you do this. Always.
Excellent points. My area of expertise is Horse Racing. But really, the points you make here apply equally to all gamblers no matter the sport.

I think it's possible for anyone to become an expert in a particular sport if you watch it enough but acquiring the discipline and staking know how takes far longer.
Nearco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #38
country flag Swordfish

Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
true, just try to fix a match and then play with the spoils.
No, gambling is an addiction and does not pay, if it was so easy to maintain your discipline punters would make money and not the bookies.

You can be the best tipster in the world, have 10 fantastic calls in a row, just one bad call will ruin everything.
I agree with nastoff here, Tennis betting was profitable till 2009, After that the virus of fixing which how much we try not to discuss has crept in big time in the sport of tennis, There are hardly any matches being played on merit and the worst part is even the top ranked players are involved in this, From the Media to the tournament managements to the tennis association, all are aware of this but none can do much about it as it can't be proved if a player has actually fixed a match (Ex. Davydenko Vs Arugello and others).

Now in this scenario, we the punters, when placing a bet, rely on the form, fitness, surface and stats of the players, The result, the player who can beat the opponent easily goes down to lose, Some punters, do win as well, When they win they get a euphoria in mind which can be described as a kick, wherein the punters feel they are on the top of the world, Then the punters goes on to place bets on the other matches... As said above, matches are decided pre hand, He loses a bet which is certain to come in, There comes the downer in the brain of the punter.

Now the punter feels like pulling his hair out for losing the bet, he places another bet, probably wins on that, again he gets a kick in the mind then he goes to the next bet, plays big, goes on to lose big time, again comes a downer in the mind... In all this process, there are only 3 % of the punters who somehow knows the result before hand make some money, all the others are simply wasting their time, energy, effort and draining their banks....
Swordfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #39
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention developing doubt as to whether a game is played based on merit or not...this will mess up the mindset of the punter even if the match is not fixed at all.
I ended up losing quite a lot with gambling over the years due to my lack of discipline, now I can finally say that I'm done with the damned thing and it's behind me at last. I still place the odd bet on some big crucial matches but it's a lot different than sitting in front of a computer all day watching a tiny screen and trying to guess the outcome in such a seesaw sport.
I don't like the way this decadent activity makes me feel nor the way it messes with my head, so I'm now only a social, circumstantial gambler...needless to say I've improved myself in every other aspect of my life.

In my experience you can make a marginal profit with gambling if you're a very focused and disciplined individual but you'd really be putting too much effort for too little gain...you can instead use your faculties in something much more productive eg. investments.
If, on the other hand, you're a compulsive, arbitrary gambler who bets only for the sake of betting, the danger of financial catastrophe is great, if not a given. You'd be putting yourself against sharks out there.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #40
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabster View Post
I have made an modest sum of money in the last three years.

As others have noted, there are many nuances one has to account for. I deal ONLY in tennis, since the area of betting an individual indulges in, should be something the better is an expert upon. You need to watch and the sport a ton, and BE PATIENT. And Live betting is the way to go when it comes to tennis. Tennis is largely about CONDITIONS, and how the players react to these conditions. The only way to assess this is to engage in, IN PLAY BETTING. Be patient, and you'll find some great bets from time to time. But being patient can be extremely difficult for a gambler.

Never bet on a collapsed time frame, meaning a single set, single game, or a quarter or half of a basketball game or football match. Collapsed time frames mean greater volatiltiy and risk of losing. ALMOST never parlay bet. Parlay betting is a failing tactic.

The BIGGEST problem a gambler will encounter, assuming he has a good betting system, is sticking to the system. Everything that happens to a gambler will want to make him break his system of rules, whether irs a losing streak or a winning streak. When one loses they are tempted to engage in riskier bets to retrieve loses, I find this to be THE SINGLE biggest pitfall for gamblers.

This is my problem, sticking to my system. I make money when I do, and I just don't KNOW WHY, but I will break my system from time to time. It's inevitable, usually when I've been on a winning streak. And IT'S unbelievable, how consistently I lose when I DO NOT stick to my system, at least lately.
Again, too much effort for too little gain, value bets do exist but we're also dealing with the bookies commission, the constant change of the odds, ie mind games pre-match that make you wonder if your initial pick has been correct or if something happened, crazy fluctuations during the match that can make you lose your discipline and swing to the other side etc. etc.
The sport of tennis is very volatile, it depends upon ONE individual and if that one individual is not 100% ready mentally or physically then the game is not played in equal terms.
Then the mindset of the loser is ALWAYS to bet more to cover the losses and the more you lose the more impatient you become, the more you lose focus. Humans are very prone to mistakes when they're under pressure and the gambling sharks are there to exploit every one of your human weaknesses. At the end of the day you will be working overtime to avoid the worst while they can take your money without lifting a finger. It is a very unfair system I'm afraid.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #41
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

I am a shark.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote