•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.25 - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #676
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.25

Eastern Asian tall, strong men are usually taken to other sports like football or basketball and they as a whole aren't very tall or very strong and in today's powergame they need to be both, there are sports like badminton that are far more popular

There is a reason why the only good Asian players have come from India and not from sports powerhouses like China or Corea

Dr Jules
Told you, your boy has a big shot of winning this thing

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #677
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

but over 1 billion and nobody has enough tennis skill to even be top 100?

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #678
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I know CD, but he still has two big roadblocks ahead of him: Tsonga and either Murray/Cilic

Of course the moronic haters (because there aren't intelligent ones, you can dislike but hate is just the work of an inferior mind) will say that he got the easiest draw ever and that everyone else on tour is a choker, a loser, etc

I can't say I'm satisfied with Roger's performance but since Rafa is out, I would like him to claim his 16th Slam

just why do you have to worry about what people have to say at the asylum (GM) and other places at mtf. numbers speak a universal language and nobody argues with the numbers. the history will record 16 or 17 slams. that is enough. its a record that is likely to stand forever.

the folks at the castle understand the numbers. people here are reasonable and objective. those who are not eventually become reasonable and objective or they go hang out at the asylum.

now the question about the level of competition is a legitimate subject for debate and discussion. some say the 70`s and the 80`s produced the toughest competition while others may side with the 90`s.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #679
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
but over 1 billion and nobody has enough tennis skill to even be top 100?
it confounds me as well. chinese have been relatively dominant in olympic games and yet have very few good male tennis players. they clearly produce great athletes.

same can be said for india where the population has to be exceeding well over 1 billion. and what about japan?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #680
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

there are two sides of the whole "weak era" argument:

1. the depth of tennis isn't good enough and is an era filled with chokers and clowns, don't give Roger and Rafa the credit

2. Roger and Rafa are superb champs and have been incredibly consistent and strong during their peaks, the rest try to catch up but cannot get any closer to them

It's up to you to chose which one, for me it is 2, I saw the Wimbledon 96 final and I don't think that was any better than any regular match, it's just a matter of perspective

Tennis is not an statistic sport, of course having good tennis programs like in Spain or France help, but look at Switzerland or Sweden: small countries who produced two of the biggest champions in the history of the game (Federer and Borg) without any real program

India has great doubles players: Bhupati and Paes

Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #681
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eastern Asian tall, strong men are usually taken to other sports like football or basketball and they as a whole aren't very tall or very strong and in today's powergame they need to be both, there are sports like badminton that are far more popular

There is a reason why the only good Asian players have come from India and not from sports powerhouses like China or Corea

Dr Jules
Told you, your boy has a big shot of winning this thing
With Djokovic out Murray has a winning head to head with all players remaining; Cilic 3-1, Federer 6-4 and Tsonga 2-1.

Federer again exhibited immense mental and personality qualities today. It is becoming a habit; Berdych from 2-0 sets AO 2009, Haas 2-0 sets FO 2009, Del Potro 2-1 sets FO 2009 being outplayed and Roddick nearly 2-0 down and now today.

Davydenko is confused:

Q. You had your opportunities. It was a great game. Where did you miss out? Why didn't you take your chances?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Again, again, again, like the same what was happen last time in Grand Slam. Have chance and I didn't realize, and I lost.

Today, I don't know, it was complete different. I have good confidence in beginning and play well first set. Second set, I have so many chance to win, make breakpoints. I think it's just one game. I don't know what's happened there, like after 3‑1 in the second set.

I can win this game, and for sure after this one, if I be 4‑1, I have chance to win, like 99% chance win second set. But change something, 3‑2, and I lost then everything. Just I cannot come back losing so many games. Like up 6‑3, 6‑0, and, you know, already 1‑All, and really I don't know what's can happen.

Like say matches, okay, five‑set matches. But it's was already was in the second set. I lost second and third set, and so easy. I cannot explain yet what's happen.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...588364187.html

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 23 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 4 Year End Masters, 20 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #682
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all! So it seems everyone here is predicting a Fed/Andy final. I think so too. Along with Serena/Justine (). I can't believe Vika choked that match away last night... There is really no one left on either side that I like so I guess I will just watch the last matches from a completely neutral standpoint. Might be better that way!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #683
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Amanda
the Vika choke was SHAMEFUL, she was 4-0 up in the second set FFS *facepalm*

Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #684
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there are two sides of the whole "weak era" argument:

1. the depth of tennis isn't good enough and is an era filled with chokers and clowns, don't give Roger and Rafa the credit

2. Roger and Rafa are superb champs and have been incredibly consistent and strong during their peaks, the rest try to catch up but cannot get any closer to them

It's up to you to chose which one, for me it is 2, I saw the Wimbledon 96 final and I don't think that was any better than any regular match, it's just a matter of perspective

Tennis is not an statistic sport, of course having good tennis programs like in Spain or France help, but look at Switzerland or Sweden: small countries who produced two of the biggest champions in the history of the game (Federer and Borg) without any real program

India has great doubles players: Bhupati and Paes
Or a combination of 1 and 2.

For depth always felt 80's was toughest decade; Borg, Connors, McEnroe, Lendl, Wilander, Becker, Edberg (yes 7 exceptional players).

Sampras and Federer benefited from slightly weaker eras, but that is why they could accumulate so many titles.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #685
country flag miura

miura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
so what of the lack of Chinese men players. It's odd

and Miura, we are in the world cup aren't we? Norway is not
So? The Winter Olympics is what we're focusing on. Algeria is a shit soccer team anyway. We've got a better record than those mugs in the WC.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #686
country flag DrJules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Hi all! So it seems everyone here is predicting a Fed/Andy final. I think so too. Along with Serena/Justine (). I can't believe Vika choked that match away last night... There is really no one left on either side that I like so I guess I will just watch the last matches from a completely neutral standpoint. Might be better that way!
More enjoyable and less stressful.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #687
country flag DrJules

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura View Post
So? The Winter Olympics is what we're focusing on. Algeria is a shit soccer team anyway. We've got a better record than those mugs in the WC.
Do Norway think they can top the Winter Olympics medal table this year.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #688
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post

hello there. even my dad called from baton rouge and demanded an explanation for azarenka`s choking episode. he was pissed.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #689
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Or a combination of 1 and 2.

For depth always felt 80's was toughest decade; Borg, Connors, McEnroe, Lendl, Wilander, Becker, Edberg (yes 7 exceptional players).

Sampras and Federer benefited from slightly weaker eras, but that is why they could accumulate so many titles.
you might be right, but there is a reason why them both won a LOT and the others didn't, they are both remarkable champions and would have done well in any era

Edberg and Borg never really overlapped, it was first Borg/Mac/Connors, then Lendl came into the pic and finally Wilander/Becker/Edberg in the late 80's

Sweden was in the 80's like Spain is today, the depth was very good

Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #690
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura View Post
world cup > winter olympics

says 90% of the world

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread