•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.25 - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #631
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura View Post
Hehe, I've only visisted TW for the use of reading feedback on racquets and other equipments. Even in that forum there are some pretty loony guys.
lol there are, but I think the forum has gotten much more lighthearted, or maybe I've just learned not to overreact to every little thing.
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #632
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Jooooooooo

Federer
Gretchen. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #633

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen. View Post
OMG Jooooooooo

Federer
jen I guess nole loves his no.3 ranking so much *sigh* He best hope that muzza doesn't win it.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #634
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ush sorry about Nole, just read that he was sick Noo Muzz won't win! I refuse to see that happen!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #635

Quote:
Hey Ush sorry about Nole, just read that he was sick Noo Muzz won't win! I refuse to see that happen!
would this be wierd if I wanted murray to win over fed? I don't know why, but some part of me wants fed to lose in the final. I think to avoid comments about more weak draws, weak era, and choking opponents and I do believe that murray deserves it. something is seriously wrong with me.

I'm actually proud of nole for sticking it out. Despite being ill, he was hitting some nice shots. Hope he gets better soon.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #636
country flag Gretchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
would this be wierd if I wanted murray to win over fed? I don't know why, but some part of me wants fed to lose in the final. I think to avoid comments about more weak draws, weak era, and choking opponents and I do believe that murray deserves it. something is seriously wrong with me.
Oh no, you've gone to the dark side.
And do you think that Jo doesn't have a chance against Fed?

Quote:
I'm actually proud of nole for sticking it out. Despite being ill, he was hitting some nice shots. Hope he gets better soon.
That's good! I wanted to see that match but I really needed to get some sleep.
Will definitely stay up for Justine's match tonight though.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #637
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i think we could see a fed vs murray final. in that scenario, it becomes a tall order for murray if fed was to play like he did against davy. fed just completely took over the match after davy refused to take advantage of what he had going in the 2nd set.

he had a chance to go up a double break and he stared thinking about it too much. folded like a cheap walmart tent after that. he also failed to make any adjustments. fed would go on to win 27 of the next 31 points as davy looked like a fish out of water.

also fed is too good for him. its just that simple. i agree with the gretchenator. i dont see how murray can win this.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #638

oh lol, um yeah jo totally has a chance. he did well to get montreal. although i don't think fed will blow such a big lead.

tbh, now that fed has won everything, it's not as much fun seeing him win. It's a joy to see him play, just i don't get anything from seeing him win.

tbh I liked it much better when he was doing the chasing, not being chased. USO 2008 was one of my favorite tournaments. He came there playing some of his worst hard court tennis, losing his beloved wimbly, being thrashed by rafa in FO, lost to fish that year, blake for ffs, etc and then won, playing a really great final. Same with FO 2009, which I guess he can thank soderling for taking out rafa, but no one thought he would win. I miss those moments. Now its just meh. Atleast now I have a chance to root for my other favorites.

you fancy cilic's chances against muzza?
Old 01-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #639
country flag Gretchen.

I'm kinda worried about Jo's stamina, you know how far he can go with Fed, but I think he has a pretty good chance at pushing him to 4-5 sets and maybe even winning.

See this is why I can't be a Fed fan because he's won everything, because it is so annoying, I admit I did enjoy watching him in the 08 US Open, that match against Andreev he showed real emotion and fight it was nice to see from the robot.

Cilic eeeeh I don't really think he has a shot, Muzza has been playing real good solid tennis and he can get 90% of the serves back in play so I don't really see Cilic bothering Muzza in a big way, probably a 3 or 4 setter there.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #640

Quote:
I'm kinda worried about Jo's stamina, you know how far he can go with Fed, but I think he has a pretty good chance at pushing him to 4-5 sets and maybe even winning.

See this is why I can't be a Fed fan because he's won everything, because it is so annoying, I admit I did enjoy watching him in the 08 US Open, that match against Andreev he showed real emotion and fight it was nice to see from the robot.

Cilic eeeeh I don't really think he has a shot, Muzza has been playing real good solid tennis and he can get 90% of the serves back in play so I don't really see Cilic bothering Muzza in a big way, probably a 3 or 4 setter there.
yup I think the uso 2008 and fo 2009 proved he has great mental strength. Im still recovering from heart attacks from that tourny. and I still secretly want fed to beat rafa at FO, although it will never happen, and saying it outloud contradicts the secret part.

well what did cilic do when he beat andy in the uso? i didn't see that match so I don't know if andy was playing badly or not.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #641
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

gretchen why did you cross out richie and lleyton in your sig?

tsonga is too inconsistent to cause any real problems for fed. he gets a set at best if fed plays like he usually does in these moments. it takes a bullet proof ground game to beat fed. on top of that, you have to serve well and return well.

this is why only nadal, djokovic, and d-pot have been able to beat fed at a slam. i am hoping murray can push him to 5 sets in the final and see what develops.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #642
country flag Gretchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
yup I think the uso 2008 and fo 2009 proved he has great mental strength. Im still recovering from heart attacks from that tourny. and I still secretly want fed to beat rafa at FO, although it will never happen, and saying it outloud contradicts the secret part.

well what did cilic do when he beat andy in the uso? i didn't see that match so I don't know if andy was playing badly or not.
Well you never know with Rafito, I just hope he's fit enough to play RG.

Andy was pretty bad in that match, his wrist seemed to be bothering him a lot and he was making poor choices, but if he plays like he has throughout this whole tournament I don't think Cilic can beat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
gretchen why did you cross out richie and lleyton in your sig?

tsonga is too inconsistent to cause any real problems for fed. he gets a set at best if fed plays like he usually does in these moments. it takes a bullet proof ground game to beat fed. on top of that, you have to serve well and return well.

this is why only nadal, djokovic, and d-pot have been able to beat fed at a slam. i am hoping murray can push him to 5 sets in the final and see what develops.
Oh I crossed em out cause I'm mad at them. FAILURES.

I think I'd fall asleep pretty fast if it was a Muzz-Fed Final Not something I am interested in seeing.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #643
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

what happened to Nole?

CD replying to your PM in a bit.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #644

Jen No worries, rafa will be fine. Although i heard he was playing rotterdam and barcelona. Tbh, I find it hard to have sympathy for him, when he plays unnecessary tournaments like these and then often complains about the schedule as well as the hard court season. Although barcelona is a clay tournament, but you know what I mean. I would have thought by now that he would have learned to adjust his schedule so he can play for a longer time. I can't help but feel that indirectly, part of the reason he gets injured aside from that fact he already has tendonitis, his style of play, is his "stupidity" when it comes to scheduling things. sorry for being harsh.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strunz View Post

what happened to Nole?

CD replying to your PM in a bit.
He had some stomach problems, threw up as well.