•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.25 - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #1501
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.25

Yes just came back from there, I do indeed have strep throat. Have to take lots of meds now and I will probably raise a fever later on today so am trying to get all my work done now, not going well.
Gretchen. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #1502
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Yuck Jen. Strep is terrible for an adult... Hope the meds help soon!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #1503
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Having doubts about a Federer victory.

The world does not end if Murray wins.
It might as well

We just have to wait and see, let the best man win

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #1504
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute

Yup much better to have it when you're a teen but I've already had it then too. Thanks though.
Gretchen. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #1505
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if Tsonga was injured as he claims not to have been although his performance was very weak:

Q. Were you fully fit tonight? You grabbed at your stomach a couple of times. Did your stomach give you problems?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no. I was just a bit more tired after the first set. And, yeah, it was tough to play against him today. He was really good, and that's it.

Q. Were you tired because of the previous two five‑setters you've had?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, of course. Yeah, because of my tournament, that's it.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #1506
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

No idea Dr Jules, though his post match interview was quite funny at times

Quote:
“Yeah, I learned maybe I have to play better. That's it.”
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga reveals what he’ll take home from his loss to Roger Federer in the Australian Open 2010 semi-finals.
Quote:
After going down to the Swiss maestro 6-2 6-3 6-2 at Rod Laver Arena, Tsonga said he was surprised by how well Federer played - and that if he plays like that on Sunday, nobody can beat him.
Quote:
“I don’t know. I don’t know,” was all Tsonga could offer. When asked if he had any advice for Murray, Tsonga had some simple words of wisdom: “Be ready to run”.
and Roger's...

Quote:

For Murray though, the pressure will be building. At every Grand Slam, Great Britain’s championship drought is dredged up and bandied about by players and media alike. And many are looking to Murray to end this barren run, something that Federer believes could be sitting heavily on the 22-year-old’s shoulders.

“That's the question he probably gets asked quite a bit. [i] wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit fed up by it. I think he's done really well, you know, handling the pressure and considering, you know, sort of the media in England is very strong. So I think he's done great, you know, under the pressure,” said Federer.

“I don't feel like the pressure's really on me having to do it again, because I did it before. I think he really needs it more than I do, you know. So I think the pressure's big on him.

“But we'll see how he's gonna handle it. It's not going to be easy for him, that's for sure.”
Quote:
And Federer knows that he will need to be at his best against an opponent who has beaten him more often than not – a rarity.

“He's consistent,” he says of Murray. “He's one of the best return players we have in the game. He's been able to improve many things in his game that make it harder today to beat him.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #1507
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anyone know if Tsonga was injured as he claims not to have been although his performance was very weak:

Q. Were you fully fit tonight? You grabbed at your stomach a couple of times. Did your stomach give you problems?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no. I was just a bit more tired after the first set. And, yeah, it was tough to play against him today. He was really good, and that's it.

Q. Were you tired because of the previous two five‑setters you've had?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, of course. Yeah, because of my tournament, that's it.
I think he could've catched the bug from Novak?

btw.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #1508
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

hey Noleta

Old 01-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #1509
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“I don't feel like the pressure's really on me having to do it again, because I did it before. I think he really needs it more than I do, you know. So I think the pressure's big on him.
See these are the kind of quotes that make me dislike Roger. He just comes across so arrogantly!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #1510
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Nat,i think we're the only ones that can't stomach Murray winning tomorrown
Old 01-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #1511
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
See these are the kind of quotes that make me dislike Roger. He just comes across so arrogantly!
But he's right though?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #1512
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
I think he could've catched the bug from Novak?

btw.
Possibly and then it passes to Federer before he plays Murray.Actually that would ruin what should be a great final.

In reality it is probably physical and mental exhaustion as he had never played 5 sets before this week and then played 2 in a row. Today he looked like the walking dead.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #1513
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Hey Nat,i think we're the only ones that can't stomach Murray winning tomorrown
Nah, there are quite a few of those around the castle

Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #1514
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Possibly and then it passes to Federer before he plays Murray.Actually that would ruin what should be a great final.

In reality it is probably physical and mental exhaustion as he had never played 5 sets before this week and then played 2 in a row. Today he looked like the walking dead.
Hope for Murrays sake he won'tPeople are still talking about monofed of 2008
Old 01-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #1515
country flag ad-out

Quote:
But he's right though?
He is right.. but I just don't think he should say it!
Closed Thread