Firefox 3.6 kills ESPN360 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Firefox 3.6 kills ESPN360

If you are a Windows user who runs Firefox and uses the Move Player on ESPN360 do not upgrade to the new Firefox 3.6. I made this mistake and had to uninstall both Firefox and the Move Player. I also had to delete the Mozilla folder under Application Data and use a backup of that folder which predated the upgrade.

Google shows that I am not alone. Others report the same problem.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firefox 3.6 kills ESPN360

Use Google Chrome

Back on topic, thanks for letting me know
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Google Chrome is the answer!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Google Chrome is the answer!
if you want to get spy out it's definately the browser to go
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
if you want to get spy out it's definately the browser to go
Uh? Are you suggesting using Google Chrome compromises your privacy? That is an ignorant opinion, and yes, I am an expert in this field.

If Google has to spying on you, they don't need a browser to do it. Go figure..
Old 01-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uh? Are you suggesting using Google Chrome compromises your privacy? That is an ignorant opinion, and yes, I am an expert in this field.

they gather information from users and browsing statistics etc, be it anonymous.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am an expert in this field.
obviously you are not

Quote:
a browser is the best tool to spy on you. you should know that as an 'expert', don't you?

all of their applications are made to collect data to improve their search engine which is their main income. it's not like they made a browser just to make people happy. same goes to microsoft.

google chrome can't compete with firefox anyway. it's not like google chrome has a high market share for obvious reasons.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
If you are a Windows user who runs Firefox and uses the Move Player on ESPN360 do not upgrade to the new Firefox 3.6. I made this mistake and had to uninstall both Firefox and the Move Player. I also had to delete the Mozilla folder under Application Data and use a backup of that folder which predated the upgrade.

Google shows that I am not alone. Others report the same problem.
Hmm I updated and I have no problem at all.
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
country flag Bilbo

probably ESPN360 isn't up to date with HTML5 yet
Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
country flag Sri

Don't be an idiot about this and keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.

Mozilla, Microsoft, Apple, Google all collect user data .. but 1) is always anonymous 2) is always opt-in.
So the next time you install their software, make sure what you tick "yes" to .

Factually incorrect about Google's revenue sources again. It is the Google Adwords/Adsense that earns the lion-share of their revenue, not search engine. Go figure.

You are comparing browser market shares? How long has Google Chrome been around anyway, few months? And if you still want to talk numbers then the total IE market share still way ahead of all competition.

Oh and finally, I'm pretty sure your browsing data is just as irrelevant as you are. If not, log in to Google Dashboard and delete it.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
country flag Sri

Ever heard of backwards compatibility? HTML5 is not even a standard. The specification is also not finalized.

And if the site works with FF3.5 and not with FF3.6, it is quite obvious where the problem lies.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
you'll find millions of people who will tell you the same. browse for it.

Quote:
Mozilla, Microsoft, Apple, Google all collect user data .. but 1) is always anonymous 2) is always opt-in.
of course Mozilla also collects data but they are using it for different purposes and that is to improve their browser.

Quote:
Factually incorrect about Google's revenue sources again. It is the Google Adwords/Adsense that earns the lion-share of their revenue, not search engine. Go figure.
Correct. Google Adwords is directly connected to their search engine. They collect data to improve their search engine which automatically leads to a bigger success of Google Adwords.

Quote:
You are comparing browser market shares? How long has Google Chrome been around anyway, few months? And if you still want to talk numbers then the total IE market share still way ahead of all competition.
More than a year but anyway it will never become as popular as Firefox and that is because of the reasons I gave you.

Google Chrome might have a high market share in an underdeveloped country like India. In Germany Firefox is the #1.

Quote:
And if the site works with FF3.5 and not with FF3.6, it is quite obvious where the problem lies.
no it is not because it works with FF3.6
Old 01-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh and finally, I'm pretty sure your browsing data is just as irrelevant as you are. If not, log in to Google Dashboard and delete it.

Quote:
Ever heard of backwards compatibility? HTML5 is not even a standard. The specification is also not finalized.

'n remember-you could be bill gates himself but still mtf-rs(read bilbo 'n company) would know better.always,without a doubt.
the most ignorant bunch of losers on earth.

in the world of browsers google chrome is just a kid's teddy. ff is one 'n only dad.case closed.
«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #14
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Firefox 3.6 keeps crashing on me Previous versions used to be so stable...

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #15
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Firefox 3.6 keeps crashing on me Previous versions used to be so stable...
it's smth with add-ons.deactivate all.
tools-add-ons-disable.one by one.
ff should works easily.
«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote