In The Spotlight - MH0861 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #46
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In The Spotlight - MH0861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessebel View Post
What odds do you give Alisa in beating Henin?

Can we all jointly pray for this to happen?
The odds are 14 donuts to 1 that she wins

I WILL PRAY FOR HER
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 03:42 AM   #47
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
PEOPLE ASK ME MORE QUESTIONS
There was this 13yo MTFer who got someone to start a spotlight thread for him about a year ago. After every response he’d say, "ASK ME MORE QUESTIONS!!!!" It was ridiculous. Please don't turn into him.

Moving on....

1. You hate white people food too? WTF is with pot roast? Pork chops? Mashed potatoes? :retard: What are three of your least favorite white people dishes?

2. Please watch these two clips:

I hate that the sound is referred to as “DOINK DOINK,” but I’ll roll with it.

(a) What do you think of that Youtuber describing the sound as "DOINK DOINK"? How would you describe that sound?

(b) For the rest of your life you will have to either (1) listen to “DOINK DOINK” 40 times each day OR (2) hear the intro music (all 30+ seconds of it) every single time you walk through any kind of door. The “DOINK DOINKs” are guaranteed to come at the most WTF times. For example:

Matty’s Boss: Did you finish that report? *DOINK DOINK*
Matty’s cousin: I fell down and skinned my knee. *DOINK DOINK*
Starbucks employee: I’m sorry, I added whipped cream without asking whether you wanted it. *DOINK DOINK*

The intro music will not be so loud that it prevents you from hearing others, but the *DOINK DOINK* is sort of loud.

Which do you choose? Why?

3. What exactly do you do for a living? You may have touched on this earlier, but I don't recall. Please describe an average day at work. What might you be doing at 9am? 12pm? 3pm?

What are your parents’ professions?

5. Why you were all no-I-don’t-deserve-a-spotlight-thread- and then suddenly all OMG-yes!? What changed? I’m guessing you wanted one all along. Am I right?

6. You have the choice of increasing your height by a minimum of five inches and a maximum of twelve inches. Would you do this? How many inches would you add your height? How would you explain your sudden increase in height to everyone?

7. I was in a hospital waiting room about a week ago, and I got kind of bored. The guy next to me was wearing a Boston Celtics t-shirt, and I considered striking up a conversation with him about the NBA. I decided against it because I used my mentalist abilities to determine that he was neither an NBA fan nor a Boston Celtics fan. You see, the guy was in his early forties and he probably weighed about…450 lbs.—give or take 50 lbs. I figured he was only wearing the Celtics t-shirt because it fit. (I’m guessing it was either XXXL or XXXXL. It’s hard to say because the t-shirt was old and stretchy.)

(a) What do you think of my reasoning?

(b) Please describe a situation where you thought about striking up a conversation with a total stranger but then you noticed something about him/her that made you decide against talking to them.

8. Are you following the NFL playoffs? If so, who do you want to see advance to the Super Bowl? Why?

9. Please rank the following sports starting with the most fun to watch/follow: basketball, football, baseball, soccer, ATP, WTA, hockey, golf, boxing, and MMA. Also, please give your favorite team/player for each non-tennis sport.

10. Please rank the following sports starting with the most fun to play: basketball, football, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, golf, boxing, bowling, pool, and darts.

11. Please rank the following sports starting with the one at which you most excel: basketball, football, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, golf, boxing, bowling, pool, and darts.

12. How did you react when you first watched Rogelina cry throughout the trophy presentation of the 2009 AO Final?

13. How do you think Rogelina would react if he once again choked against Rafa in the fifth set of this AO’s final? Suppose the match had the same exact score as last year’s match.

14. Rank the five boroughs from best to worst. Please give reasons for your rankings.

15. Why do you think I found it hilarious to hear about the Trinity’s “sad goodbye”?

16. Would you care if no one who has not already posted in this thread asked you spotlight questions but you were still asked a lot of questions?

17. Would you still bother with MTF if Jess got banned or just decided not to post?

18. On a scale of 1-10, how funny is the clip below?

19. Suppose you had to medal in a winter Olympic sport by the age of 36 or else some terrible ‘accident’ would befall your family or whatever. You would be given an annual stipend of $250k up until your 37th birthday. Which event would you primarily target? Which other events might you consider?

20. Suppose instead that you had to medal in a summer Olympic sport by the age of 38. You would be given an annual stipend of $250k up until your 39th birthday. Which event would you primarily target? Which other events might you consider?

21. I was on a treadmill at my gym when this girl (maybe mid-20s) got on the one right in front of me. She wore these tight sweatpants that filled me with lascivious thoughts. Anyway, the sweatpants were completely blue except for the white lettering right on the ass that said “TEAM PINK.”

Suppose my gym has a suggestion box and that they have a policy of replying to all suggestions by email. Do you think the gym would email me if I ‘suggested’ that the gym ban all “TEAM PINK” clothing that do not feature any pink? Please write a response to this suggestion.

22. Let’s say I came to NYC during late August to attend the USO and visit a friend from college. You, Jess, and I make plans to meet up at the USO and take in a match or two. I’m going to now give you a series of hypothetical texts. Please tell me (1) how each text would make you feel; (2) how you would respond (e.g. phone call/text/ignore); and (3) exactly what you would say if you chose to respond.

(a) Two hours before we’re supposed to meet I send you the following text: I’ve decided to go to the Met with my friend instead of the USO.

(b) Two hours before: OMG I’ve decided to go to the Met with my friend instead of the USO. My old anthropology professor is giving a special lecture and he’s invited us to attend. Byesies!!!

(c) Two hours before: I think I’d rather go to the Met instead of the USO. Sorry, I know this is a shitty move. Do you guys want to meet up for dinner somewhere? My treat. I’ll meet you anywhere.

(d) Two hours before: I’ve just been mugged. I have no money and no way to get to the USO, but I do really want to go. L

(e) Two hours before: Im 2 hngover to do anythng. Cant go 2 USO cuz I fell awfull. Soz.

(f) Two hours before: This is Bibberz’s friend. He wanted me to text you to say that he can’t make the USO because he got in a serious bar fight last night and he’s in the hospital. He says he’s really, really sorry.

(g) Five minutes before: I’m at the USO right now, but I’m nervous about meeting you two.

(h) Five minutes before: I’m at the USO right now, but I’m nervous about meeting you two. I’m sorry, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

(i) Suppose I sent the same text as above except that (based on our previous conversations/texts) you knew roughly where I was sitting, what I would be wearing, and what I look like. What would you do?

(j) Five minutes before: I’ve been detained by USO security for groping Maria Kirilenko’s left bosom.

(k) Five minutes before: I’ve been detained by USO security for groping Kleybanova’s left bosom.

(l) Five minutes before: I’ve been detained by USO security for groping Lindsay Davenport’s left bosom. (Let’s say LD was there as a spectator.)

(m) Five minutes before: I’ve been detained by USO security for heckling Rogelina. I made him cry. I took pictures.

(n) Five minutes before: OMG, I just ran into an old high school friend—who happens to be Lindsay Davenport’s assistant! I’ll be sitting with them!

(o) Five minutes before: OMG, I just ran into an old high school friend—who happens to be Lindsay Davenport’s assistant! I’ll be sitting with them! Fuck off, bitches!!!!

(p) Five minutes before: OMG, I just ran into an old high school friend—who happens to be Lindsay Davenport’s assistant! I’m sitting with them. LD says Jess can come, but she doesn’t want you around because she thinks you’re creepy. (Let’s say I only sent this text to you.)

(q) Suppose I sent the last text to both you and Jess.

(r) Five minutes before: I’m at the USO, but I’ve just inexplicably wet myself. I’m in one of the bathrooms. Please help. Seriously, man. SOS.

(s) Five minutes before: I was just at the USO, but I’ve left the grounds because I just inexplicably wet myself. I’m too embarrassed to meet you guys. Please lie to Jess and come up with a better excuse for why I can’t make it. I’m really sorry.

(t) Five minutes before: OMG, I JUST RAN INTO BRAD GILBERT!!! He’s invited me to hang with him all day. I don’t think I’ll have time to meet up with you guys. Sorry.

(u) Five minutes before: I just ran into Brad Gilbert and asked for a picture with him. He told me to fuck off or he would call security. I’m heartbroken. I just want to leave the grounds.

(v) Five minutes before: Dude, I was snooping around I just saw Killer Cahill and Brad Gilbert making out. They’re still all over each other. Should I take a picture??? What do I do?

(w) Five minutes before: I just used my cell phone to take a video of Dick Enberg using a series of racial and homophobic slurs to berate his assistant. He saw me and has offered $2,500 cash for my phone. He's insisting on keeping the entire phone. I'll lose a lot of phone numbers. What do I do?

(x) Five minutes before: La da da dee da da da da La da da dee da da da da La da da dee da La da da da dee da La da da dee da da da da da Be my lover Wanna be me lover?

(y) Five minutes before: I'm at the USO and I would love to meet you guys, but you must lie to everyone else (IRL and on MTF) and say that we never met. Also, you will not be permitted to take a picture of me. These are my terms. Do you accept?

(z) Five minutes after we've met: Dude, I can't make it to the USO. I had to take my friend to the hospital--he's gravely ill. (I'm sitting right next to you at some match and I have a completely straight face.)

Last edited by Bibberz : 01-22-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Bibberz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:08 AM   #48
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

He likes "white people" food... he doesn't like "white" food. As in, the color white... not... white... ethnicity food.

But the uncontrollable ing is at the text questions

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:11 AM   #49
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessebel View Post
He likes "white people" food... he doesn't like "white" food. As in, the color white... not... white... ethnicity food.
WTF? That's...weird. Oh, well, the question is still sort of valid. He'll still have to think of three white people dishes that he doesn't like.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 AM   #50
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
WTF? That's...weird. Oh, well, the question is still sort of valid. He'll still have to think of three white people dishes that he doesn't like.
I once had a friend who couldn't eat food if it touched any other sort of food so I almost find his to be refreshingly normal in a way?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #51
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG hello I am here to answer Bibby's Q's
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #52
#freeviktor

Mattttttt why are you not online I need you to explain WTAW TT for me and why I suddenly play for another country?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:00 AM   #53
country flag MH0861

Quote:

There was this 13yo MTFer who got someone to start a spotlight thread for him about a year ago. After every response heíd say, "ASK ME MORE QUESTIONS!!!!" It was ridiculous. Please don't turn into him.

Sorry, it was just getting too quiet and I knew I'd BIBB UP if I pleaded

Moving on....

Quote:
1. You hate white people food too? WTF is with pot roast? Pork chops? Mashed potatoes? What are three of your least favorite white people dishes?
As Jess explained, it's white food, but least favorite white people food...

1. I do indeed hate Pot Roast
2. I hate any kind of Stew, blurgh. Friends in college used to make this for dinner and I tried to be polite but I almost threw up
3. I don't like lobster! (although this may be "rich people food" and not necessarily "white people food"

Quote:
2. Please watch these two clips:

I hate that the sound is referred to as ďDOINK DOINK,Ē but Iíll roll with it.

(a) What do you think of that Youtuber describing the sound as "DOINK DOINK"? How would you describe that sound?
I don't think "DOINK DOINK" is accurate at all. It is much more of a "DUN DUN" to me

Quote:
(b) For the rest of your life you will have to either (1) listen to ďDOINK DOINKĒ 40 times each day OR (2) hear the intro music (all 30+ seconds of it) every single time you walk through any kind of door. The ďDOINK DOINKsĒ are guaranteed to come at the most WTF times. For example:

Mattyís Boss: Did you finish that report? *DOINK DOINK*
Mattyís cousin: I fell down and skinned my knee. *DOINK DOINK*
Starbucks employee: Iím sorry, I added whipped cream without asking whether you wanted it. *DOINK DOINK*

The intro music will not be so loud that it prevents you from hearing others, but the *DOINK DOINK* is sort of loud.

Which do you choose? Why?
Definitely *DOINK DOINK*. It's perfect for such life moments as:

Matt: OMG Jess, did you hear Adam and Gretchen eloped yesterday?
*DOINK DOINK*
Jess:

I feel like it fits my OMG/BOMBSHELL type personality much more. The other one would be fine if I worked for like, the tech support department of Best Buy. And I don't

Quote:
3. What exactly do you do for a living? You may have touched on this earlier, but I don't recall. Please describe an average day at work. What might you be doing at 9am? 12pm? 3pm[font=Verdana]?
I work for an accounting firm, doing internal audits. I'm a senior auditor so I have a bunch of auditors working underneath me who report to me, and I review their work.

A typical day at work is usually spent answering questions from said auditors, spending anywhere between 1-4 hours reviewing one of their audits, finding 10,000 things wrong with said audit and kicking it back to them to get their effing act together All in a caring nuturing voice of course

At 9am I am usually drinking iced coffee
At 12pm I am usually eating lunch with non-white food
At 3pm I am usually staring at the clock wanting to go home

Quote:
4.What are your parentsí professions?
My mom is a K-8 Catholic School Principal, my dad is a CFO of an Art Gallery. We do not have any art or anything in our house

Quote:
5. Why you were all no-I-donít-deserve-a-spotlight-thread- and then suddenly all OMG-yes!? What changed? Iím guessing you wanted one all along. Am I right?
I thought that Adam and Jess should stop being selfish and learn to share me. Plus, I could tell you wanted to get to know me better! I just stopped caring if only 2 people would post in the thread and said OK

Quote:
6. You have the choice of increasing your height by a minimum of five inches and a maximum of twelve inches. Would you do this? How many inches would you add your height? How would you explain your sudden increase in height to everyone?
Yes, I would add the 5 or so inches to get me to 6 feet. I would just explain to them that I:
a) DO WHAT I WANT and
b) Growth spurts are real life and
c) OMG if you think this is bad did you see Heidi Montag lately?

Quote:
7. I was in a hospital waiting room about a week ago, and I got kind of bored. The guy next to me was wearing a Boston Celtics t-shirt, and I considered striking up a conversation with him about the NBA. I decided against it because I used my mentalist abilities to determine that he was neither an NBA fan nor a Boston Celtics fan. You see, the guy was in his early forties and he probably weighed aboutÖ450 lbs.ógive or take 50 lbs. I figured he was only wearing the Celtics t-shirt because it fit. (Iím guessing it was either XXXL or XXXXL. Itís hard to say because the t-shirt was old and stretchy.)

(a) What do you think of my reasoning?
I don't know, I find people who are fans of Boston anything are generally slobbish, so he may have been the real deal! Do people really wear shirts for teams they don't like? Maybe he thought a Celtic was a new brand of eclairs? I really don't think your reasoning was correct, there are lots of shirts for people of all body types in this day and age.

Quote:
(b) Please describe a situation where you thought about striking up a conversation with a total stranger but then you noticed something about him/her that made you decide against talking to them.
I generally veer far far away from strangers I was walking to my Dentist's office yesterday and there was an old man who couldn't get out of the passenger seat of his car. His elderly wife was standing outside of the car trying to get him out I felt compelled to offer to help but instead my mind started wandering about how I don't ever want to end up like that so I kept going to avoid the situation and thought all together.

Quote:
8. Are you following the NFL playoffs? If so, who do you want to see advance to the Super Bowl? Why?
I am, the Jets! I'm from New York and there's nothing like having pride in a team that represents but does not play in your state! I like the Giants more though but the Jets are a convenient option right now. And it's not like a Yankees/Mets situation, it's actually OK to root for the Jets.

Splitting this...
Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #54
#freeviktor

Oh Matt, thank you for your answer to #8 and RECOGNIZING that East Rutherford is not the 6th borough and that your folk actually get all the credit for this team but really they have basically nothing to do with your state whatsoever

Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 AM   #55
country flag MH0861

Quote:
9. Please rank the following sports starting with the most fun to watch/follow: basketball, football, baseball, soccer, ATP, WTA, hockey, golf, boxing, and MMA. Also, please give your favorite team/player for each non-tennis sport.
1. WTA
2. ATP
3. Baseball Yankees
4. Basketball Jazz
5. Golf Philly M
6. Football Giants
7. Soccer SPURS
8. Boxing I'm not even going to pretend I have one
9. MMA See above

Quote:
10. Please rank the following sports starting with the most fun to play: basketball, football, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, golf, boxing, bowling, pool, and darts.
1. Tennis
2. Darts
3. Basketball
4. Bowling
5. Baseball
6. Golf
7. Pool
8. Football
9.Soccer
10 Hockey
11. Boxing (oh hell no)

Quote:
11. Please rank the following sports starting with the one at which you most excel: basketball, football, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, golf, boxing, bowling, pool, and darts.
1. Tennis
2. Darts
3. Basketball
4. Bowling
5. Baseball
6. Soccer
7. Football
8. Golf
9. Pool
10. Hockey
11. Boxing

Quote:
12. How did you react when you first watched Rogelina cry throughout the trophy presentation of the 2009 AO Final?
I'm not a Roger hater but OMG I was so embarrassed for him, like OMG. Get a grip.

Quote:
13. How do you think Rogelina would react if he once again choked against Rafa in the fifth set of this AO’s final? Suppose the match had the same exact score as last year’s match.
Don't think he would cry this time. I get the sense he doesn't care nearly as much about tennis anymore - winning the AO doesn't mean nearly as much anymore right now I don't think.

Quote:
14. Rank the five boroughs from best to worst. Please give reasons for your rankings.
1. Manhattan. It has the most to do!
2. Bronx. It appeals to the Black man hiding inside me. I'm sure I almost died here a few times. It has an EDGE. Plus Yankee Stadium.
3. Queens. Flushing Meadows
4. Brooklyn. I'm not gonna lie, I just haven't been here very much which I know is SO WRONG. WHATEVS!
5. Staten Island. Just sleazy. And do not even get me started on their ferry. No thank you.

Quote:
15. Why do you think I found it hilarious to hear about the Trinity’s “sad goodbye”?
OMG because you are sick in the head

Quote:
16. Would you care if no one who has not already posted in this thread asked you spotlight questions but you were still asked a lot of questions?
Of course I would, but the thread and life would move on.

Quote:
17. Would you still bother with MTF if Jess got banned or just decided not to post?
Yes, this is probably the place where we speak the least

Quote:
18. On a scale of 1-10, how funny is the clip below?

5, it got a grin but no audible chuckle

Quote:
19. Suppose you had to medal in a winter Olympic sport by the age of 36 or else some terrible ‘accident’ would befall your family or whatever. You would be given an annual stipend of $250k up until your 37th birthday. Which event would you primarily target? Which other events might you consider?
I think I could do well at Curling I also feel like bobsled and the luge would be viable options for me.

Quote:
20. Suppose instead that you had to medal in a summer Olympic sport by the age of 38. You would be given an annual stipend of $250k up until your 39th birthday. Which event would you primarily target? Which other events might you consider?
Probably swimming related stuff - Diving, synchronized swimming etc I may also save up my money and try to buy my way onto like, Team USA Basketball, and "accidentally" suffer a major knee injury to leave me on the bench

Quote:
21. I was on a treadmill at my gym when this girl (maybe mid-20s) got on the one right in front of me. She wore these tight sweatpants that filled me with lascivious thoughts. Anyway, the sweatpants were completely blue except for the white lettering right on the ass that said “TEAM PINK.”

Suppose my gym has a suggestion box and that they have a policy of replying to all suggestions by email. Do you think the gym would email me if I ‘suggested’ that the gym ban all “TEAM PINK” clothing that do not feature any pink? Please write a response to this suggestion.
No, I think they would ignore you Have you ever been to a gym for real? Then you should know those places have more than enough problems without having to deal with hoes running on their toes. Anyway, if I were working there, I would of course have time for you and would respond to you as follows:

Dear Mr. Bibberz,

Thanks for your e-mail. Please rest assured that all comments and feedback received here at the gym are carefully read and considered and we appreciate your suggestions.

Please remember that our weekend kickboxing class is filling up fast, so call me direct at 555-5555 if you'd like to reserve a spot.

Cheers,
Matty
Old 01-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #56
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Quote:
As Jess explained, it's white food, but least favorite white people food...

1. I do indeed hate Pot Roast
2. I hate any kind of Stew, blurgh. Friends in college used to make this for dinner and I tried to be polite but I almost threw up
3. I don't like lobster! (although this may be "rich people food" and not necessarily "white people food"
Lobster.

Quote:
I don't think "DOINK DOINK" is accurate at all. It is much more of a "DUN DUN" to me
That's EXACTLY what I was going to use before I saw that someone on Youtube named it "DOINK DOINK."

Quote:
Definitely *DOINK DOINK*. It's perfect for such life moments as:

Matt: OMG Jess, did you hear Adam and Gretchen eloped yesterday?
*DOINK DOINK*
Jess:
That would be awesome. I was kind of hoping you'd go with the intro music. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom--the music would start as soon as you walked through the door. "Not this shit again. "

Quote:
I work for an accounting firm, doing internal audits. I'm a senior auditor so I have a bunch of auditors working underneath me who report to me, and I review their work.
That's awesome.
Quote:
Yes, I would add the 5 or so inches to get me to 6 feet. I would just explain to them that I:
a) DO WHAT I WANT
Nice.

Quote:
I don't know, I find people who are fans of Boston anything are generally slobbish, so he may have been the real deal! Do people really wear shirts for teams they don't like? Maybe he thought a Celtic was a new brand of eclairs? I really don't think your reasoning was correct, there are lots of shirts for people of all body types in this day and age.

Quote:
I am, the Jets! I'm from New York and there's nothing like having pride in a team that represents but does not play in your state! I like the Giants more though but the Jets are a convenient option right now. And it's not like a Yankees/Mets situation, it's actually OK to root for the Jets.
Incomplete answer. Who do you want to see the Jets face in the Super Bowl?

Quote:
Splitting this...
Yes, I thought you might.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #57
#freeviktor

1) Do you think I am being unreasonable about FedCupgate?
2) Do you agree Adam and I are being totally screwed? And like, not in a fun way?
3) What do you think I should do to rectify the situation?
4) Do you think your amigo In the Zone would agree?
5) He's important on WTAW and makes people listen to him, so it would be cool if he did.
6) Would you ever leave team USA and make a rogue trinity nation with me and Adam for like.... Uruguay?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #58
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Quote:
4. Basketball Jazz
I was a huge John Stockton fan. I really wanted the Jazz to beat the Bulls in the '97 and '98 Finals.

Quote:
I'm not a Roger hater but OMG I was so embarrassed for him, like OMG. Get a grip.

Quote:
Don't think he would cry this time.
I don't think so either.

Quote:
OMG because you are sick in the head

Quote:
5, it got a grin but no audible chuckle
5?! Harsh.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 AM   #59
country flag MH0861

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibberz
22. Letís say I came to NYC during late August to attend the USO and visit a friend from college. You, Jess, and I make plans to meet up at the USO and take in a match or two. Iím going to now give you a series of hypothetical texts. Please tell me (1) how each text would make you feel; (2) how you would respond (e.g. phone call/text/ignore); and (3) exactly what you would say if you chose to respond.
Quote:
(a) Two hours before weíre supposed to meet I send you the following text: Iíve decided to go to the Met with my friend instead of the USO.
I would be annoyed and respond back via text and say "your loss you should be visiting the Matt not the Met". I'd get over it though.

Quote:
(b) Two hours before: OMG Iíve decided to go to the Met with my friend instead of the USO. My old anthropology professor is giving a special lecture and heís invited us to attend. Byesies!!!
I'd think you're half geek by going to this and half tool by saying Byesies I'd still respond and probably just say "whatevs"

Quote:
(c) Two hours before: I think Iíd rather go to the Met instead of the USO. Sorry, I know this is a shitty move. Do you guys want to meet up for dinner somewhere? My treat. Iíll meet you anywhere.
First reasonable message yet! I would respond via text and say it's OK and say Jess is in charge of decision making and we would let you know!

Quote:
(d) Two hours before: Iíve just been mugged. I have no money and no way to get to the USO, but I do really want to go. L
I'd be very concerned and worried and call you and ask you where you were to come get you. I'd pay for your transport!

Quote:
(e) Two hours before: Im 2 hngover to do anythng. Cant go 2 USO cuz I fell awfull. Soz.
I would probably laugh and feel sorry for you! I'd text you back to say I hoped you feel better and that if you felt better later on the day to try and make it to the USO.

Quote:
(f) Two hours before: This is Bibberzís friend. He wanted me to text you to say that he canít make the USO because he got in a serious bar fight last night and heís in the hospital. He says heís really, really sorry.
Hmm. It would depend on how close we were by this point. If it were Adam or Jess I would call the phone back to see where they were and go visit them in the hopsital and not go to the USO. If not, I would be concerned but may still go get my Kirilenko on and text back to say to feel better Maybe I'd send you a little balloon too!

Quote:
(g) Five minutes before: Iím at the USO right now, but Iím nervous about meeting you two.
I'd be amused and surprised Because I would not expect that from you. I'd text back and say "OMG Just come up with 50 off the wall questions to break the ice and all will be fine!"

Quote:
(h) Five minutes before: Iím at the USO right now, but Iím nervous about meeting you two. Iím sorry, but it just wasnít meant to be.
I would be dumbfounded I think I would call you because I'd be worried you'd run and hide in a corner all day

Quote:
(i) Suppose I sent the same text as above except that (based on our previous conversations/texts) you knew roughly where I was sitting, what I would be wearing, and what I look like. What would you do?
I don't think I would come up to you if you really seemed that uncomfortable. I'd probably text you back to be sure you didn't want to hang out and be sad if you didn't!

Quote:
(j) Five minutes before: Iíve been detained by USO security for groping Maria Kirilenkoís left bosom.

(k) Five minutes before: Iíve been detained by USO security for groping Kleybanovaís left bosom.

(l) Five minutes before: Iíve been detained by USO security for groping Lindsay Davenportís left bosom. (Letís say LD was there as a spectator.)

(m) Five minutes before: Iíve been detained by USO security for heckling Rogelina. I made him cry. I took pictures.
In each of these scenarios I'd be shocked and call you and ask where the security area was This would not deter me!

Quote:
(n) Five minutes before: OMG, I just ran into an old high school friendówho happens to be Lindsay Davenportís assistant! Iíll be sitting with them!
I'd call you up faster than you can say OMG REMEMBER WHEN LINDSAY WON THE 1998 US OPEN 6-3 7-5 and beg to come with you

Quote:
(o) Five minutes before: OMG, I just ran into an old high school friendówho happens to be Lindsay Davenportís assistant! Iíll be sitting with them! Fuck off, bitches!!!!

(p) Five minutes before: OMG, I just ran into an old high school friendówho happens to be Lindsay Davenportís assistant! Iím sitting with them. LD says Jess can come, but she doesnít want you around because she thinks youíre creepy. (Letís say I only sent this text to you.)

(q) Suppose I sent the last text to both you and Jess.
OMG in each of these scenarios I'd be devastated. I'd tell Jess if she didn't get the text and we'd both decide we're better off hanging out with Alize anyway If you sent it to both of us we're still come to this decision and probably ignore you.

Quote:
(r) Five minutes before: Iím at the USO, but Iíve just inexplicably wet myself. Iím in one of the bathrooms. Please help. Seriously, man. SOS.
I think I'd be disturbed, not respond and pretend we were ever going to meet this day

Quote:
(s) Five minutes before: I was just at the USO, but Iíve left the grounds because I just inexplicably wet myself. Iím too embarrassed to meet you guys. Please lie to Jess and come up with a better excuse for why I canít make it. Iím really sorry.
I again would be disturbed but text you back to say I understood and that I would do this for you. Obviously I'd gossip all day about this incident with Jess, tell her the truth, and make her swear not to spill the beans

Quote:
(t) Five minutes before: OMG, I JUST RAN INTO BRAD GILBERT!!! Heís invited me to hang with him all day. I donít think Iíll have time to meet up with you guys. Sorry.
I'd be bewildered and think "Wow, tools really do travel is pairs" I think this one would deserve a simple "WTF" text back.

Quote:
(u) Five minutes before: I just ran into Brad Gilbert and asked for a picture with him. He told me to fuck off or he would call security. Iím heartbroken. I just want to leave the grounds.
I would be shocked! How many would really ask Brad for a picture! I'd call you and tell you to wait for me and that we'd get through this emotional time together

Quote:
(v) Five minutes before: Dude, I was snooping around I just saw Killer Cahill and Brad Gilbert making out. Theyíre still all over each other. Should I take a picture??? What do I do?

I would think it was hot JUST KIDDING I'd text you back and say OMG WHERE and definitely tell you to take pictures and wait for me

Quote:
[/i](w) Five minutes before: I just used my cell phone to take a video of Dick Enberg using a series of racial and homophobic slurs to berate his assistant. He saw me and has offered $2,500 cash for my phone. He's insisting on keeping the entire phone. I'll lose a lot of phone numbers. What do I do?
I'd tell you to take the money! We would have fun!

Quote:
(x) Five minutes before: La da da dee da da da da La da da dee da da da da La da da dee da La da da da dee da La da da dee da da da da da Be my lover Wanna be me lover?

I would laugh and be amused and text you back and say OMG I LOVE LA BOUCHE.

On an unrelated note did you know the singer died?

Quote:
[/i](y) Five minutes before: I'm at the USO and I would love to meet you guys, but you must lie to everyone else (IRL and on MTF) and say that we never met. Also, you will not be permitted to take a picture of me. These are my terms. Do you accept?

I'd think you were weird but I would text you back say I accept! Anything to hang out!

Quote:
[/i](z) Five minutes after we've met: Dude, I can't make it to the USO. I had to take my friend to the hospital--he's gravely ill. (I'm sitting right next to you at some match and I have a completely straight face.)
I would be amused and text you back and say OMG I never made it, sorry, who are you sitting next to?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #60
country flag MH0861

Quote:
Incomplete answer. Who do you want to see the Jets face in the Super Bowl?
Whoops, sorry, Saints!