In The Spotlight - MH0861 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #16
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In The Spotlight - MH0861

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
I would let the person who only packed 2 parachutes go kaboom with the plane I mean honestly, whichever one of us did that deserves to go
Let's say we did not pack the plane. We stole one when running from the opposition and did not have time to see how many parachutes were inside before taking off. What now?

Quote:
Hmm, I am feeling something Asian-esque. Let us do South Korean I am not sure when yet, it depends on this oral surgery
Are we going to do Korean BBQ? That still totally intrigues me.

Quote:
OMG Puck I really liked it there! I still cannot believe you got drunk off like 2 sips all night

Okay, I will tell you, it was the champagne champagne KILLS me. Also, you made me chug. That killed me too. I was not drunk until I drank my beer and chugged 3/4 of yours so quickly and then drank my champagne AND yours If you didn't convince me to drink all YOUR drinks, I would have not gone out of control I liked Puck too It's so conveniently near Penn Station too Plus I love that they charged us incorrectly. If they always charge us for Stella as a domestic, we should always go there

Quote:
My brothers and I chipped in to get her a new camera She is definitely still in her Nicholas Sparks phase
My mom bought the book that is that new movie... Dear John or whatever? It made me think of Katie

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #17
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, don't hate, it's called an opinion
I'm not hating. I just said it was interesting that you ranked them 1 and 2 since, you know, they didn't particularly like each other.

Quote:
Who are your Top 5?
This is your spotlight thread. But I guess you don't mind making it chat threadish...

All-time?

1. Rafa
2. Sammy
3. Taylor Dent (very, very, very close to Sammy)
4. Pete
5. Boom Boom
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #18
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't have one I don't play that seriously. I think I would be OK with some lessons though, will you or Adam teach me your secrets?
I dont think Adam has any secrets playing golf, he is just words an no action . I can teach you, yes.

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessebel View Post
Let's say we did not pack the plane. We stole one when running from the opposition and did not have time to see how many parachutes were inside before taking off. What now?
Who is the pilot that got us shot down? That person would have to go

If you are *really* going to make me answer this, I would choose Adam to go down with the plane Not because I like you better than him, but because I often push you in the firing line of oncoming traffic so it's his turn to save me. Besides, I'm positive he would pull a MacGyver and find a way out of it

Quote:
Are we going to do Korean BBQ? That still totally intrigues me.
Yes! Let's!

Quote:
Okay, I will tell you, it was the champagne champagne KILLS me. Also, you made me chug. That killed me too. I was not drunk until I drank my beer and chugged 3/4 of yours so quickly and then drank my champagne AND yours If you didn't convince me to drink all YOUR drinks, I would have not gone out of control I liked Puck too It's so conveniently near Penn Station too Plus I love that they charged us incorrectly. If they always charge us for Stella as a domestic, we should always go there
I still can't believe they sold champagne there Still, I think you need a better tolerance! Let us build it up. Yes! Puck is on the list of spots that warrant a return visit, I am soooo over Social I hope we never get "over" Brazil

Quote:
My mom bought the book that is that new movie... Dear John or whatever? It made me think of Katie
That was the book that got Katie into her Sparks craze, she had to read it for school apparently. I am part disgusted and part bemused that a Nicholas Sparks book would be part of any curriculum She *screams* every time the commercial for the movie comes on
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #20
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond reputeMH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
I'm not hating. I just said it was interesting that you ranked them 1 and 2 since, you know, they didn't particularly like each other.
I really, really liked Rafter, Sampras is my #2 but I didn't live for him, you know?

Quote:
This is your spotlight thread. But I guess you don't mind making it chat threadish...

All-time?

1. Rafa
2. Sammy
3. Taylor Dent (very, very, very close to Sammy)
4. Pete
5. Boom Boom
This does not make it chat threadish, I was just curious, we love everybody here I really like Dent now. I didn't really love him before he retired, but that USO match he played last year was just awesome and I LOVED his reaction after. Now ask some questions
Old 01-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #21
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who is the pilot that got us shot down? That person would have to go

If you are *really* going to make me answer this, I would choose Adam to go down with the plane Not because I like you better than him, but because I often push you in the firing line of oncoming traffic so it's his turn to save me. Besides, I'm positive he would pull a MacGyver and find a way out of it
Yes, thank you You do, so often, sacrifice my life for your own, that I do deserve it And yes, Adam would be resourceful!!

Did you stay home from work?

Quote:

I still can't believe they sold champagne there Still, I think you need a better tolerance! Let us build it up. Yes! Puck is on the list of spots that warrant a return visit, I am soooo over Social I hope we never get "over" Brazil
We'll never get over Brazil. That dessert was tooooooooo good. If Social had better pickles, it could have kept our love

Quote:
That was the book that got Katie into her Sparks craze, she had to read it for school apparently. I am part disgusted and part bemused that a Nicholas Sparks book would be part of any curriculum She *screams* every time the commercial for the movie comes on
Oh dear

I am going to try to finish Dexter Season 2 today, and I will draft you some new questions I am actually watching this week's Heroes, and it is decent.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is time for the wonder that is MHpi (people, if you want to know why this is my nickname, ASK! : D ) takes over MTF! I am full of interesting life experiences, many near death experiences and generally live my life WITH THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON IT which provides for endless fun and hijinks I feel like I am that awesome independent movie that only 6 people saw illegally but feel it changed their life forever. It's time for the James Cameron of MTF, adee-gee, to turn my little private tales into a MAJOR BLOCKBUSTER (except no blue people pls) : D
Good answer
Quote:
4. I am a survivor! I think if I were to go on a reality show it would be survivor because I survive many near death experiences. Off the top of my head, I have survived: Almost being run over by a bus, almost falling onto subway tracks, almost being run over by a taxi-cab, almost being run over by Alisa Kleyabnova, being in a serious head-on car collision, watching the 2007 Anna Chakvetadze vs. Sveta Kuznetsova SF.

Quote:
I am not nearly as much into following particular players on ATP as opposed to WTA (though I enjoy ATP matches more - I just don't have that personal vested OMG IF MARIA KIRILENKO DOES NOT BREAK SHARAPOVA FOR THE MATCH RIGHT NOW AND STOP CHOKING I AM GOING TO JUMP OUT A WINDOW interest.

Quote:
Oh, a day with Jess and Adam for sure : worship: NO CONTEST. At least you two wouldn't go whore it up and have kids and leave me alone like she has : (

Quote:
As Jess will tell you, I am just not a big movie person. I have missed many "classics" and rather watch a TV show than a movie. In no order, I quite enjoy:
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Fight Club
- American Beauty
- Finding Nemo
- Kill Bill (vol 1+2)
OMG you seriously need to watch more movies
Quote:
U2 - "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)" OMG I couldn't believe this was part of the encore when I saw them in September. An awesome album track on my #1 album of all time, Achtung Baby. I also adore "Stay" and "Angel of Harlem" from U2 - I always think of you as my Angel in Harlem : hearts:

No Doubt - "New": This isn't very well known, I love No Doubt and the obvious choice would be Don't Speak but I just adore this song - love the dark feel to it, the riff and the double chorus. I think it's just a personal choice for me, most people I play it for don't really rate it. WHATEVS.

Sting - "Fields of Gold" - OMG this is just a gorgeous and heartbreaking song : sad:

The Cardigans - "Communication" - See above, I am sorry for all my Debbie-Downer choices here but this is such a beautiful song. Most people thought the Cardigans went away after Lovefool but they produced much better music after.

Coldplay - "Strawberry Swing" - OMG I know this is very recent and Coldplay is not a cool band to like but this song is so fun, very Beatles-esque, I played this non-stop when I bought the very good album it comes from. The end of the song gets me every time, very lovey dovey in a non-cheesy way. : awww:

Sixth would be Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire and Seventh Mariah Carey featuring ODB - Fantasy (REMIX).
OMG and listen to more/better music
Quote:
1. 24 : worship: It's not a show I particularly have an interest of watching past seasons ever again because it's really an "in the moment" type of show - but OMG 24 has changed my TV life. I am particularly proud of this because I watched the very first episode when it premiered in 2001 so I have been there since the very beginning.

I actually only watched the first season on DVD, I romped my way through it in 2 and a half days From then on, I've watched every episode on tv.
Quote:
3. Lost. Loved the first season, almost gave up on it during seasons two and three, but totally back on board again. I can't wait to watch all the seasons back to back once it ends as well.
Oh dear. Dexter I'm gonna give a go, but Lost will never regain my support.
Quote:
No one would win a point, but everyone would win because he'd be defaulted in the first point of every match, taking Serena Williams USO OH NINE to a whole new level: GOD DAMNIT THAT SERVE WAS IN I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR GOD DAMN ARM OFF : worship:
YOU SON OF A BITCH!
Quote:
I don't know, I would be interested in me too! Bibberz reminds me of someone who is reading an issue of US Weekly and is looking at the paparazzi photos of my antics and hot looks and wants to join in. JOIN IN BIBBZ, JOIN IN! I think Bibberz just recognizes talent when he sees it
Just watch out for him, he seems to lose his interest quite quickly
Quote:
I would be disturbed that you thought it would be OK to date a 16 year old But notwithstanding age, I wouldn't have a problem with it, I think common friends dating siblings can work out just fine. But if you hurt her I'd beat you down worse than Maria Sharapova at 2005 Indian Wells : armed:
I meant in theory, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of young Katie
Quote:
1. Be Taller
You're not so small!
Quote:
3. Be less judgmental, I know we all do it but I think I can give people a chance more often and not be so quick to judge people just because they think orange crocs are an acceptable purchase. Also I have heard I have a "look" when I am judging/in disgust of someone

Quote:
Definitely Lindsay winning RG (or any slam), too many sad sad losses and close calls in the last few years for that elusive 4th. She is a much better player than a 3-slam winner.
Poor Kiri
Quote:
Well, I knew them and a few of their songs, but yes I didn't really discover them any further until you raved on and on. My favorite songs are:
1. "Map of the Problematique"
2. "Time is Running Out"
3. "Invincible"
4. "Undisclosed Desires"
5. "Knights of Cydonia"

I apologize if those are not very critically acclaimed but WHATEVS.
Interesting choices, I like them. MOTP is awesome, probably wouldn't be on many people's lists though. I love all your selections except Undisclosed Desires, it wouldn't be in my top 20.
Quote:
I played a bit through early summer, but annoyingly all the free public courts in my area began requiring paid permits to play : o We don't play enough to buy one, but we'll see about this year. My game is OK, I think I am capable but I'm sure a Jewish Olympics star would make me look like Brie Whitehead : sad: I am definitely very quick around the court and my serve can be pretty good when it's on. Solid backhand, forehand I usually have to pray that it will go in if I go for any type of pace on it I am a very broody player too, I get very annoyed with myself and talk to myself etc even if it's a friendly little match with my brother or something, I'm very competitive and don't like to lose. I am also superstitious : D
How much is the permit?

Can you please find a court that we can play at if I come to New York?
Quote:
1. I have been horrendous with keeping in touch with friends from long ago. I now find myself with most of my good/best friends as those I went to college with. The problem is, we do not generally live too close. I feel like I could've done a better job keeping in touch/staying close to a lot of people. It's my New Year's Resolution to re-connect with more people from back in the day, and I recommend everyone else try doing this too.
And with me!

(although I accept some of the blame for our lack of contact )
Quote:
2. UGH I find myself with a stalker and it's all because of a very very poor choice at a bar and got super drunk and did naughty things with a girl : lol: I don't even like chicas but when I'm drunk I will get friendly with anything : haha: Anyway I should really just own up but it provides for very amusing stories : )
Can I have some more details on this story

Thank you for your answers, they were truly stupendous
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Oh dear. Dexter I'm gonna give a go, but Lost will never regain my support.
Dexter is good! I'm only halfway through season 2, but it is good
Quote:
I meant in theory, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of young Katie
She's in like 90% of his pics

Quote:
Can you please find a court that we can play at when I come to New York?
Fixed

Old 01-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #24
#freeviktor

1) Rank the Dexter seasons from best to worst.
2) Lila annoys me. How long does she stick around? I'm on episode 7 of season 2

Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #25
#freeviktor

OMG I hate her more now

Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #26
country flag MH0861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessebel View Post
1) Rank the Dexter seasons from best to worst.
2) Lila annoys me. How long does she stick around? I'm on episode 7 of season 2
1)
1. Season 1
2. Season 4
3. Season 2
4. Season 3

Seasons 1 and 4 are 10/10, Season 2 is a 9/10 and Season 3 is probably a 7/10.

2) I liked her She doesn't come back for Season 3.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #27
#freeviktor

I got up to episode 10! After Baggy's match I may squeeze in one more

Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #28
country flag MH0861

Adam - I will comment/detail stalker tomorrow, I just got home, I'm in immense pain tonight from my wisdom tooth
Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #29
#freeviktor

btw, sort your teeth out, we should hit up Restaurant Week if you can eat

Old 01-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #30
#freeviktor

Quote:
Adam - I will comment/detail stalker tomorrow, I just got home, I'm in immense pain tonight from my wisdom tooth
Oh no