Australian Open - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #106
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open

Best chance to make a final.

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #107
country flag chewbacca74

chewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond reputechewbacca74 has a reputation beyond repute

After his win in QF, Ferrer is now ranked #6 in the ATP rankings (+1).

See: http://tennislive.free.fr
chewbacca74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #108
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I think both David and Rafa handled the interviews extremely well. Rafa's english has improved so much over the last couple of years.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #109
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia View Post
that's nothing compared to what they did to Rafa
true... but Rafa was always going to get the s***t from this and (not only) for that I feel so sorry for the guy as he's going to be faced with this for ages

Rafa fought with what he had, David fought and won... It's tennis - the better guy on the day won. What the hell else were they both supposed to do? D'oh? They are professionals and with a proper attitude to top 10 guys.
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #110
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

They are both professionals and unfortunately for them, doing press is a part of their profession. Of course the press are sniffing a nice little angle here with neither of them telling what was said at the net. Not much else to write about with this being such a weird, nearly boring match. And I agree with Sue, they both handled the interviews really well.

In my opinion David just played rock solid. It can't have been easy playing against a wounded Rafa that obviously would have still beat a lesser player than David. Well done to David and I hope Rafa recovers swiftly. Also kudos to Rafa for finishing the match, very respectful.

Of course people will say that it was only possible for David to win because Rafa wasn't 100%. I say He's in the semis and that's what it will say on his match record, not wether his QF opponent was fit.

Rafa's English has gotten so much better, now if only David would hire me so I can familiarize him with the wonders of past tense.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #111
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa's pressers are getting more interesting and entertaining with each tournament especially when the "journalists" don't heed his few and far between requests to respect his privacy or stay away from a subject. I cannot believe the stupidity of these hackers. Rafa has always done an excellent job of deflecting controversial questions and with his improved English is now in a great position to make them look like idiots. His personality and humor come through.

It's also nice to see he and David tackling English grammar - David tried using modal verbs with an infinitive and almost got it. (I'm an ESL teacher and could be hired for a few shekels as well
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #112

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2 View Post
It's also nice to see he and David tackling English grammar - David tried using modal verbs with an infinitive and almost got it. (I'm an ESL teacher and could be hired for a few shekels as well
So am I! How cool. We could offer ATP a package deal. I'm very cheap.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #113
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

2 teachers huh?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
2 teachers huh?
And a doc?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #115
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
So am I! How cool. We could offer ATP a package deal. I'm very cheap.
you mean you'd make him pay

I think you should look at coming to London with me in November
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #116
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
And a doc?
Oh well; too bad I know next to nothing about "sports" medicine

Ali- heading back to the end of year championships again?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #117
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh well; too bad I know next to nothing about "sports" medicine

Ali- heading back to the end of year championships again?
that's my local tourniment now shame it costs a fortune
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #118

Quote:
you mean you'd make him pay
Only a small amount.

Quote:
I think you should look at coming to London with me in November
I will.

Quote:
Oh well; too bad I know next to nothing about "sports" medicine :
They don't need to know that.

Quote:
that's my local tourniment now shame it costs a fortune
And you want me to come?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #119
country flag alisia

Quote:
Only a small amount.
I will.
And you want me to come?
We have 8 months to save
Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #120
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

First time I find time to come here today
I am still so very happy for Ferrus win and even if Rafa was injured, I am sure Ferru would have given him a hard fight also if Rafa had been on a normal level.
I also have to say big credit to both players and I think they are both just too adorable Rafa gets my biggest respect also for not giving up this match and you could see on Ferru as well how much he would have loved to play against a 100% fit Rafa.

But still, if a player deserves this big win, it surely is Ferru He has so much heart, is such a fair player and always fights until the very last point!
He is just someone you feel very proud to be his fan and especially on a day like this
I am already looking forward to the match against Murray, hope our chico will have a chance there as well.

Congrats to our champion

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote