movie stuff - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #241
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

now is the time for remakes: after Nightmare on Elm Street peaked already earlier this year, it's Karate Kid (starring Will Smith's son, known from Pursuit of Happiness, and Jackie Chan) leading The A-Team remake this week at the box office
critics are clearly more in favor of Liam Neeson's escapees group though
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #242
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

I like the original Karate Kid too much to want to see the remake. I might be able to handle The A-Team though. It'll be a good excuse to remake a Mr. T cupcake

I also just saw the Smurfs movie trailer. I was pleased to see that the animation looks good. I was fearing they'd suffer a similar fate as Alvin and Co.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #243
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

so, who has seen Toy Story 3 and how was it?
it stands at a ranking of 9.5/10 at imdb right now
great chance that an animated feature could become Best Picture at the next Oscars
Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #244
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
so, who has seen Toy Story 3 and how was it?
it stands at a ranking of 9.5/10 at imdb right now
great chance that an animated feature could become Best Picture at the next Oscars
It was so great. I watched the first one about 5 times in theaters when I was 6 and saw the second one that many times as well, so I had high hopes for this one. The ending was so beautiful, I actually cried. 3 times. I loved the new characters so much, especially Ken and Lotsa the Bear. Pixar saved my childhood

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #245
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

This summer is going to be filled with some great movie stuffs (at least I'm very excited about them )

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender (the true Avatar but Cameron stole the name )
Christopher Nolan's Inception (starring Leo di Caprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt , Ken Watanabe)
and also the new seasons of "True Blood" and "Entourage"
Old 06-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #246
Ivanatis

Bruce Cohen (American Beauty, Milk, Pushing Daisies) and Don Mischer (Tony Awards, Super Bowl) will be the producers in charge of next year's Academy Award ceremony. Sounds promising, although it surely can't get worse than the mess Adam Shankman created this year.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #247
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Star Trek film few days ago. Bit cheesy but all in all good stuff, I recommend it.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 AM   #248
country flag Dimitra

Dimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond repute

I watched ToyStory 3 and I think the reviews are fully justified!It was as always tear jerking,funny as hell and I am so that we (most probably) won't get to see any more of that amazing world Pixar has made!

Also saw the new Shrek and didn't like it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
It was so great. I watched the first one about 5 times in theaters when I was 6 and saw the second one that many times as well, so I had high hopes for this one. The ending was so beautiful, I actually cried. 3 times. I loved the new characters so much, especially Ken and Lotsa the Bear. Pixar saved my childhood
Ken the best moment was when in the austronaut suit and the highheels and the bookworm didn't find it weird
Everyone should go watch this movie.
There is nothing better than good cartoons.

Miloska

Dimitra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #249
Ivanatis

so with the new Toy Story movie being a massive success and probably having the animated Oscar in the bag, let's see what other animated films will there be in the second half of 2010:

July

Despicable Me - relatively unknown creators and cast, Steve Carell to carry the whole thing, pretty good reviews by the very few who saw it at some festival already

September

Alpha and Omega - about two wolves, creators and voice actors no really big names, will be forgotten soon, but deserves the mention for being Dennis Hopper's final film

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - yes an owl movie, with Helen Mirren and Geoffrey Rush in it, probably particularly recommendable for Harry Potter fans

November

Megamind - by Tom McGrath (Madagascar movies), gets its main boost from Brad Pitt voicing the superhero main character

Tangled - Disney's 2010 animated, loosely based on Rapunzel with Mandy Moore and Zachari Levi in the main roles, from the trailer it looks more promising than Princess & Frog and it has the legendary Alan Menken in it taking care of the music

December

The Illusionist - year ends with a boom with this animated from Sylvain Chomet (Triplettes de Belleville) based on the work of Jacques Tati, looking forward to seeing this one almost as much as to Toy Story 3

Yogi Bear - from Eric Brevig known for special effects much more than for animation, Yogi Bear will be Dan Akroyd and there's Timberlake in it too, I'm afraid this one will suck

??????
Hoodwinked Too! Hood VS. Evil - this sequel could go straight to DVD, finished, but no release date yet and no Anne Hathaway this time, but Glenn Close retook her role
Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #250
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard brilliant things about Toy Story 3, gotta go see it sometime
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #251
Ivanatis

It's the 51st birthday of one of my absolute favourite actors today: Vincent D'Onofrio. Most people surely know him for his recently finished, 10-year-long lasting work as Detective Bobby Goren on Law&Order: Criminal Intent, but he's done a lot more despite being being a late starter.

He appeared for the first time in a movie at the age of 28. His most famous roles on the big screen inclued slow-witted Private Pyle in Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, Orson Welles in Ed Wood and of course the bug guy in Men in Black Shortly before launching CI he opposed J-Lo in The Cell, one of her more solid movies, as a comatose serial killer.

With Bobby Goren being fired from Major Case squad there will be quite some nice movies with Vince in the leading role coming up, such as Down and Dirty Pictures (2011), where he'll play the part of Harvey Weinstein. Should be great fun. Most recent performances include Brooklyn's Finest and this year's Oscar-winning short The New Tenants.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #252
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't wait for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender to come out but it turns out Shyamalan has screwed it. The viewers' reviews on imdb are very bad and most viewers are giving the movie 1 or 2 stars and even those few who have rated it 4 stars are saying the movie was awful I'm a big fan of the animated series and loved the characters, storyline and everything about the Avatar. Too bad Shyamalan have screwed it. I haven't watched it yet and probably I won't. It is not possible all those posters on imdb are wrong, yes?

If you are interesred you can watch the trailer on the official movie site

http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/
Old 07-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #253
Ivanatis

yeah rather disappointing
and it's Twilight time again, few cinematic success, massive commercial success, never in doubt

a lovely little animated short I came across recently:

Predators will hit cinemas next week
after watching The Pianist, I really cant see Brody in anything else anymore, particularly not in an action movie
Old 07-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #254
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone went to watch Winter's bone?

Heard it's an early runner for the oscar.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #255
country flag Dimitra

Dimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday went to watch Eclipse even worse than the previous.

Miloska

Dimitra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote