movie stuff - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #196
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It is a monologue only in that you won't participate in a dialogue. Where do you live and do you believe private citizens have the right to muzzle the opinions of others? I asked those questions in an effort to understand what you are saying. But you don't want to answer.
How exactly my geographical location is important in this case and is relevant to the topic? I am not the topic here but the Oscar nominees/winners I strongly believe that if one crates something that has taken him/her all his heart he/she has the right to defend and protect his/her work (this is something I already said in my previous post, hopefully by repeating it you finally get to understand it). Why should anyone be allowed to make fun of somebody's work but the creator is not allowed to defend it? Truly, have you ever created anything? Have you ever worked on a project that has taken all your knowledge and passion? I believe you haven't just like I said in one of my previous posts. Yes, I approve of the free speech right but there should be a moral limit to it. Why is allowed to Baron Cohen to make fun of an entire nation like in Borat? If Cohen asked to make fun of Precious would it be OK for you knowing the director has created his own sad story? Is this what you call a free speech?

Quote:
I do not need to see Avatar to know what its political message is. There have been more than enough words written on that. I have not given an opinion on its worth as a piece of entertainment because that would be a personal opinion and I would need to see it first.
Yeah, right. If only movies could be understood by just reading reviews and other's opinions. You got the political message you say who knows it could be true. What about its humanity message? What about the beauty of the movie, emotions, characters? Did you get them too by reading reviews?
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #197
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
How exactly my geographical location is important in this case and is relevant to the topic? If Cohen asked to make fun of Precious would it be OK for you knowing the director has created his own sad story? Is this what you call a free speech?

Yeah, right. If only movies could be understood by just reading reviews and other's opinions. You got the political message you say who knows it could be true. What about its humanity message? What about the beauty of the movie, emotions, characters? Did you get them too by reading reviews?
You know I was not inquiring about your geographical location, but about your political location. That is, is your loathing of free speech and satire a result of living in a dictatorship where free speech and biting humour are banned?
I would love to see Cohen do a skit on Precious.

The beauty, emotions and characters of Avatar, I don't know, so have not given an opinion.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-09-2010 at 07:56 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #198
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you ever worked on a project that has taken all your knowledge and passion? I believe you haven't just like I said in one of my previous posts.
I spent 15 years on a single project. The fact that the published results have been questioned over and over is a testimony to how important other people see the results. If the publications had sunk into oblivion without causing debate, I would have been disappointed.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #199
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Almost all reviews praise Avatar's special effects but criticize the poor dialogue and obvious storyline... How is that a great movie? In ten year's time, new movies will have come that have much better special effects, where will that leave Avatar?

Well, at least this one didn't win the best movie Oscar, unlike the overrated Slumdog Millionaire.

The Hurt Locker was much better and the reviews show that.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #200
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I do not need to see Avatar to know what its political message is. There have been more than enough words written on that.

The best of it is that it's not sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
There is few things in life that I appreciate more than Nadal getting roasted. I'm serious, it brings me joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
to be honest, I just want to see Rafa lose. I get aroused when I see Rafa's heartbreaking moments
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #201
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ for both.

I'm glad 'Avatar' lost almost all.

My favourites were 'Precious', 'An Education', Carey Mulligan, Colin Firth and amazing animation 'Up'. I'm still sure that 'The White Ribbon' (Das Weisse Band) is far best foreign language film.

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #202
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Almost all reviews praise Avatar's special effects but criticize the poor dialogue and obvious storyline... How is that a great movie? In ten year's time, new movies will have come that have much better special effects, where will that leave Avatar?

Well, at least this one didn't win the best movie Oscar, unlike the overrated Slumdog Millionaire.

The Hurt Locker was much better and the reviews show that.
Next year no one except Kathrin Bigalow will remember The Hurt Locker
Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #203
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post

It's not like she's my favorite actress or something. I like her for her genre as I dislike Cameron Diaz and Anniston for the same genre
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #204
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post

It's not like she's my favorite actress or something. I like her for her genre as I dislike Cameron Diaz and Anniston for the same genre
My god, I'm not alone.

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #205
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Next year no one except Kathrin Bigalow will remember The Hurt Locker
James Cameron will never forget it.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 AM   #206
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Hurt Locker actor gay?

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #207
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

You want him to see your bomb?

The Hurt Locker winning Best Picture

Jeff Bridges winning Best Actor

Sandra Bullock winning Best Actress

Kathryn Bigelow winning Best Director
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #208
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
You want him to see your bomb?
That is a bad analogy...

Sure, he would rip off your clothes to get to the bomb, but after that he'd be extra careful NOT to trigger you, then cut off the part of you that detonates and keep that in a box under his bed.

I would consider that a bad date.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #209
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And why is that? You didn't like to see a technologically advanced race exploiting another less technological one, ecologic problems or the ruthless means corporations use to achieve what they want and to make more money? What exactly did you despise about this movie? I'm far more worried about the ecological problems and the cutting of the rain forests than about American war heroes or the **** of a teenage girl.

Why should he allow that? Cameron has said many times that the movie is special to him. Why should he allow some tasteless people describing themselves as comedians to mock it?

Avatar has more audience than all the rest of the nominees+winner combined. I think they can't even make half of the Avatar's audience.
Keep hating on the movie but like it or not it will remain in the movies history it has broken a lot of records and every big film that comes out will be compared to it. The rest of this year's nominees including the winner will be forgotten like every other average movie. Because there is nothing big about any of them to remember.
I don't WANT to like it. I hate hugely popular things. The fact that forever, whenever I asked people what they thought about Avatar, they only spoke about how beautiful it was, told me it wasn't a movie worth my dollars. I wasn't pulling for any of the other movies because I only saw The Blind Side.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #210
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
I don't WANT to like it. I hate hugely popular things. The fact that forever, whenever I asked people what they thought about Avatar, they only spoke about how beautiful it was, told me it wasn't a movie worth my dollars. I wasn't pulling for any of the other movies because I only saw The Blind Side.
Why? Cause its call to not like stuff everyone likes since it makes you special?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote