movie stuff - Page 114 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #1696
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Oscar nominations with some surprises http://www.imdb.com/oscars/nominations/

No Affleck, Bigelow or Tarantino in director. Replaced with Benh Zeitlin and Michael Haneke. No original screenplay nom for PTA. Riva and Wallis in actress over Mirren and Cotillard. John Hawkes missing out. Jacki Weaver getting in. No DiCaprio. Batman shut out of the tech categories.

Seems to be between Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook for best picture.
Out of all you have mentioned I only regret they have overlooked Leo DiCaprio once again. I am wondering what more could he do as an actor to receive an Oscar. He has amazing, very interesting characters in his filmography and he portrayed them perfectly.
Hope Skyfall wins in Best Song and in Cinematography. That's about the only categories I have a fav and care about.
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #1697
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Homeland, Damian Lewis and Christoph Waltz win Golden Globes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #1698
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with Lewis or Danes winning but Homeland went off the rails in the second half of Season 2.

Affleck wins again. Everyone must be pretty angry with the director branch of the Academy Liked his shout out to PTA
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #1699
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

It was difficult for Homeland to follow S1 but I felt they did a good job though even though there were a few questionable plot lines.

How did Damian Lewis not win the Golden Globe for 2011?!

Last edited by Kolya : 01-15-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Kolya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #1700
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah they went for Kelsey Grammer in Boss It's best never to take the Globes too seriously.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #1701
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

2012 turned out to be a great year for movies. The 3 movies that made the most money were great movies and many many of the award season movies are outstanding.

How could the Academy snub Affleck for director? I hope he wins at the DGA. Argo has everything going for it. Glad the BAFTAs acknowledged him.

Life of Pi is still my favorite movie of the year, but should Argo win BP, I would not be offended.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #1702
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
It was difficult for Homeland to follow S1 but I felt they did a good job though even though there were a few questionable plot lines.
Examples?
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #1703
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Examples?
Homeland Season 2 Spoilers!!!
Everything that happened after Nazir arrived in the US pretty much. Not to mention the side plot of Dana and the VPs son killing a woman. There was also a lot of small things, like Carrie falling over when chasing Nazir or Carrie and the one agent getting seperated from the group when they discover Nazir. Or Brody managing to be alone forever in the VPs office in order to get the pacemaker number. The complete lack of development for Roya.

A lot of small contrivances, coupled with some hard to swallow twists basically.

I like Damien Lewis but I would like to see the show shift focus from Brody. Never going to happen though.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #1704
country flag Kolya

Quote:
Homeland Season 2 Spoilers!!!
Everything that happened after Nazir arrived in the US pretty much. Not to mention the side plot of Dana and the VPs son killing a woman. There was also a lot of small things, like Carrie falling over when chasing Nazir or Carrie and the one agent getting seperated from the group when they discover Nazir. Or Brody managing to be alone forever in the VPs office in order to get the pacemaker number. The complete lack of development for Roya.

A lot of small contrivances, coupled with some hard to swallow twists basically.

I like Damien Lewis but I would like to see the show shift focus from Brody. Never going to happen though.
Some other things:

Nazir capturing Carrie in broad daylight in a car crash with no witnesses.

Nazir turning into some ninja to evade these specially trained SWAT officers numerous times in an abandon building.

Brody sending that text message from I assume a secure room in Washington D.C. to save Nazir in Beirut.

The CIA not following Brody when he went to meet the VP especially when they know he had planned to kill him.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #1705
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Some other things:

Nazir capturing Carrie in broad daylight in a car crash with no witnesses.

Nazir turning into some ninja to evade these specially trained SWAT officers numerous times in an abandon building.

Brody sending that text message from I assume a secure room in Washington D.C. to save Nazir in Beirut.

The CIA not following Brody when he went to meet the VP especially when they know he had planned to kill him.
Yup. Some terribly lazy writing.

And it's a shame because the show is willing to take risks. Since season one things happen when you just don't expect them to. The reveal of Brody's tape at the end of the second episode was a great example of this. Yet by willing to make reveals like this way ahead of the expected time, they seemed to be left in a position of needing to constantly top themselves, and the only way to get away from that is to start fresh with a new case.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #1706
country flag Kolya

Very true, revealing Brody as a terrorist early was good in a sense they didn't drag it out what we all knew but it did leave them open to pushing themselves to create new stories as you said.

Someone joked that S3 will be a version of this: Quinn and Saul v Brody

Last edited by Kolya : 01-17-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Kolya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #1707
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Homeland, Damian Lewis and Christoph Waltz win Golden Globes
Homeland is an awesome show
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #1708
country flag Crystalised.

Crystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oscar nominations with some surprises http://www.imdb.com/oscars/nominations/

No Affleck, Bigelow or Tarantino in director. Replaced with Benh Zeitlin and Michael Haneke. No original screenplay nom for PTA. Riva and Wallis in actress over Mirren and Cotillard. John Hawkes missing out. Jacki Weaver getting in. No DiCaprio. Batman shut out of the tech categories.

Seems to be between Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook for best picture.
Not nominating Bigelow is such a travesty.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #1709
country flag Kolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisprince View Post
Homeland is an awesome show
We all know that
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #1710
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

If you love Stanley Tucci, you should watch Murder One if you have not already.

Also, if you are fond of Star Trek TNG and Jean-Luc Picard, have a look at this:

BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote