movie stuff - Page 113 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #1681
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post

Oooooohhh boy. Lots and lots of them I really like American cinema from the 1970s though. Stuff like Chinatown, Taxi Driver and dozens more. Probably because that was the period I started with when I started actively seeking out acclaimed films to watch.
now i know who to blame for the inflated scores of 70s film on imdb. most films from this decade range from average to awful, there only couple of stands out as you already listed. i feel most of these films fall under exploitation films and lack great narrative or storyline.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1682
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I went for the Trilogy screening in IMAX in Singapore. Fucking amazing experience. I wish I could do it again.
That sounds at the same time amazing and really physically taxing. Did you feel okay after it? I mean 6 or so hours in the dark with surround speakers blaring... I so want to go to a LOTR marathon some day but not sure I could take it, I'd feel half dead after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Also watched Tangled with her a few days ago, which is another awesome animation where I didn't expect anything good at all to come from.
I loved Tangled, such a cute film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
I have a crush on the chameleon

It was awesome.

Quote:
Oooooohhh boy. Lots and lots of them I really like American cinema from the 1970s though. Stuff like Chinatown, Taxi Driver and dozens more. Probably because that was the period I started with when I started actively seeking out acclaimed films to watch.
I love 70s era films too. The colours schemes were really great. Some of the best political thriller were made then. The Cold War was good for the cinematographers if nothing else.

Quote:
Good god, I've never watched any of the old classics. At least, not the ones you mentioned. The oldest films I watched were James Deans' films when I idolised him as a teenager. And old school Brando, not the fat man in the Godfather.

I need to watch Taxi Driver, seriously.
The fat man in Godfather was awesome. You have to watch Godfather I. and Apocalypse Now, seriously. I personally insist.

Quote:
Are you looking forward to this? Nolan is a producer.
Henry Cavill is really, really, ridiculously good looking. That is the entirety of my contribution to the topic of the new Superman movie.
(also, I love the red boots)

Quote:
As for Man of Steel, I don't intend to watch it. It feels too Dark Knight-esque. If Nolan directed it, however, I would watch it. I read somewhere that it was rumoured that he wants to do a 007 movie... Not sure my tardism for him would be enough to make me sit through 007 movie.
The new three are not bad, you haven't seen them yet?

Quote:
Asked this girl if she wanted to go see the Hobbit and she replied that she's never heard of it.

Just had to post this here, what planet do these people live on?
Planet TOWIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
now i know who to blame for the inflated scores of 70s film on imdb. most films from this decade range from average to awful, there only couple of stands out as you already listed. i feel most of these films fall under exploitation films and lack great narrative or storyline.
There is good and bad in all eras, but you can't say that when it was good in the 70s it wasn't fantastic. Even the trashy crime films (=Dirty Harry) were awesome.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #1683
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Yeah that's me with my 10,000 imdb accounts

Many of the acclaimed films do have a pretty loose structure yeah. That's why that period from the late-60s to the mid-70s is so highly regarded, because the film makers had more freedom. They were experimenting and playing around with genres and conventions. Plus you had the emergence of many iconic actors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post

I love 70s era films too. The colours schemes were really great. Some of the best political thriller were made then. The Cold War was good for the cinematographers if nothing else.
Yeah the aesthetic is part of it too.
Quote:
Henry Cavill is really, really, ridiculously good looking. That is the entirety of my contribution to the topic of the new Superman movie.
(also, I love the red boots)
I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
There is good and bad in all eras, but you can't say that when it was good in the 70s it wasn't fantastic. Even the trashy crime films (=Dirty Harry) were awesome.
The crime films are the icing on the 70s cake

Globe noms: http://www.imdb.com/oscars/nominations/golden-globes

Still have many films to see. So I'll only complain about no Mad Men in drama
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #1684
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's only overrated if you haven't followed the last 2 closely. TDRK practically lives off the story being told, which is amazing given how practically everything relates to Batman Begins and some of The Dark Knight.

In my opinion it's the greatest movie I've ever seen.
Saw it 3 times in the cinema, once in IMAX and most recently just watched it a few days ago on my friend's 70" HDTV on bluray with surround sound. Each time it's been amazing and me and my friend have actually planned to watch all 3 on bluray in succession with a few other friends one night next week. It's really endless the amount of 'minor' stuff you can keep picking up in relation to the whole trilogy.

Only problem with the movie as many have mentioned is that Batman isn't in it much, but besides that there's no other real issues besides some which I won't mention as they're spoilers.
Thanks for the input but the bolded quote just killed your credibility . Nah, jk, but seriously though it can't possibly be the best movie ever made. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
No, it's great. I watched it 5 times in the cinemas, thrice in IMAX. I'm a hardcore DarkKnighttard so you might wanna take my opinion with a pinch of salt.
I like Nolan's version of Batman, though Michael Keaton was great as well (Jack Nicholson as the Joker was brilliant). Though I'm slightly put off by the Nolan "hype", I tend to start being suspicious of anything that receives hype from people. I guess I have a touch of hipster in me . Anyways, I thought that Dark Knight was great, Inception was good but overhyped. Memento is probably my favorite movie of his that I can remember off the top of my head.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #1685
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

i saw looper last night, at times i saw the little kid and thought, this little boy is a future devil but at times i just wanted to hug him and then i wanted to kill him...

the end was open in some way but i hope the kid wont be little satan

good movie but whyyyyyyyyyyy beautiful men have to die???

things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #1686
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Asked this girl if she wanted to go see the Hobbit and she replied that she's never heard of it.

Just had to post this here, what planet do these people live on?
Is she hot?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #1687
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK we have to wait until the 11th of January to see 'Les Misérables'. As always, we draw the short straw, but who am I to care?

I hope it's worth the wait, and it just might be. So far, reviews have been good.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #1688
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Thanks for the input but the bolded quote just killed your credibility . Nah, jk, but seriously though it can't possibly be the best movie ever made. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion.
Well it's definitely the movie I've enjoyed the most the first time of viewing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Is she hot?
She's very good looking, definitely the girl I considered the best looking at my old uni, she's nice too which is the best part. Don't see what that has to do with anything though.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #1689
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well it's definitely the movie I've enjoyed the most the first time of viewing it.
Fair enough . My friends have NOT praised it though .
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #1690
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this one. It made me sob. Probably my favorite movie in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i saw looper last night, at times i saw the little kid and thought, this little boy is a future devil but at times i just wanted to hug him and then i wanted to kill him...

the end was open in some way but i hope the kid wont be little satan

good movie but whyyyyyyyyyyy beautiful men have to die???

OMG I love the kid. He is so cute. And he was so cute in the movie.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #1691
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Bafta nominations with some surprises:

Affleck nominated twice, no directing noms for either Hooper or Spielberg, 2 French actresses in the run for leading role...

No nomination for Suraj Sharma in the incredible Life of Pi is hard to swallow, the kid carries that brilliant movie on his shoulders.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #1692
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Oscar nominations with some surprises http://www.imdb.com/oscars/nominations/

No Affleck, Bigelow or Tarantino in director. Replaced with Benh Zeitlin and Michael Haneke. No original screenplay nom for PTA. Riva and Wallis in actress over Mirren and Cotillard. John Hawkes missing out. Jacki Weaver getting in. No DiCaprio. Batman shut out of the tech categories.

Seems to be between Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook for best picture.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #1693
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Beasts of the Southern Wild get recognition.

A load of the screeners have leaked recently too, so I've got a bumper couple of weeks ahead for me

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #1694
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
Nice to see Beasts of the Southern Wild get recognition.

A load of the screeners have leaked recently too, so I've got a bumper couple of weeks ahead for me
I've been fighting hard to resist watching Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty. Now Django has leaked too. Luckily they are all released here in the next few weeks.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #1695
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of love for Affleck for picture and director at the Critics' Choice. Difficult to understand the snub considering the fact that the Academy usually loves actors turned directors and movies that make lots of money... I have yet to see Lincoln, Life of Pi will be hard to replace as the film that should win it all in my book. It is a beauty.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote