movie stuff - Page 112 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #1666
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

It was shown in some cinema in Chinatown. The poster said "35mm marathon"...no clue what that means.

The emoticon I wanted to use was Would that have been better?
35mm is the width of the film stock

And no that is not very endearing either! It's like you don't want my vote
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #1667
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
35mm is the width of the film stock

And no that is not very endearing either! It's like you don't want my vote
I figured it was something along those lines. So what does that translate to in practical terms? How would the film look like?

Okay what about this: Take pity on me; I'm a philistine Dark Knight fan.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #1668
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I figured it was something along those lines. So what does that translate to in practical terms? How would the film look like?

Okay what about this: Take pity on me; I'm a philistine Dark Knight fan.
Yes. 35mm is the standard size. I've never seen anything in IMAX () but that uses 70mm. So it gives a higher resolution and wider frame. Though I'm no expert about this stuff.

Campaigning to my sympathetic side will do it every time.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #1669
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. 35mm is the standard size. I've never seen anything in IMAX () but that uses 70mm. So it gives a higher resolution and wider frame. Though I'm no expert about this stuff.

Campaigning to my sympathetic side will do it every time.
Ahh I see. You clearly know more than me about these things. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of a movie; I just enjoy watching them. How have you never seen anything in IMAX? This is what happens when you're not a Dark Knight tard.

Good to know it worked out in my favour, or at least presumably.

What are your favourite movies?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1670
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Robocop 2013...

I'm pissed.

I'm REALLY pissed.

Robocop isn't another fuckin superhero, I don't want more superhero movies, yeah, I know, Batman was amazing I was so happy, but Robocop is supossed to be an ACTION film. Really, WHAT-THE-FUCK?

DAMNIT, Look at that gay-ass robocop! What the hell is that?
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #1671
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Ahh I see. You clearly know more than me about these things. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of a movie; I just enjoy watching them. How have you never seen anything in IMAX? This is what happens when you're not a Dark Knight tard.

Good to know it worked out in my favour, or at least presumably.

What are your favourite movies?
I was actually going to see it in IMAX but it required a bit of travel so it fell through Maybe I would have loved it then

Oooooohhh boy. Lots and lots of them I really like American cinema from the 1970s though. Stuff like Chinatown, Taxi Driver and dozens more. Probably because that was the period I started with when I started actively seeking out acclaimed films to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Robocop 2013...

I'm pissed.

I'm REALLY pissed.

Robocop isn't another fuckin superhero, I don't want more superhero movies, yeah, I know, Batman was amazing I was so happy, but Robocop is supossed to be an ACTION film. Really, WHAT-THE-FUCK?

That does look pretty fucking terrible. It never even occurred to me they would change what he looked like But of course they were going to

Still, the cast is impressive http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #1672
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Robocop 2013...

I'm pissed.

I'm REALLY pissed.

What was Robocop about anyway? I was too young to know what I was watching when it came out.

Quote:
I was actually going to see it in IMAX but it required a bit of travel so it fell through Maybe I would have loved it then
Obviously, it was the lack of IMAX that impeded your enjoyment of the tremendous masterpiece that is the entire Dark Knight trilogy.

Quote:
Oooooohhh boy. Lots and lots of them I really like American cinema from the 1970s though. Stuff like Chinatown, Taxi Driver and dozens more. Probably because that was the period I started with when I started actively seeking out acclaimed films to watch.
Good god, I've never watched any of the old classics. At least, not the ones you mentioned. The oldest films I watched were James Deans' films when I idolised him as a teenager. And old school Brando, not the fat man in the Godfather.

I need to watch Taxi Driver, seriously.

Quote:
Still, the cast is impressive http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/
Not watching this despite the presence of Gary Oldman.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #1673
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Why does RoboCop look like some kind of metal Venom? Terrible stuff.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #1674
country flag tripwires

What's the point of remaking old movies? Shows a lack of originality (unless you are Christopher Nolan ) and it's usually not as good as the original.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1675
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Well, sometimes a director does see the old subject matter in a fresh new way and makes a great film (the Batman trilogy you are referring to is a great example), but usually it is just money talking. Easier to make money rehashing something you know works than going through the trouble of actually thinking of something new and using your creativity. Basically, it´s laziness at its´ worst.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #1676
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robocop 2013...

I'm pissed.

I'm REALLY pissed.

That outfit is fucking terrible. He's not Power Rangers ffs
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #1677
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robocop 2013...

I'm pissed.

I'm REALLY pissed.

Seriously WTF?!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #1678
country flag Ben.

Quote:

Obviously, it was the lack of IMAX that impeded your enjoyment of the tremendous masterpiece that is the entire Dark Knight trilogy.

Good god, I've never watched any of the old classics. At least, not the ones you mentioned. The oldest films I watched were James Deans' films when I idolised him as a teenager. And old school Brando, not the fat man in the Godfather.

I need to watch Taxi Driver, seriously.

Not watching this despite the presence of Gary Oldman.
I didn't hate the first two

I've been devouring films for five years now and I've barely made a dent myself Have only seen Rebel Without a Cause with James Dean too

Are you looking forward to this? Nolan is a producer.

Shannon as Zod should be good.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #1679
country flag tripwires

Quote:
I didn't hate the first two

I've been devouring films for five years now and I've barely made a dent myself Have only seen Rebel Without a Cause with James Dean too

Are you looking forward to this? Nolan is a producer.

Shannon as Zod should be good.
I think all three are great, but the third one is easily the weakest.

There are some classic films that everyone should watch though, and Taxi Driver is one of them.

As for Man of Steel, I don't intend to watch it. It feels too Dark Knight-esque. If Nolan directed it, however, I would watch it. I read somewhere that it was rumoured that he wants to do a 007 movie... Not sure my tardism for him would be enough to make me sit through 007 movie.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1680
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Asked this girl if she wanted to go see the Hobbit and she replied that she's never heard of it.

Just had to post this here, what planet do these people live on?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote