movie stuff - Page 110 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #1636
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Thanks Nice line up, though I've only seen Gere's film so far.
I've seen none of them, but looking forward to Django. I read that not Leo, but SLJ may be the MVP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Language_Film

weak submission from Germany, seen at least 10 new films this year better than Barbara

Spain looks interesting, a silent B&W corrida version of Snow White with the actress from Pan's Labyrinth
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #1637
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

So the final Twilight movie is actually decent?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #1638
Ivanatis

Looks like Spader really nailed his part in Lincoln

actresses roundtable: http://thefilmstage.com/news/watch-o...otillard-more/
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #1639
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #1640
Ivanatis

tonight -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375255/

I really want her to get it together again, but the reviews don't look good.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #1641
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
I went to watch James Bond and I wasn't pumped up at all because I didn't like the trailers but since my friends wanted to go so I went with them. Just because it is a Bond movie you know.
Man, I was so surprised to find out that Skyfall is actually a great movie. It was personal; it was emotionally involving and it was the best Daniel Graig's Bond movie IMO. The action and story were well balanced. Some of the dialogs were just Sam Mendes has done a great job
A big thanks to whoever has invented IMAX It is really a new experience in cinema. When they showed Shanghai I had the feeling I was flying over the city. Macau looked beautiful as well.
I recommend Skyfall. Go watch it, you won't regret.

Much better than I expected, too. The Shanghai scenes were so good.
There were some things that I was straining with effort to suspend disbelief for, not least the whole "Home Alone 5" part , but the cinematography in this film... wow. Even if everything else was so-so, and luckily it wasn't, it would be well worth watching for the imagery alone. Stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
So the final Twilight movie is actually decent?
... No.

Quote:
Looks like Spader really nailed his part in Lincoln

actresses roundtable: http://thefilmstage.com/news/watch-o...otillard-more/
James Spader is in this? Now I really need to see it.

How did you like Lindsay's portrayal of Elizabeth Taylor?
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #1642
Ivanatis

The Shanghai sequence was a thing of beauty. Pretty sure either this or Life of Pi will be my favourite cinematography for the year. I'd probably have watched the new Twilight film, but it wasn't shown in any of the theatres where my annual pass applies. It stood at 80% on rottentomatoes early on, which got me curious. Watched the first 35 minutes of L&D and it was pretty cringeworthy, the writing even more than the acting. Came as a bit of a surprise as the same guy wrote Temple Grandin. I haven't deleted it though, maybe finish later this week. Watched the latest Boardwalk Empire instead, which was .
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #1643
Ivanatis

Quote:
Thanks again
welcome, here's the last one with Affleck, Hooper, Lee, Russell, Tarantino and Van Sant

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-394576?page=2

Django will be even longer than Basterds
Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #1644
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Best news ever.

Quote:
The Shanghai sequence was a thing of beauty. Pretty sure either this or Life of Pi will be my favourite cinematography for the year.
Haven't watched Life of Pi, what's it like?

Quote:
I'd probably have watched the new Twilight film, but it wasn't shown in any of the theatres where my annual pass applies. It stood at 80% on rottentomatoes early on, which got me curious.
It's really not worth paying extra for, it was a good decision.
The cinematography is half-decent sometimes, the usual choice of dark shady colors (my favorite thing about these movies), but the rest is as campy and ridiculous as ever.
I can't believe that even by movie #5 they still haven't fixed the "vampire" make-up, it is just as obvious as it was in the other ones. As if the scenes weren't silly enough, you just get 100% transported out when you clearly see the white powder transition on the neck for everyone. I always gripe about the bad quality of the stage makeup first about this series, it is so inexplicable to me, considering their budget. There's time to make a CGI baby but not enough time to apply the makeup properly? ...
Watch it when you're for the lols.

Quote:
Watched the first 35 minutes of L&D and it was pretty cringeworthy, the writing even more than the acting. Came as a bit of a surprise as the same guy wrote Temple Grandin. I haven't deleted it though, maybe finish later this week. Watched the latest Boardwalk Empire instead, which was .
Poor Liz Taylor. One great thing that I draw out of it is that reading about it so much made me really want to re-watch Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf and Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #1645
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
welcome, here's the last one with Affleck, Hooper, Lee, Russell, Tarantino and Van Sant

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-394576?page=2

Django will be even longer than Basterds
Loved it. I have something from all of these guys in my collection

Great to hear how Tarantino discovered Howard Hawks. He is just a film geek living the dream
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #1646
Ivanatis

There's so many superhero films out there, I keep mixing them up, especially where I never read the comics. But I like McKellen, so maybe gonna give this one a go. I see he was also in the previous x-men-movies. Totally went past me. Are they worth watching?

Not seen Life of Pi, it will come here around Christmas. But I surely will. Like most of Lee's work and I'm curious how he will master an Indian movie. And even if the story falls short, I'm certain it's a film where I wouldn't want to miss the big-screen experience like Tree of Life last year.

I rewatched Virginia Woolf not too long ago. All MTF smileys couldn't express what I felt when I saw the above scene the first time. I read somewhere that another Taylor/Burton film may come out soon, with Rachel Weisz. She's good, but she doesn't really fit the role either I think.

They already lost when they introduced the sparkling vampires. Although, that was probably intentional just like all the other over-the-topness to keep luring to lure the youth in huge masses into the theatres and they succeeded. Also, I saw some True Blood episodes and I didn't think it was much better. Don't know about Vampire Diaries, never seen this one. Guess people don't want to see Nosferatu-like vampires anymore today.

Quote:
Loved it. I have something from all of these guys in my collection

Great to hear how Tarantino discovered Howard Hawks. He is just a film geek living the dream
I got Lee, Tarantino and Van Sant. Maybe I will get The Town soon. Still hate that I missed this one in theatres. Oh well.. maybe it will be shown again at some point. Not much of a Lawrence/Cooper fan, so I'm pretty certain I won't be getting SLP. Although Bobby is in it and reportedly with a great performance again finally.. so we'll see
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #1647
country flag Ben.

Was going to see SLP today but it didn't work out. I will probably catch it next week, mostly to see Bobby D yes (Although I don't mind looking at Jennifer Lawrence )

I'm pretty sure there is a new American Dracula show coming by the guy who made Carnivale. It's on one of the networks though

Not much of this is untold, except by mainstream US media maybe. Still an interesting watch though and hopefully it gets a little crazier as it goes along
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #1648
country flag Harmless

Quote:
There's so many superhero films out there, I keep mixing them up, especially where I never read the comics. But I like McKellen, so maybe gonna give this one a go. I see he was also in the previous x-men-movies. Totally went past me. Are they worth watching?
I'm not terribly drawn to superhero movies either, nor am I into comics, but for P. Stewart and sir Ian, anything is worth watching.
They played Professor X and Magneto, respectively, in the first three X-Men movies. The movies are, eh, don't really know what to say, some people like them, some don't, depends on your personal taste. The cast is the thing I watched them for. Other than Patrick and sir Ian, you have Hugh Jackman (pretty good in his role), James Marsden (wonderful actor in general and he worked with what they gave him but the character is... not well written or well concieved so... sort of a lost battle from the start), then Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Famke Jansen, Rebecca Romijn (personal girlcrush at the time ), and Alan Cumming , sporting a German accent. In the last one, also Fassbender, McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence (new girlcrush ). And, of course, Kevin Bacon. As far as "teenage" movies goes, probably the best cast ever.
Watch it for the joy of seeing all these people on the same screen, it takes your mind away from the plot sometimes.
(X3 though, feel free to skip it... )

Quote:
Not seen Life of Pi, it will come here around Christmas. But I surely will. Like most of Lee's work and I'm curious how he will master an Indian movie. And even if the story falls short, I'm certain it's a film where I wouldn't want to miss the big-screen experience like Tree of Life last year.
Oh, I thought it was out last month.

Quote:

I rewatched Virginia Woolf not too long ago. All MTF smileys couldn't express what I felt when I saw the above scene the first time. I read somewhere that another Taylor/Burton film may come out soon, with Rachel Weisz. She's good, but she doesn't really fit the role either I think.
Yeah, not really. I love her, but I'm skeptical. Don't think anyone can, for that matter.

Quote:
They already lost when they introduced the sparkling vampires. Although, that was probably intentional just like all the other over-the-topness to keep luring to lure the youth in huge masses into the theatres and they succeeded. Also, I saw some True Blood episodes and I didn't think it was much better. Don't know about Vampire Diaries, never seen this one. Guess people don't want to see Nosferatu-like vampires anymore today.
It is honestly hard to say where the intentional campiness in Twilight begins and unintentional one ends. Everything about that story is just so bad it's difficult to even begin rationalizing it. When you watch it you're in a constant state of wanting to talk back to the screen. Have you seen the earlier ones? Twilight #1 is just pure, solid comedy. I watched Blazing Saddles around the same day as Twilight and I laughed more during Twilight. Like, guffawing, water-spitting laughter.
Never watched Vampire Diaries but I assume it's just more of the same.
My favorite vampire movie will always be Bram Stoker's Dracula (minus every scene Keanu is in, bless him. love the guy but... in his defence, putting him in the same movie with Gary Oldman is solidly unfair to him ). Love the visuals, liked the narrative more than expected, and of course - Gary Oldman. Gorgeous movie.
I also really like Blade #1.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #1649
country flag Harmless

Quote:
Was going to see SLP today but it didn't work out. I will probably catch it next week, mostly to see Bobby D yes (Although I don't mind looking at Jennifer Lawrence )

I'm pretty sure there is a new American Dracula show coming by the guy who made Carnivale. It's on one of the networks though

Not much of this is untold, except by mainstream US media maybe. Still an interesting watch though and hopefully it gets a little crazier as it goes along
Interesting, thanks for posting. Still sad Carnivale got canceled, I was so excited while it was broadcasting, I honestly thought it could lead US TV in a new direction.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #1650
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

i just finished watching "Remember Me" i hateeeeeee movies like that

first the girl in casino royal and now this?

i have a weak heart
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote