movie stuff - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #1561
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

So it has been officially announced that The Hobbit will be a trilogy.

This can only be good news.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...rticle4449726/
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #1562
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
So it has been officially announced that The Hobbit will be a trilogy.

This can only be good news.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...rticle4449726/
I hope they rapidly release them after eachother, and not wait 18 months like they usually do.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #1563
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

December 2012 and December 2013 as planned for the first two, Summer 2014 for the final chapter.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #1564
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
December 2012 and December 2013 as planned for the first two, Summer 2014 for the final chapter.
That's decent.

I need to re-read The Hobbit before December. Although I've got stacks of novels on my to-do list.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #1565
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
That's decent.

I need to re-read The Hobbit before December. Although I've got stacks of novels on my to-do list.
I can't read those books either Bilbo ot TLOTR. I can start them but they are so boring I can't finish them. So I am very grateful the Mr Jackson is willing to use his magic to tell their stories in an unboring way. I've watched the extended trilogy a few times already and I loved it each time. I expect more of the same with the new one. Although it will be some times before the extended version of the new movies are released. But perhaps not, movies are being released on DVD earlier and earlier these days.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #1566
country flag The Prince

Quote:
I can't read those books either Bilbo ot TLOTR. I can start them but they are so boring I can't finish them. So I am very grateful the Mr Jackson is willing to use his magic to tell their stories in an unboring way. I've watched the extended trilogy a few times already and I loved it each time. I expect more of the same with the new one. Although it will be some times before the extended version of the new movies are released. But perhaps not, movies are being released on DVD earlier and earlier these days.
Tolkien's narrative is of a very particular style, yes.

I tried to read TFOTR when I was about 10, found it utterly dull. Tried again a couple of years later and I found it thrilling.

Each to their own!

It seems DVD releases are being brought forward, but the one DVD I really want this year is 'The Hunger Games' and that will be nearly half a year of waiting, contrary to most blockbusters these days which may only take 3 or 4 months.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #1567
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Tolkien's narrative is of a very particular style, yes.

I tried to read TFOTR when I was about 10, found it utterly dull. Tried again a couple of years later and I found it thrilling.

Each to their own!
The Fjord Of The Rings?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #1568
country flag The Prince

Quote:
The Fjord Of The Rings?
The Fellowship Of The Ring!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #1569
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
The Fellowship Of The Ring!
So you did not read the 3 novels?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #1570
country flag The Prince

Quote:
So you did not read the 3 novels?
No I did, only a couple of years after I first tried to read them. When I first attempted to read the trilogy, I bombed out partway through the first novel. Second try, I waded through the whole series and I'm glad I did.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #1571
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I love this trilogy so much that I have lost nearly all ability to be objective about it. The 4-year wait was certainly worth it. I just saw it again in IMAX on Sunday and the sound effects were glorious. Only downside is that the dialogue was a bit drowned out by the sound. I'm gonna watch it again this weekend, in normal format this time.

I missed the opening scene the first time I saw it. It's probably a bit over the top, but omfg, fucked if my mouth wasn't hanging open the whole time. My only complaint is the Miranda Tate twist at the end that undermined Bane as a truly terrifying villain a little.

Also, Alfred was just bloody amazing in the few scenes he had. I knew what was coming the second time and still cried anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
haha not over the top much. they had to top the opening bank heist from TDK and they absolutely did. Yes, IMAX is the only way to see this, well worth the $$ and long drive out.

My biggest complaint is that it's too short and needed more breathing space. Would have liked it to be 3.5 hr long. I thought Bane's fate could have been handled a bit more precisely. This film is not without its flaws but they're small when you take in the scope, the story and sheer spectacle.

Your sig reminds me of how great all the Bruce/Alfred exchanges were. He didn't have much screen time but Caine had the most moving scenes.

Bane did have the best lines in the film tho. Bane vs Bats throwdown in the sewers (intensely brutal, can't believe Nolan put that in the film but it was a great salute to comic book fans), the football stadium speech, the Blackgate prison speech, the way Hardy delivered those lines was remarkable.
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #1572
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Killing Them Softly

Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #1573
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
haha not over the top much. they had to top the opening bank heist from TDK and they absolutely did. Yes, IMAX is the only way to see this, well worth the $$ and long drive out.

My biggest complaint is that it's too short and needed more breathing space. Would have liked it to be 3.5 hr long. I thought Bane's fate could have been handled a bit more precisely. This film is not without its flaws but they're small when you take in the scope, the story and sheer spectacle.

Your sig reminds me of how great all the Bruce/Alfred exchanges were. He didn't have much screen time but Caine had the most moving scenes.

Bane did have the best lines in the film tho. Bane vs Bats throwdown in the sewers (intensely brutal, can't believe Nolan put that in the film but it was a great salute to comic book fans), the football stadium speech, the Blackgate prison speech, the way Hardy delivered those lines was remarkable.
Was the audio really loud in IMAX for you too? I literally felt my ears hurting.

I agree that it's too short. I can't believe people have said it was draggy. Just like TDK, I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie; but unlike TDK, it never once felt like an over-assault on the senses. And I totally agree that Michael Caine had the most moving scenes. The last scene he had with Christian Bale was one of my favourite scenes in the entire trilogy - cried again the second time I watched it.

Yeah, hardy's acting was really mostly via the delivery of the lines since he was masked for the whole movie save for like 3 seconds, so that means his performance will be underrated. I only really appreciated how fantastic his delivery was the second time I watched it. He really embodied the character, which is why it's sad that his character's fate and te Miranda reveal were a bit anticlimactic. He should've been given a better treatment.

Lastly, sewer showdown - fucking amazing. Fucking. Amazing. Can't wait to watch it for the third time this Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #1574
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...itive-20120804
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #1575
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote