7.0 quake hits Haiti; could be 'catastrophe,' official says - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #46
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7.0 quake hits Haiti; could be 'catastrophe,' official says

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
Dr Evil

nice edit to DR
If I just posted ''DR'' the computer changed it to ''Dr.'' Posting ''in the DR?'' worked. Try it.

Pat Robertson, may his name be praised, announced that the earthquake struck because the Haitian slaves made a pact with the devil, who helped them overthrow the French. He wants people to send him money because of this disaster.

How else could you know if a tsunami was coming, if you don't go to watch the sea?
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #47
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
There're already (heartless, scum of the world) scam artists asking for donations to help Haitians. Please make sure it's a trust organsation before you send any money.
www.ifrc.org in my case ...I got the site from BBC I think

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #48
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, time to line the pockets.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #49
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Are AT&T And Sprint Making Money Off Of Your Text Message Donations?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34850532...ence-wireless/

MSNBC asked Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint whether or not they're charging for the popular "text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10" meme that's been going around online for the past two days, and that so far has raked in over three million dollars. Verizon and T-Mobile say they're not. Sprint says they are, but that if you just upgrade to an unlimited text message package then you won't have to worry about it. AT&T has announced it will waive fees for donations, and apply the exemption retroactively to those who have already donated.

What makes this even more ridiculous is that text messaging costs carriers next to nothing--it's almost pure profit. AT&T and Sprint have apparently decided that they'd like to get in on the Haiti disaster and make a little something something off of the goodwill of their customers. My suggestion: if you're an AT&T or a Sprint customer, donate some other way.

Beware of bogus online ‘help’ for Haiti

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34845486...ence-security/
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #50
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I donated to Doctors Without Borders by way of SHARE (Skeptic and Humanist Aid and Relief Effort). Pat Robertson will not get a cent of it.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #51
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
This.

My mother is Haitian and I went to the country when I was 16. The people there are the nicest, hardest working people around, but we're the poorest country in the western hemisphere. People live in shacks just trying to get by. There are trees in the middle of the "road". No one has pretty much anything at all. And through all this, Haitians are always optimistic and cheerful.

Its such a shame that this country has had to endure this

You don't think the tin shacks would be susceptible to the earthquake?
I was going to ask you about this. I remember a while ago you said your mother is from Haiti. Do you have any family there still?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #52
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
I was going to ask you about this. I remember a while ago you said your mother is from Haiti. Do you have any family there still?
Yes, plenty.

I have heard that everyone is alive and well, but damage to their homes. My uncle had been working his ass off for at least a year to open up a gym near PAP, and was set to open it up in February, but it is now a pile of concrete
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #53
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, plenty.

I have heard that everyone is alive and well, but damage to their homes. My uncle had been working his ass off for at least a year to open up a gym near PAP, and was set to open it up in February, but it is now a pile of concrete
that's good news they're all well...

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #54
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, plenty.

Glad they are well and alive. The rebuilt process will be slow and tough but at least they have the chance to start over again.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #55
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Israel to set up field hospital in Haiti

Physicians, rescue teams to leave for quake-struck country Thursday evening; Clinton cuts short trip to Asia-Pacific region to deal with crisis; one Israeli still missing.

Israel will send a delegation to establish a field hospital in Haiti, Foreign Ministry spokesman Yossi Levy said Thursday.

The party sent to set up the hospital will include 40 doctors and 24 nurses, and is scheduled to leave Thursday evening. The hospital, capable of treating 500 patients, will include an intensive care unit, two operating rooms, a pharmacy, and an X-ray lab.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #56
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post

Physicians, rescue teams to leave for quake-struck country Thursday evening; Clinton cuts short trip to Asia-Pacific region to deal with crisis; one Israeli still missing.

Israel will send a delegation to establish a field hospital in Haiti, Foreign Ministry spokesman Yossi Levy said Thursday.

The party sent to set up the hospital will include 40 doctors and 24 nurses, and is scheduled to leave Thursday evening. The hospital, capable of treating 500 patients, will include an intensive care unit, two operating rooms, a pharmacy, and an X-ray lab.
We're good with mass-casualty events, sigh.
They put everything up within one night. They also sent in the army rescue units, with trained rescue dogs, hopefully there still people to rescue. If the country wasn't so hot, people would have had better chances, but buried people are probably dying from the heat and because they have no water, and not just from any injuries they sustained during the quack.

So many people injured and lost. Sigh - what a nightmare this is, this country didn't have anything to begin with, now they have even less.

Last edited by Or Levy : 01-16-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #57
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post

haha.

so what?

seems your only contribution in this thread has been to try score points for Israel.

you're like a caricature of a cynical, opportunistic lobbyist.

Cuba has permanent field hospitals there. Venezuelan aid was the first to arrive in Haiti. Don't see you chiming in about them.

maybe Israel can bring over some organs they harvested from Palestinian prisoners eh?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #58
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

agreed, henry. pathetic how some people use this sensitive topic to make propaganda for israel. as if this makes their bad reputation any better.

Last edited by Bilbo : 01-16-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #59
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
haha.

so what?

seems your only contribution in this thread has been to try score points for Israel.

Cuba has permanent field hospitals there. Venezuelan aid was the first to arrive in Haiti. Don't see you chiming in about them.

maybe Israel can bring over some organs they harvested from Palestinian prisoners eh?
With all due respect, Cuba and Venezuela are a little closer to Haiti than Israel. The flight alone is probably like 16 hours.

I agree that Israel Propaganda has no business on this thread, but it goes both ways, if she was talking about another country's efforts, you wouldn't have said anything.

(and the organ comment was uncalled for, re-stating a known lie for the sake of a cheap shot?)
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #60
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
haha.

so what?

Very nicely stated.

I mean, I have lived in the Dominican Republic for 18 years, so the Haiti issue is quite a problem for Dominicans, including my family and friends too. We are aware that Haiti needs help, it is just pure devastation, but now, unless the aid is distributed properly there is going to be chaos spreading all over Haiti, the Dominican Republic and perhaps part of south Florida. I repeat, the main problem is proper distribution of aid, they are going to have to get creative unless they "want" a situation beyond solution.

The Israel help is certainly appreciated, but one thing you mentioned is true. Unless they settle the situation and create a Palestinian State it is hypocritical for Israel to help Haiti, when they have the issue of the Palestinians to solve, which is quite severe.

So far everyone cares about Haiti, not only because of the actual incident, which was awful, but because it is the news all the time. I suspect once this mess is cleaned up, we will find out about other international events that may have been shrouded by too much coverage of what happened in Haiti.....