Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Madrid R3 vs Ferrer - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #106
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb

Hello, I'm new on the forum and a fan of Cilic.
I think he played great in the AO, not only in terms of results but also in terms of playing style.
He went to the net a lot more, which is good to see. I think Ivanesivic will do well in improving this volleys and in that way adding a good variation to Cilic game.
If he keeps improving like this, he could prove to be the revelation of the year, I think this could become his breakthrough year.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
DAVID GOFFIN - NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MILOS RAONIC - JERZY JANOWICZ
STANISLAS WAWRINKA - JOHN ISNER
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #107
country flag tashanv

tashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
goran looks like homeless
That's funny.Your right he looks kind of homeless there !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr 1 Fan View Post
Hello, I'm new on the forum and a fan of Cilic.
I think he played great in the AO, not only in terms of results but also in terms of playing style.
He went to the net a lot more, which is good to see. I think Ivanesivic will do well in improving this volleys and in that way adding a good variation to Cilic game.
If he keeps improving like this, he could prove to be the revelation of the year, I think this could become his breakthrough year.
Aww Welcome I'm glad you decided to join us here !And I agree with all the nice things you said about Marin !

And you have great taste in tennis players(I'm also in love with Del Potro) .

My name is Tasha by the way.Whats your name?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MARIN CILIC
JUAN DEL POTRO
GILLES SIMON
Mario Ancic
tashanv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #108
country flag australka

australka is on a distinguished road

hehe i love the pictures of goran oh how i miss him
good luck to marin in lovely zagreb. i just hope hes not too tired and jetlagged.
AJDE MARINE do it for your fans and defend your title
australka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #109
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashanv View Post
That's funny.Your right he looks kind of homeless there !

Aww Welcome I'm glad you decided to join us here !And I agree with all the nice things you said about Marin !

And you have great taste in tennis players(I'm also in love with Del Potro) .

My name is Tasha by the way.Whats your name?
My name is Jos. Yes, I'm fan of Cilic and Del Potro, hope this will become a great rivalry in the future (very likely I think).

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
DAVID GOFFIN - NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MILOS RAONIC - JERZY JANOWICZ
STANISLAS WAWRINKA - JOHN ISNER
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #110
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

who wouldn't want goran as their coach...especially after such a stressful tournament in australia. marin should be relaxed this week and have fun. will be interesting if he and ivo clash in the quarters
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #111
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb R1 vs Hajek

I think Goran chose to be a coach not just because he did want to get a new play but he does love the guy, and he found something similar in his feeling I mean Marin is such a good guy, some love him, some will for sure give him respect even he is not their cup of tea
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #112
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Well, wednesday in center court (Cro time):

Illya MARCHENKO (UKR) - Ivan DODIG (CRO)

not before 13:45
Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA) - Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO)

not before 17:00
Marin CILIC (CRO) - Jan HAJEK (CZE)
Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #113
country flag linus

BTW... on Zagreb official site there was one article yesterday "Cilic: I have reached Top 10 but I still have goals"

Quote:
ZAGREB - Start of the last season was great for Marin Cilic, as he won Zagreb and Chennai and reached 4th round of the Australian Open during the first 40 days of 2009. But this year might be even better! He won Chennai again and advanced to the semifinals of the Australian Open. It means that during this week he will be ranked as number 10 on ATP singles rankings, which is his best rankings ever.

"Season has started better then I expected. For the first time in my career I had to defend an ATP title in Chennai and pressure on me was higher than usual. I gained extra experiance at the Australian Open and I am more than satisfied with the level of my game. My tennis against Juan Martin del Potro and Andy Roddick was great. I opened a new window for the upcoming months and already have 1000 points", Cilic said in fron of the media in the tournament's press office on Monday.

Did you have enough time to rest and adjust to the different time zone?

"I arrived on Saturday and got some rest, but the most important thing was not to get lazy. It will be all under control on Wednesday."

How do you feel as member of the elite Top 10 club?

"Nothing has changed so far. I still want to advance, to play better, to learn something new during every practice session. By reaching Top 10 I took some pressure off my back but I still have goals."

You practiced with Goran Ivanisevic on Sunday. How was that arranged?

"We discussed that at the end of the last year. Goran said he wanted to help me and that's great. I really think that his experience will be of great help and that I will get some very useful advice to use in my game."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zagreb_press_01.jpg (70.9 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg Zagreb_press_02.jpg (154.6 KB, 223 views)
Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #114
country flag linus

Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb R2 vs Koellerer

After easy win over Hajek, Thursday will come Koellerer Ajmo Marin

CENTRE COURT, start 11:30

Michael BERRER (GER) - Petar JELENIC (CRO)

not before*13:45
Lukas LACKO (SVK) - Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO)

Marin CILIC (CRO) - Daniel KOELLERER (AUT)

followed by
Alexandre SIDORENKO (FRA) - Ivo KARLOVIC (CRO)
Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #115
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Marin exudes confidence Excellent serving today, among other things.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #116
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

great serving today...what a turn-around from chennai where marin didn't play too well and had to really fight hard to defend his title. 12-1 on the year, right? let's make it 15-1 (just like goran did one year if i remember correctly)
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #117
country flag linus

Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb QF vs Karlovic

I watched his two rounds matches while my project jobs cost me too much time, hard to find enough time to discuss them with you all, sigh, anyway, later still better than never, lets come later

from Zagreb official site, after 62 62 against Hajek, Marin said
Quote:
"It was better than expected. And, the most important, match did not last long"
while after 62 61 out Koellerer
Quote:
Cilic lost only seven points on serve and never faced break point. In two matches in Zagreb he spent only 1:57 hour on court. Asked if he decided to play short matches after some long ones in Australia he said:
"No, it does not go that way. It just happened. I am in good shape, have no more ups and downs (in my game)."
Quote:
Speaking about playing Karlovic he added:
"It won't be easy, that's for sure. Among all players left in the tournament he is the toughest one. It's tricky to play against him. I know him well, we practised a lot together, but we never played each other. It will be decided by nuances."
on Friday

CENTRE COURT, start 13:45

Michael BERRER (GER) - Viktor TROICKI (SRB)

Marin CILIC (CRO) - Ivo KARLOVIC (CRO)

followed by
Jurgen MELZER (AUT) - Illya MARCHENKO (UKR)
Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #118
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb QF vs Karlovic

7:6 6:4 against Ivo. Take the title Marin
Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #119
country flag linus

Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb SF vs Melzer

Marin looked calm, concentrated on court, his serve went back to his good time for my memory, which made me believe that his Chennai and AO were trying something new

Thanks god that I didnt notice any bad sign for his fitness, which really made me happy. Ajmo Marin against left-hander Mezler, lets avenge

After 76 64 against Karlovic, Marin said
Quote:
Karlovic hit 24 aces but it was not enough to stop Cilic who now has eight consecutive wins in Zagreb. Cilic saved set point at 5-6 in the tie breaker, won three points in a row and made crucial break at the very beginning of the second set. He never faced a break point.

"Match was on the edge, just like expected. Ivo served great and I felt that he hit two or three aces in every game. But I was concentrated in every service game and kept discipline throughout the match."
While ahead the coming semifinals, Melzer said like this
Quote:
"He obviously comes with a lot of confidence after reaching the semis at the Australian Open and the Top 10 for the first time," commented Melzer, who has a 21-4 record against Croatian players. "Also he is the defending champion, so he knows how to win here. But I won our last match and we always had tight matches."
Saturday

CENTRE COURT, start 17:00

Marin CILIC (CRO) - Jurgen MELZER (AUT)

followed by
Michael BERRER (GER) - Philipp PETZSCHNER (GER)
Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #120
country flag oranges

Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Zagreb SF vs Melzer

Into the final

I thought he looked a bit sluggish today, perhaps AO is catching up to him. Good thta he has two weeks off afterwards.