Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Madrid R3 vs Ferrer - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #61
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO Quarters vs Roddick

another 5 sets MARIN
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #62
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO Quarters vs Roddick

OMG... I wanna cry
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #63
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO SF vs ?

Congrats to Marin and to all of you his supporters!!
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #64
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I'm so happy for him. His First SF, and it seems he breaks in the top 10 with this win
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #65
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to top 10 Marin and huge congrats for the semi
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #66
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO SF vs Murray

Well, round after round, I cared his first serve more and more, it would really almost kill me

While when I looked back, I started to pick Marin up along with Murray, Nadal, Gulbis, Del Potro and etc into my bag coz of close age to me, Marin at that time had much better 2nd serve than his first, he tended to have good results on clay. His good 2nd serve helped him to get challenge champion on clay, at that time his 2nd serve was nearly as good as Rafa on clay. But from the middle of 2008, I did notice his serve was improving, while acturally now I am still curious what is the reason his 1st serve down this year. But equally I am also curious how he went so far and make so many wins even 1st serve is worse I mean Marin must have got big improvements except 1st serve sometimes when you are young and have so many things to work hard on, you cant do them all at the same time. Gladly Marin himself knew this serve cost him so much wish him to get something calm down and try to keep his serve in safe area
Old 01-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #67
country flag linus

some Q&A from post-match interview, the complete version to check here http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...498534593.html

Quote:
Q. Do you think it(composure) will also help when you come up to a semifinal?

MARIN CILIC: I'm not sure. In this case I'm not sure yet. I think it's the biggest thing that gonna be in there for me is to try to recover as much as I can and to try to be ready that I can play on my level.

I mean, composure is nothing comparing to physical ability.

Q. Do you allow yourself to think about winning the tournament yet?

MARIN CILIC: No. No, I mean, I'm still far away from that. I mean, it's tough to think about that, especially in this case where I had three matches in five sets. It won't be easy.

. Do you have the game to take it to Murray or Nadal?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, I don't know. Today was tough match mentally. Like if I would compare it with the Del Potro match, I played way better. But it's not easy when you come into these stages of tournament where you didn't get to before too many times. It's not easy psychologically to be able to bring your best tennis when you need it.

But for Murray or Nadal, I mean, definitely whoever it's gonna be, it's gonna take also a lot of energy out of me. So we'll see how I'm gonna be able to survive.
Marin is indeed a frank guy he always shows sincere himself to ppl
Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #68
country flag linus

Lets take a read what Roddick said at Marin
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...495556531.html

Quote:
Q. What are your impressions of him as a young player coming through?

ANDY RODDICK: He keeps it together real well. Unlike a lot of the young guys who are very emotionally up and down, he doesn't beat on his chest, he stays the course, he's very deliberate, he hits the ball very well. Doesn't give an inch on the baseline. He literally sets up shop right behind the baseline and isn't going to be moved.

That's something to be dealt with when you're out there.
"he doesnt beat on his chest"... OMG, couldnt help laughing

Quote:
Q. Cilic has played two five‑setters in a row, three in the tournament. How much of a factor do you think that will be for him in the next round, two five‑setters?

ANDY RODDICK: It will be a factor. Guessing how much, I'm not sure. The good thing for him is that he doesn't ‑‑ because he stands so close to the baseline and kind of directs traffic, there's not a whole ‑‑ he rarely gets outside the sidelines. Similar to what Andre used to do as far as minimizing his movement because he's controlling the points. Similar to how Del Potro plays a lot. So that's good for him. I don't think he's going to be able to ‑‑ he doesn't really spread the court too much.

That being said, five‑setters are five‑setters. I'm sure he'll be a little tired. He'll probably be cheering for those guys to go long tonight.
Mr. Roddick, how I wish you were so right but Rafa withdrew

Quote:
Q. In terms of the young players you've seen coming through this game, his ability to get through the fifth sets, be unflappable, resilient, where would you put him in the group of young players you've seen in the game?

ANDY RODDICK: Oh, I don't know. He's definitely composed. I mean, I don't know where to rank people 'cause, you know...

I mean, he was the same after he lost two sets as when he won two sets. I think that will definitely serve him well over the course of his career. I feel like, you know, there's a lot to like about him. He just goes about his business, does it the right way, and seems like a very hard worker. You know, like you said, he doesn't give you any encouragement, like the feeling you're on top of him, even though I probably was for a little while.
I kinda understood his feeling
Old 01-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #69
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, very honest, straightforward and down to earth. I love it

Hoping he'll play a blinder in the semi If not, give it your best, in any case there'll be more semis n the future no doubt.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #70
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!
exams are over so Im back I watched Marin's AO matches and I must say that Im very proud of him! Didnt expect him to beat Delpo or Andy but he did it! finally in a SF of GS Hopefully he beats Murray again

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #71
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi. View Post
Hi guys!
exams are over so Im back I watched Marin's AO matches and I must say that Im very proud of him! Didnt expect him to beat Delpo or Andy but he did it! finally in a SF of GS Hopefully he beats Murray again
Welcome back

BTW... Andy-M seems full of confidence to win the day after tomorrow so Marin needs to take some energy back, God bless you, Marin

and from one Croatian article I read just now, Marin sent a text to his younger brother said he was ok but felt tired woo... wish encouragement from family could comfort him well enough btw... could anyone do me a favour, whether below the two guys, one is his father, and the other is his younger brother??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg w_f.jpg (23.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg w_yb.jpg (38.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #72
country flag oranges

That's his younger brother, yes. I don't think the other one is his father, they don't appear in the media often, but I remember him being older. Could be his godfather, who travels with him occasionally, not sure
Old 01-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #73
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
That's his younger brother, yes. I don't think the other one is his father, they don't appear in the media often, but I remember him being older.Could be his godfather, who travels with him occasionally, not sure
Thank you, dear when something goes to Marin, I always want to make it sure

Marin has two older brothers but he shows how he is a nice older brother as well I remembered he said something like that his younger brother often gave him good and creative advice for tennis I do love Marin being such a guy with many warm feelings
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #74
country flag oranges

Here's the family picture, they just ran a story how they intend to celebrate. From left to right, father, brother Milan and uncle

Old 01-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #75
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Here's the family picture, they just ran a story how they intend to celebrate. From left to right, father, brother Milan and uncle

Thank you again so much, dear

Younger brother is growing up, his face expression tends to be like Marin I think the two pictures I chose above were taken some years ago

btw... his uncle reminds me of some Balkan movie man I watched years ago