Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Madrid R3 vs Ferrer - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #31
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO R4 vs Del Potro

Marin DID make it, is it Real???
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #32
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Two more games, two more. Go for it on return
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #33
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

woooo... from the 5th set, Marin begins to find a real himself back
Old 01-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #34
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus View Post
Marin DID make it, is it Real???
I thought it would never happen 4/16 BP conversion. He took the first one he had to take the second set and then countless in later sets with almost nothing to show for it
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #35
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
I thought it would never happen 4/16 BP conversion. He took the first one he had to take the second set and then countless in later sets with almost nothing to show for it
I couldnt help thinking of something like that just like us, Marin didnt be satisfied with himself at all, since he couldnt raise up his 1st serve, couldnt bite the cruel points, he must be asking whys to himself, so at some point, he lost a little bit confidence on himself. While we have to say Del Potro knows how to read Marin, not only his games but also his characters.

I did feel pain of Marin

Anyway, when he should wake up, he persuaded himself finally, it seemed
Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #36
country flag oranges

Time to serve it out
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #37
country flag oranges

And he does it, but not before wrecking our nerves some more Congrats Marin and good luck in quarters.

I need something to relax now, too much coffee too much tension
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #38
country flag linus

tough tough tough points to win

and finally Marin's supporters louded out
Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #39
country flag linus

At least the final set I watched two young twenties playing with powers in the middle of the match, I thought I was watching two old close to thirties

Marin, wish this win could help you much, wish kinda more enough to help you in the quarters

take care and ready for the next week
Old 01-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #40
country flag -junie-

-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute

whoo I thought I was going to have a cardiac before it was over. It's dawn here but now I am too excited to sleep!
Ajmo Marin!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #41
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Marin!

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #42
country flag linus

Default Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO Quarters vs Roddick

interview from AO official site: http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...332406859.html

Q. It was a hard way to make your first Australian Open quarterfinal. Tell us how did you do it in the end.

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, it was hard. But with lot of joy in the end. I mean, it was really tough match, especially first two, three sets where he played some great tennis, and I didn't even get a chance on his serve to break him till the end of the second set.

It wasn't easy to play him. I had to stay all the time really focused. I think the good thing that kept me in there was my serve. I wasn't going up and down so much. I think that was one key thing that I did well.

For the later parts of the match, I think in the fourth set I had some chances to break him earlier, but I think he also played there well. And I saw him that he was a little bit tired in those moments, so I just kept my focus till the end of the match, as I knew that I'm going to at least get one shot to break him.

Q. Did losing last year's U.S. quarterfinal to him have any influence in the way you approached today's game?

MARIN CILIC: Well, of course I took some experience from that match, and also from the match over here last year. It was different occasion. I played well since the beginning of the year. I knew what I could expect from him. The things he did in New York was easier for me to adjust here because I knew what could be coming and these things.

So I think I played some great points today. In my view to the game I think I approached very good.

Q. Did seeing him win the Open provide you with any extra motivation or self‑belief because you are so close in age?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, not really. I mean, he did that on his own. And for me, well, it's tough sometimes to judge myself with other guys or the other guys with me. Everybody has its own way.

But I think since that tournament, since US Open, I think I started to play much better. To win against better guys more often. Of course, here I had some tough matches in the first few rounds, and also that gave me a little more in one way that I was hitting a lot of balls. But also physically‑wise I was maybe a little bit skeptic what it was going to be. But today I felt really good physically, and that in the end was the main difference.

Q. How much has your game changed since you started working with Bob Brett? What kind of changes has he made to your game?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, we are working already three, four, five years, I'm not sure even. We've been always working on some things to improve. I think now I'm in a good position where I can look at myself, how I'm supposed to play. Definitely physical part is one thing that I improved a bit in this off‑season.

So that helps to play these long matches in a more consistent way. And also from the first few rounds, I had tough opponents, tough matches. So it just shows me how well I can play also, how well I'm prepared.

Q. Compared to the win over the Murray in New York, how is...

MARIN CILIC: It's different. With Murray, is completely different match. Obviously, I mean, he didn't play great there. But I did some good tactical things against him. It just opened like that.

But here, I mean, Del Potro knew I could play good, and we also ‑‑ I mean, we had also good match in US Open last year. It was different. Today I think he played well, really good, and maybe he was struggling physically. But, I mean, when he had the ball on his racquet, he was dangerous.

Q. To win it in five sets, more of a struggle versus New York, is that more satisfying?

MARIN CILIC: Doesn't matter. It's the same. Five sets or four sets, it doesn't make a difference for me.

Q. Can you talk about either Roddick or González as your next opponent?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, not much to say about them. They're both great players for guys who are playing at Grand Slams their best tennis. With González, I played here in 2008, where I won. So I think, anyway, I mean, whoever I'm going to play, it's not going to be easy definitely. I just have to I think recover good tomorrow and to try to be a hundred percent again.

Q. Do you feel ready to win three more matches?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, I was thinking what could happen today if it went to four sets, five sets. But I survived pretty good. I was moving great I think in the fourth and fifth set. So I'm positive about that.

I think day off tomorrow ‑‑ always day off brings me some refreshment. And I think playing now these more important matches is also a little more adrenaline, so you don't feel so much if you are tired or not. But I believe I'm going to be ready.

Q. Do you feel nothing to lose before the match?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, I'm coming also with good background. I played great matches, winning against Del Potro also shows that I didn't go in that match, not to lose anything. I mean, I'm coming here, came to quarters. Now I'm not going to let it go easy.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #43
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond repute

YESS Cilic well done
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #44
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Best win of his career.Amazing
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #45
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Marin Amazing achievement - well done and good luck against Roddick.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote