Sydney 1st Round: (WC) Ball/Huss d. (2) Fish/Knowles 0-1 ret. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
country flag Nev

Nev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney 1st Round: (WC) Ball/Huss d. (2) Fish/Knowles 0-1 ret.

What happened?

Genius1787
Nev is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney 1st Round: (WC) Ball/Huss d. (2) Fish/Knowles 0-1 ret.

Knowles retired but I dont know the reason.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
Knowles retired but I dont know the reason.
calf injury listed as the reason on the ATP website
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
country flag Nev

Nev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he had some trouble but waited until the beggining of the match to make the desicion...

Here's an article of Knowles taking Fish as a regular partner over the season:

After a successful 2009 campaign, Southlake resident Mark Knowles is entering the 2010 tennis season with plenty of optimism and a new doubles partner.
Knowles has parted ways with Mahesh Bhupathi of India after two seasons and four titles together. The Bahamas native will be joined in 2010 by American Mardy Fish, who teamed up with Knowles last year to win a title in Memphis.
"I’m real excited about the change," said Knowles, a four-time Grand Slam doubles champion with 52 career men’s doubles titles. "Not only is Mardy a great singles player, but he’s a great doubles player. He’s really hungry to achieve some of the results that I’ve achieved. He wants to win some Grand Slams. I think we have a good chance to do that."
Fish has won six career doubles titles, including Indian Wells last year with Andy Roddick. He also reached the semifinals at Wimbledon in July with James Blake.
Knowles said the decision to split with Bhupathi was mutual. Bhupathi will rejoin former partner Max Mirnyi of Belarus. Knowles and Bhupathi finished 2009 as the No. 3-ranked doubles team in the world. Mirnyi and Andy Ram were No. 5.
"We actually decided [to split] after the U.S. Open," said the 38-year-old Knowles, who is ranked No. 5 in the individual doubles rankings. "Mahesh felt like he wanted a change, and Mardy has wanted to play doubles with me for about a year and a half.
"Mahesh and I had a great two years, but I think it comes at a good time. He’s moving on to something different and I’m moving on to something different. I think it’s good for both of us because we’re both moving on to younger partners, which will kind of keep it exciting and fresh for both of us."
Fish, 28, is ranked No. 55 in singles and won the Delray Beach International last spring. He had left knee surgery in September.
"Mardy is going to continue to play singles," Knowles said. "But he realizes he’s got a great opportunity to do well in doubles. He’s such a great and gifted player, and obviously, he’s got a natural serve and volley game in singles, which is tailor-made for doubles. And when he has played doubles, he’s done exceptionally well.
"He really felt like he wanted to give it a good run and play a lot of tournaments and play all the big events, and see just how far he can go. He’s 100 percent gung ho to give it everything he’s got in doubles. The most important thing for us is that he stays healthy playing that heavy load. But if he does that, I think things will fall into place nicely." Knowles and Fish will kick off the season next week at the Medibank International in Sydney, which starts Monday, before moving on to the Australian Open in Melbourne, which begins Jan. 18.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1878125.html

Genius1787
Nev is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote