2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #151
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles.

Oh, my, I've just learned about Gilles pulling out. Losing his QF points, does that mean he will be out of the top 20?
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #152
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

crappy news, hope his knees better soon. urghhhh the sexiest player out of the oz open

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #153
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2010 Australian season - he won’t stop, he’s in Oz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Gillou

Quote:
Please be back soon but not before you are 100% healthy.

ALLEZ GILLOU!!!
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #154
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: 2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
Oh, my, I've just learned about Gilles pulling out. Losing his QF points, does that mean he will be out of the top 20?
no clue, but that's not the issue at the moment!!! it was the only rightful decision at the current situation!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
crappy news, hope his knees better soon. urghhhh the sexiest player out of the oz open
Old 01-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #155
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

A long audio interview on the FFT website:
http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2010/?ID=5821

Also on the first page:
"Je ne sens pas de douleur mais je crains qu'elle revienne. Je ne suis pas prêt."
I don't feel any pain, but I'm afraid it might come back. I'm not ready.

And a summary of the audio interview:
It's not a problem of pain, but of lack of confidence in his knee. He took the decision yesterday, it seemed the most sensible thing to do. The risk that things would turn out badly if he played was too high.
He will go back home and work on his leg to strengthen it so he can play without any apprehension. He just can't play like that.
He's disappointed, but he was prepared to it. He knew that it was going to be a 50/50 story and that it would depend on the daily improvements. And it didn't improve fast enough. So all in all, there's no disappointment. He knows there was no chance for him to do well on the court anyway.
The matches in Adelaide were important to test his knee, even if it was just 2 sets. The match against Steps was rather encouraging. But the next day, things became tougher. And even tougher on the 3rd day, while he was hoping it would get better with each day, on the contrary. So if he can't even play 2 sets, there's no point in going out there to play best of 5 matches.
The doc had warned him it was 2-3 weeks too early for his knee in his opinion.
He has sometimes played with niggling little injuries in the past, but this one is different, each time he's thrown back it is a matter of weeks or even months, so he can't afford to not take it seriously. He'll do everything required to get the knee sorted now. He will come back when he's ready, there's no hurry.
Those few matches showed that he plays quite well apart from the issues with his movement, he was striking the ball well when he didn't have to run. It's rather reassuring. He's done a lot of work out during the break, he hopes the work on his serve and his volley will also pay off and it's no wasted time.
But really, he can't say now when he's going to be back on the tour. "Rotterdam, Marseille, Dubai, the Davis Cup or even the States... I'll see."

Last edited by Truc : 01-16-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #156
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I love he's so honest about it, it's great for us. He must be aware it was a quite silly move, so he's brave to be so honest about the whole story, about what the doc had told him, etc.!
Good to know that he's not in pain and just finally realized it doesn't make sense - it was unnecessary, but he probably didn't aggravate the knee, just delayed the recovery for a couple of weeks, which really is no big deal.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #157
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
I'm glad Gilles took the right decision finally. Hope he is fully fit and back on the tour soon though, looking forward to seeing him in Rotterdam.
Me too!

Get well soon Gillou!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #158
country flag rtgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I love he's so honest about it, it's great for us. He must be aware it was a quite silly move, so he's brave to be so honest about the whole story, about what the doc had told him, etc.!
why do I'm not surprised.........hmmmmm

Quote:
Good to know that he's not in pain and just finally realized it doesn't make sense - it was unnecessary, but he probably didn't aggravate the knee, just delayed the recovery for a couple of weeks, which really is no big deal.
well thank heavens......he finally take the right decision

Thax Fran, you're amazing
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #159
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation Fran!

I'm so relieved he's come to his senses

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #160
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
I'm so relieved he's come to his senses
Ditto.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #161
country flag Shooting Star

Shooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond reputeShooting Star has a reputation beyond repute

Awww bless him! He must be gutted, he obviously really wanted to play to risk it even after what the doctor said, so he must be really sad now
But this is definately the right decision, if his knee isn't right, his knee isn't right, no matter how much he wants to play, or how much we want to see him in all his glory! Still very sad though, but sort of happy he's given up now, rather than mid-match having made it worse....
Shooting Star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #162
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god get well soon Gillou, worse bit is we won't get to see him for a while still
Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #163
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fran, for the translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
He drops 1 spot after the AO points drop. And then depends on how the players behind him do in AO, like Haas/Ferrer will need at least R4 to past him, Misha/Wawa/Rusty need Qf... I'll say he will stay in top 20 after AO.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #164
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

Meh! But it is a smart decision, I almost wish he'd made a similar one last season.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #165
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Autumn!! Great to have you back!

I forgot we missed your turning the big '3-oh' over New Years'; Welcome to the club Happy belated b-day!
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote