Do you know the pros don't actually use the racquets they endorse? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
Knotty Fort

Knotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you know the pros don't actually use the racquets they endorse?

I mean all of us know it to some extent, but the true extent of it really shocks me. Basically, most pros use racquets NOTHING like the racquets they endorse, and most of them are postly paint jobs. I learnt from a source that the pros actually have specially made frames that are made only in some place in Austria, and that the frames are not even customized from the frames that are sold in stores; they are completely different. For example, Nadal still uses the first generation Aeropro racquets. What happeens is most players only just get the paint job, but if you look closely you can see that the frames are totally different e.g. Murray's radical pro is completely different from the one sold in stores.

Seriously, this is just one huge scam. What do you guys think?
Knotty Fort is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you know the pros don't actually use the racquets they endorse?

You're telling me the sky is blue?
Of course they don't. The top players get custom-made stuff, entirely built to the exact specs they want, and endorsements are only there for the sake of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ merits to the brand that pays them for advertising. A paint-job left, right and center, and tons of folks apparently believe they'll be the next Fed, Nad, or Djoko, as soon as they spend their bucks to get the next 'very special' racket.

Haha. It's like getting a Fender Strat and then think you'll sound like Jimi Hendrix. It's called 'advertising', mate.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-23-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Stepanek is the only one who uses his real racquet probably

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Rain is wet.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder if one day someone will sue the companies for false advertising

because it is indeed false advertising. esp. if the racquet's brand in promotion isn't even the brand the featured player truly uses...
Old 12-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #6
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Next, you'll tell us that Nadal isn't a natural leftie.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #7
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised. If the racquet sucks the racquet sucks. Can't force the poor guy to cope with it if it is going to hinder his game.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
country flag RafaNadal2012!!!
Banned!

RafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond reputeRafaNadal2012!!! has a reputation beyond repute

Duh, everyone knows that. Old News. Obviously they used custom EVERYTHING
RafaNadal2012!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #9
country flag Synesthetic

Synesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotty Fort View Post
I mean all of us know it to some extent, but the true extent of it really shocks me. Basically, most pros use racquets NOTHING like the racquets they endorse, and most of them are postly paint jobs. I learnt from a source that the pros actually have specially made frames that are made only in some place in Austria, and that the frames are not even customized from the frames that are sold in stores; they are completely different. For example, Nadal still uses the first generation Aeropro racquets. What happeens is most players only just get the paint job, but if you look closely you can see that the frames are totally different e.g. Murray's radical pro is completely different from the one sold in stores.
I don't think Murray even uses a Radical. Most of the players with Head use a customised version of the Pro Tour (which isn't sold any more).
Synesthetic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #10
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal uses the original Aeropro line, with some extra lead tape strategically placed.

Federer uses the BLX 90, with a small bit of weight in the handle.

Everyone that can afford to customize, customizes.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's not a scam if everyone knows about it anyway. The majority of tennis enthusiasts/amateurs (the ones who care which racquet they hold in their hands) realize that fact
Nadal Verdasco Bolelli Lopez Almagro Fognini Dimitrov Mahut Phau Lacko Volandri Guccione Bozoljac Davydenko Darcis Haas Becker Dancevic Monfils Mathieu Ginepri Karlovic Montanes Kudla Cuevas Tipsarevic Kohlschreiber Seppi Monaco Andreev L.Mayer Tursunov Gil Ilhan Udomchoke Copil Ram Janowicz Llodra Rochus Brown
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic actually believed he had to use a Head racquet

Set him a year back.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

and night follows day .This is actually obvious
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote