The 2010 Fall/Indoor/Craptastic Off-Season Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 2010 Fall/Indoor/Craptastic Off-Season Thread

Just to get a new thread going. Andy tweeted that he's back training with Larry, feels good, and can't wait to get back on court again, so that's good.

http://www.insidetennis.com/2010/09/...actical-shift/
Andy the Aggressor: Does A-Rod Need New Tactics?
by Richard Osborn
Saturday, September 4th, 2010

FLUSHING MEADOWS, N.Y. — Andy Roddick will have time for some soul searching following his earlier-than-anticipated second-round exit at the U.S. Open. The Texan, who turned 28 on Aug. 30, had hoped to make the most of the Slams this year, which is much of the reason why he opted out of Davis Cup play. Seven years removed from his one U.S. Open title, he knows the clock is ticking. But the American surely had more in mind than a quarterfinal finish at the Australian Open.

In his upset loss to Janko Tipsarevic, Roddick, who may still be suffering the lingering effects of mono, appeared to lack gusto, and was unable to overpower the Serb. His shots simply lacked penetration. Afterward, some, including Tipsarevic, seem to question his tactics.

“He needs to be more aggressive,” said Tipsarevic. “He needs to change his game style a little bit, in my opinion, going for a little bit more, especially from his forehand…If he recuperates and starts being a little more aggressive — I’m not here to give tips – but definitely he needs to change something to win a Grand Slam.”

“He played well in Indian Wells and Miami. You figure he knows what he’s doing,” said Roger Fededer. “If he keeps that up, he’s going have a shot at another title. Obviously, it’s a big surprise for me to see him go out, even though Tipsarevic is a good player. I beat [Tipsarevic] at the Australian once 9-7 in the fifth. That was the phase I had mono, and so it’s kind of somewhat of a similar situation, I guess. Andy had signs of it now, as well. Him and his coach need to know what’s best for him.”

While his old roomie Mardy Fish noted Roddick’s lack of aggressiveness, the suddenly svelte Floridian pointed to Roddick’s considerable work ethic and said he still believes the former No. 1 can win another Slam or two.

“I’ve watched some tape of him when he won the U.S. Open in 2003. He’s certainly played a more aggressive style,” he said. “But I think he’s fitter now than he was back then, so he can rely on his legs a little bit more now. He’s no dummy. He’s going to play how he feels best suits him. He’s got a great team behind him that Larry [Stefanki]. They put together a game plan, and I guarantee you that’s how he’s going to play. That’s how they think that he can best play.”

Don’t hold your breath if you’re waiting for Roddick/Stefanki to completely retool their approach. A decade into his pro career, the ’03 USO champ will more likely take a good, hard look at the schedule the next two years, choosing his spots carefully in order to peak at the two Slams he desires most – Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-27-2010 at 11:19 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2010 Fall/Indoor/Craptastic Off-Season Thread

Well, good article, but...Andy wan't changee this and suddenly become a lot more aggressive. He is playing really aggressive in a couple tournaments per year, the rest is...you know what. He is playing that way for so many years now and I don't think we can expect some big changes at this point of his career.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

When is he supposed to play next? I've just been really bored.
OnyxRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Next week in Tokyo.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
country flag Viky-cro

Viky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond repute

found this on Djokovic News thread

so are they really playing an exhibition match in Korea ?
Viky-cro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human View Post
Next week in Tokyo.
Thank you.
OnyxRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think about Andy's chances to qualify for Masters Cup?
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viky-cro View Post
so are they really playing an exhibition match in Korea ?
Guess so

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Well. Andy could use the match practice.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
country flag illepingis

illepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond repute

andy has 10 points to defend this fall hopefully he can go up to atleast place 8

Tomas and Jonas we miss you

Serve and volley

http://www.vamosrafa.se/
Tennis tipping

Ranking 221
Good results Singles : W Sao Paulo Ch 2011 SF Vancouver Ch 2009
Doubles: Qf Vancouver 2009
illepingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

10 Points?!?
How did he get those 10?
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #12
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

He's happy to be there
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #13
country flag RoddickFan88

RoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone knows what time (local) will Andy - Djoko exho tomorrow ?

It will be broadcasted ?

2003 USO - Former No.1 - 32 Titles - 155 mph
RoddickFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
country flag rudylegh

rudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human View Post
Next week in Tokyo.
how is Andy now? is he ready for a great result in Tokyo??

thanks
rudylegh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #15
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

well andy's tokyo draw is not bad and he's playing doubles with de bakker. it's a 500 event so there is a lot of room for points here.

and someone posted some videos of the exho andy and novak did http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...7&postcount=16

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote