Soderking Video Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Thanks, Nastia. This highlights vid is by far the best one I've seen. Still, they didn't include my favorite point, which may be because it featured outstanding defensive shots from Robin, ones that I haven't been seeing very often this year. I wish they included the point at 1-1 30-0 in the first set where Misha hit his patented angular winner shot from right to left to Robin's Deuce side and Robin stretched out wide and just got a raquet on it and half lobbed it deep into the corner on Misha's Ad side. That is the one where Misha was so surprised Robin got the ball back that he looked at the ball fall in, and then had to a 180 and tried to hit a winner in the other corner on Robin's Ad side. Robin retrieved that one too and eventually started to dictate the rally himself and won the point.

That point was memorable to me at the time because I've seen opponents try that one on Robin and succeed time and again as it is thought his mobility out wide and short can be exploited. His movement was so good in that match, none of the of things the analysts preach as ways to attack him and his "mobility issues" worked for Misha. He pounced on every drop shot, got to every angular cross court shot and really seemed to just be in a complete flow in both his side to side and more importantly, his lateral movement. That is the part of his game that showed the most improvement from the matches in January. By neutralizing Misha's aggressive shots consistently, he was able to turn a point like that one into one where he started to dictate the shots again. Since Misha couldn't exploit his lateral movement or win long rallies, he had nothing left in his game plan. Robin did not try to end points too early but instead patiently hit at 3/4 power on a neutral shot and often subtly took control of the rallies because his 3/4 power shot is better than most other player's full power shots.

Youzhny is playing today in the Open 13 against Rufin just three days after he had to retire due to a hip injury. Obviously, his injury didn't turn out to be that severe.

I just checked YouTube and another highlights reel has been made that features more points, although the quality of the video is nearly as good as the one you posted. It does includes the point I referenced above at 1-1 30-0 at the 2:13 second mark:

Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 02-17-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #32
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished uploading:

Robin Soderling vs. Julien Benneteau, QFs Rotterdam
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9P3SSZ0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=708EQUR2

Robin won this match 6-0, 6-1.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #33
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

At one point earlier this week, I was afraid we were not going to get any decent copies of the Rotterdam Final. Now, in addition to the one listed on Monday in Spanish (great resolution, but no trophy ceremony), someone uploaded the full match in French up on YouTube including post-match ceremonies in 7 parts:

Robin Soderling vs. Mikhail Youzhny, Rotterdam Final 2009 (YouTube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUNs...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRM_M...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs9kN...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUNs...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjtQ9...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fLt...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuWHY...eature=related

Finally, I have uploaded the English Version to Megaupload (also includes the Trophy Ceremonies):

Robin Soderling vs. Mikhail Youzhny, Rotterdam Final 2009 (w/ Trophy Presentation)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLPQIPG9
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KX3T4974
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #34
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

check my sig for one of toad with his fans in Melbourne earlier this year
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #35
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've been working on saving high quality matches and had about 10 failures before my first success on Sunday. First release is going to be Soda/Korolev from Indian Wells on Sunday. Great victory, Robin, with the world's crappiest draw forcing you to play H2H match-up problems all the way through. First test and sweet revenge on Sunday officially passed by Soda.

The match will be uploaded later today and I will post the links. This success is a bizarre one, because the crew that caught the match only had one camera in the first set, and their tech team hadn't shown up, so they didn't even have the ability to show the score on the screen. Their tech team showed up at the start of the second set though, and all of sudden there were quite a few cameras and shots of both players close-up and they got the score, replays and professional looking shots all done well in the second set. I also figured out how to work with a flaky stream from bet365 that kept timing out on downloads by using 2 laptops to catch all footage. Since all this stuff contributes to a bizarre match to watch in the first set, please bear with those issues and enjoy the better production in the second set. Again, still have yet to achieve a complete success, but getting closer.

Match will be up in a few hours!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #36
country flag gam_jonte

gam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thanks for that! Your'e doing great work here, really appreiciate it!
gam_jonte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #37
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Korolev-Soderling.Indian.Wells.2010.2nd.incomplete (4 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #38
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya07 View Post
Korolev-Soderling.Indian.Wells.2010.2nd.incomplete (4 parts)
was added HERE
Thanks, Anya07!! My version is only 75% done. Did you record a version where there was only one camera in the first set up through game 6-2, 1-0 in the second set, and the tech staff hadn't arrived? That was a bizarre match to watch for that reason. All of a sudden, from the 2nd game in the second set forward, there are professional looking shots of the players (i.e. not just shots of the court from one angle and camera circling to focus on mountains between changeovers. I guess I'll download your version to see if it is Bet365 like mine.

I am sorry I am late with this match and probably good Anya beat me to get it out. I never realized what a pain in the butt this would be, or the numerous problems I would run into attempting to work with various proprietary .flv files and trying to convert them into a better format. I've come to learn that Adobe has a stranglehold with this awful flash software and put out various types in every stream so that one ends up downloadig about 30 different programs to try and convert different formats. I recorded the great Tsonga/Soda match too, and was sure I would get that one completed in a few hours, but found out the strream I used (UStream) used another variation on flv that is based on H264 and is not recognized by any of my previous software for a different kind of Flash (Verson 8). Moyea seems to have stranglehold on this software and produce $30 separate programs for each problem one runs into.

Workarounds I've tried are using Java screen capture programs like Krut on my downloaded videos from W2 recorder and Replay Media Catcher, transforming files from .MOV to .AVi, found out these files not recognized by Windows Movie Maker, and now both of my Soda matches are crashing whenever I try to make the slightest modifications to the movies since they have become large. I am currnently downloading ULeads Corel Vision Studio since the answer on Movie Maker is that it sucks if you try to used if for creating actual complex movies and crashes. Anyway, Maybe Anya's Korolev match saves me from trying to finish that project, but I would like to release the Soda/Tsonga match, because I really caught great footage for the match...I just am running into every sort of issue one could every imagine in getting video edited and completed and am giving up for the day with the project about half done since Windows Movie Maker has now become hopeless (I can't raise the volue on a clip without it crashing right now )

Anya, when you first started trying to record and create videos, did you run into a learning and blockage of ease curve that was mind blowing? I keep thinking I'll get something done in an hour or two, and then 8 hours later, and 20 downloaded solutions to one problem after the next, I am ragged and exhausted. And just when I think I've run into every imaginable problem, I run into something new like the H264 MP4 Ipod saving format that is hostile to every coversion software utility other than ones that force you dish out more bucks. I am furious at Adobe right now. I've tried using WM Recorder 3.11, Replay Media Catcher, Jaksta, Replay Media Capture, Bitrecorder, and also found that every single stream is different (Justin.tv and VShare can only be recorded, not downloaded; Vshare can barely be viewed anymore; Tennis.tv provides no solutions for anyone not using the highest speed connections; Bet365 times out all the time on me; UStream uses that H264 Ipod format that only Moyea seems able to recognize, and wants to watermark unless you buy another one of their programs. Windows Movie Maker is a piece of garabe.....

Anyway, any tips on each of doing this would be helpful...send a PM if desired. I meant to have the Korolev match complted on Sunday. I thought with the awesome downloading/recording results I had on the Tsonga match, I could bundle the two matches together, but it looks like I am giving up on Movie Maker and won't be able to continue until later today. But I should have a quality version of that great match, it is just that I have been humbled and flabbergasted by how difficult it has been to do the simplest things to attain a created video.

Thanks Anya, and thanks all for patience. I miss the live scoring, but am a little stubborn in trying to ccomplete something I start and put a great deal of time into figuring out.

BTW, doesn't Robin look great right now.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #39
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Soderling-Lopez.Indian.Wells.2010.3rd.incomplete (2 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:02 AM   #40
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya07 View Post
Soderling-Lopez.Indian.Wells.2010.3rd.incomplete (2 parts)
was added HERE

Thank you!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #41
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wow!!!! Ever since I started trying (and pretty much failing ) taping Robin's matches, he is 6-0. So happy with today's match. The confidence and belief is starting to align with the talent. While enjoying this feeling and following my superstitions to the letter, I wish all in live scoring the best and enjoy Soda vs. Tsonga until Soda vs. Murray is out:

Soderling vs Tsonga, 4th Round, 2010 Indian Wells BNP Paribas 1000 Masters
Set #1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H4Y7LS0M
Set #2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6CYGCC5Y

Soooodddaaa!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #42
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Soderking just defeated World #4 Andy Murray in IW Masters 1000 QFs, so the video material is vast and easy to find for once. Here are a couple up on YouTube right now:

Soderling beat Murray BNP Paribas Open 2010

Soderling passes Murray down the line - IW 2010

Soderling backhand slice against Murray - IW 2009

Robin Soderling hits a 140mph ace
Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #43
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tennistv put out the highlights for Friday at the Indian Wells QFs. Obviously, Robin is featured:

Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #44
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Nolby.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTennis View Post
Thanks, Nolby.
No problem, SweTennis. I know you do understand I am the most superstitious sports fan on the planet from watching matches together in live scoring in the past, and you probably realize I can't show up to watch matches live or even be in your thread while he is on this hot streak?

If my fingers are crossed when my team scores a goal, they stay crossed the rest of a match. As long as Robin keeps winning like this, I'll keep trying to tape matches and staying out of live scoring while simultaneously failing miserably at recording them.