Soderking Video Thread - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #286
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Video Thread

Soderling-Dolgopolov.Australian.Open.2011.4th (13 parts)

Soderling-Muller.Australian.Open.2011.2nd (9 parts)

were added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #287
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tv4play.se/nyheter_och_de...ideoid=1208554
Orka_n (or someone who can translate from Swedish), please tell us what Robin says
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #288
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Orka_n (or someone who can translate from Swedish), please tell us what Robin says
I will, when my Internet connection turns back to normal. I can't even watch the video since the connection is so slow right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #289
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work and other things lately. Alright, a rough translation:

Reporter talks about the beginning of Robin's tennis year. He asks how it felt winning Brisbane. Robin says that it's encouraging, winning a tourney at the beginning of the year when you're unsure about your own form.
Reporter asks about Pistolesi's effect on Robin's game. Robin says that a change of coaches gives him new inspiration - hearing a new voice and receiving new viewpoints. He says Claudio is a great coach who has been in the game for a long time. And Robin says that at his level, you don't do any big changes, but the smallest improvements can make a big difference so it's important for the coach to have a good eye for that.
Reporter asks if Claudio has told Robin to work on something specific. Robin says that they're working at getting more aggressive, approaching the net a bit more. The biggest changes they're working on is how Robin should move at the net, because that is very different from how you move at the baseline. Robin feels that it already has improved a little.
Reporter says that Robin is known for his powerful groundstrokes and his serve, and Robin agrees but says he also has to back them up [with net approaches etc].
Reporter states that despite Robin's R4 loss in AO, this is his best result there. Robin agrees and says that it's good to focus on the positives although it of course is tough to lose.
Reporter asks how much time Robin has to allow himself to feel bad after a loss like this. Robin says that it goes easier to bounce back the more experience you get. Robin also says that both the best thing and the worst thing about tennis is that there is always tournaments. If you lose, you get to try again next week. If you win, then you have no time to celebrate. He says that many times you feel that you aren't better than your last match.
Reporter asks what Robin would rather choose between being world #1 or winning a slam. Robin says that he's been asked that question before, and he would probably choose winning a slam. Reporter asks which one. Robin says Wimbledon, he remembers watching Edberg play there when he was a kid and that it would be like a dream. He also says that he's played 2 slam finals and sadly lost both but he hopes he gets another chance a be third time lucky.
Reporter talks about how there really is a big ranking gap between Robin and the rest of the Swedes on the tour. Robin agrees and says it's a little sad because it's not that many years ago there were a lot of Swedes on the tour. But Robin is hoping to inspire kids to start playing tennis again because the reason he started himself was the former Swedish pros. He also got to play with the best Swedes when he was 15 years old and that helped Robin a lot.
Reporter asks Robin if he has time to be a role model and practice with young Swedes (since he lives in Monte Carlo). Robin says sadly no, because he's traveling much and when he's resting he's in Monte Carlo mostly. But he's trying to be a role model by playing well. Robin also says Media plays a big part, since they are the ones deciding if tennis is broadcasted on Swedish tv channels.
Reporter says it's about attitude and self-confidence as well, comparing Robin a bit to Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Robin says that you have to believe in yourself, because it's pretty tough out there. All athletes doubt themselves sometimes but you'll gain a lot if you focus on the positives. And at the same time you have to be humble and be aware that it's never easy.
Reporter asks about the relationships between the Top 5, if Robin is friends with Fed, Nadal, Nole and Murray. Robin says that he's friendly with them all since they meet at tournaments all the time, but that he's closer to the Swedes. But he thinks it's nice that the top pros see each other constantly.
Reporter says that he also read in an interview a while back that Robin had said "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win". Robin says that he's another person on court than he is outside, but agrees that when he is competing, he only has one goal in mind: achieving the best result possible. But Robin also says that having fun and feeling comfortable outside the court make things a lot easier.
Reporter asks Robin how long he will continue playing tennis, mentioning Borg's early retirement. Robin says he wants to play until he's had enough, and not to be forced out due to injuries which is pretty common. He says he too gets tired of tennis sometimes but it's been a big part of his life since he was 5 and he loves the sport. He wishes to continue for several years more.
Reporter asks how Robin's parents have pushed and encouraged him, asking if it at any point have been a burden. Robin says his dad has pushed him, but in a good way. He says that the pressure he has put on himself has really been tougher to deal with. He always wants to succeed and play well.

[Pictures from the 2001 Stockholm Open]
Robin says he remembers that match, it was his first win on the tour.

Reporter asks if there is any particular victory that has meant much to Robin. Robin says that the match they just showed was important since that win was his first. He also mentions the RG09 SF vs Gonzales, and when he won his first title (Lyon 2004).
Reporter asks what Robin has had to sacrifice to become this good, social life etc. Robin says that although he has had to give up things, for example he always went practicing after school instead of having fun with friends, it's always been a free choice. He's always loved tennis and been focused on reaching his goals.
Reporter asks if it is still like that, if Robin is a bit afraid to bond with new people because he's always traveling around. Robin says maybe a little since he doesn't often stay long at one place. But he adds that he's gotten so used to traveling now that he feels restless if he gets stuck somewhere maybe due to injury.
Reporter says Robin is going to Rotterdam on thursday (today) and thanks him for the interview.

This took me a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #290
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Orka_n, thank you so much!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #291
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Orka_n
Old 02-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #292
country flag AgnRus

Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #293
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Orka_n, thank you so much!

Orka_n thanks so much from me too!!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #294
country flag AgnRus

ATP.2011.Rotterdam.R1.Soderling.vs.Haase
1.46 GB in 1 file

http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=7392

400.11 MB in 1 file

http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=7391
Old 02-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #295
country flag AgnRus

Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #296
country flag AgnRus

ATP.2011.Rotterdam.R2.Robin SÖDERLING (SWE) vs Phillipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER).
1.66 GB in 1 file

http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=7416
Old 02-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #297
country flag AgnRus

Highlights Söderling - Youzhny

Robin's training with the netherlands junior

Robin Soderling VS Viktor Troicki ABN Amro Rotterdam 2011 SF 2ndset 5-4

Last edited by AgnRus : 02-13-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #298
country flag AgnRus

from russian torrent (easy registration) :

ATP.2011.Rotterdam.R2.Robin SÖDERLING (SWE) vs Phillipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER)
1,82 GB

http://www.rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=4858

ATP.2011.Rotterdam.QF.Robin Soderling (SWE) vs Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)
1,15 GB

http://www.rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=4906
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #299
country flag AgnRus

Robin's interview
Old 02-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #300
country flag AgnRus

from russian torrent

ATP.2011.Rotterdam.SF.Robin Soderling (SWE) vs Viktor Troicki (SRB)
1,12 GB

http://www.rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=5025

ATP.2011.Rotterdam.F.Robin Soderling (SWE) vs J.W.Tsonga (FRA)
1,38 GB

http://www.rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=5076