Australasian Summer & Early Hard Season - Cheering/Scoring/News - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #91
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australasian Summer & Early Hard Season - Cheering/Scoring/News

Get out of the hole, Jim, quickly!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #92
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He won't even have the doubles to fill the time:
D Istomin (UZB) / D Sela (ISR) d J Chardy (FRA) / J Nieminen (FIN) 63 36 10-8
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #93
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Zaz: View Post
Hmmm maybe...he hasn't won now since Basel, and its been patchy for months before that. 5 first round losses since Cincy, then improved a little for indoor - two or three rounds, and then nothing since Basel 2nd round.

I am trying to also think about the possibilities, and this is all I can come up with....pure speculation people

a) after winning his premier title, he took his foot of the gas a little?
b) he is injured?
c) he has reached a plateau with his team?
d) breaking up with Jenny affected his status quo?
I really can't believe it's an injury. He's definitely not the kind of guy who will look for excuses imo, but he stressed in Melbourne that he's fit.

I can only speculate too, but I could imagine it's a mix of having reached a new stage in his career with the first title, etc. - and of those changes in his private life indeed. The articles after Stuttgart were saying that he and his gf were going to move together into his new house in his hometown in September, it sounded like a very serious relationship, so the break-up might have been quite disturbing.
And it's silly, but it also strikes me that when he was asked in December about his biggest disappointment in 2009, he answered the loss to Serra in New Haven. It kind of coincides with his slump, he was already awful at the USO one week later. I'm not saying it's the reason, but sometimes they have trouble getting over one match in particular, in a very irrational way. And then they lose their confidence and get caught in a vicious circle.

Last edited by Truc : 02-10-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #94
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I really can't believe he is injured. He's definitely not the kind of guy who will look for excuses imo, but he often insists that he's fit.
I am aware of this, but I still think his preparatory weeks in December were spoilt by injuries. Add the personal aspects you mentioned and that's what you get. Hard to say what is best now. Continue trying by playing every possible tourney or getting away and find some pleasure elsewhere? It is a pity he and Jarko lost the doubles so closely, that might have been an opportunity to slowly find back some confidence.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #95
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Losing like that to Phau is unbelievable I really hope he finds his game soon. To be honest, I think the break-up must be the main reason for this slump. Of course Jérémy is a player of extremes, so great lows (and great heights) are to be expected, but this is taking way too long. Hopefully he gets himself back on track soon.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #96
country flag Truc

I read on his forum that Fontang, his coach, said in an article yesterday in the local newspaper that Jim has been sick since the Australian tournaments.
According to him, Jim wouldn't have played Melbourne if it wasn't a Slam (why was he saying that he's fit then?)
When he came back to France, he saw a doc who said it's a virus in the bronchial tubes.
He's alone in San Jose, Fontang will join him in Delray Beach only.

They don't post the article, it's just the summary made by the admin mimosas:
http://jeremychardy.subjectchange.co...sa-t402-60.htm

I don't know why he would go and play tournaments if he's still sick, it's a bit weird.

Last edited by Truc : 02-10-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #97
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
He says that Jim wouldn't have played Melbourne if it wasn't a Slam (why was he saying that he's fit then?)
He must read all the crap talk on MTF that only mugs retire and heroes play through injury and sickness. How stupid! I hope he'll learn from that and only play if he is in a position to do so.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #98
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Jeremy. I hope he can come back stronger through this.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #99
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He must read all the crap talk on MTF that only mugs retire and heroes play through injury and sickness.
The coach might say that with the hindsight too, now that they know about the virus. Listen to Jim after his match, he doesn't sound like he was aware of it, "physiquement je me sens bien", "je peux pas ętre mieux physiquement"...
Old 02-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #100
country flag fashion

fashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond repute

so bad....
fashion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #101
country flag fashion

fashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond reputefashion has a reputation beyond repute

2/12 is Jeremy's birthday
happy birthday Jeremy
fashion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #102
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

He should stop being such a feckin proud idiot and just take a break until hes well again. We've seen it plenty of times, players refusing to aknwoledge they ned to stop and get healthy, they just play on and get even worse.
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #103
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

Joyeux Anniversaire Jéré

Get well and get winning
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 AM   #104
country flag TheEnd

TheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute

Regions Morgan Keegan Championships

(1) RODDICK, Andy USA v BLAKE, James USA
(WC) GINEPRI, Robby USA v LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
MAYER, Leonardo ARG v FISH, Mardy USA
RAM, Rajeev USA v (8) QUERREY, Sam USA

(3) STEPANEK, Radek CZE v QUALIFIER
GULBIS, Ernests LAT v QUALIFIER
(WC) ODESNIK, Wayne USA v RUSSELL, Michael USA
QUALIFIER v (5) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(6) ISNER, John USA v QUALIFIER
NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN v SELA, Dudi ISR
BECKER, Benjamin GER v KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
MALISSE, Xavier BEL v (4) HAAS, Tommy GER

(7) KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v KOROLEV, Evgeny KAZ
DENT, Taylor USA v PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER
(WC) REYNOLDS, Bobby USA v LACKO, Lukas SVK
CHARDY, Jeremy FRA v (2) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

bad draw
TheEnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #105
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gawd. Double bagel probably.
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote