Australasian Summer & Early Hard Season - Cheering/Scoring/News - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #271
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australasian Summer & Early Hard Season - Cheering/Scoring/News

It's not the exact translation, just to give you the gist of what he says:

- Frustrating loss, because it seems there was room for more...
- In the 1st set I was a bit nervous, had trouble adjusting the depth of my groundstrokes and made quite a lot of errors. In the 2nd set I was playing better and better and we had a nice battle. It could have gone his way (he had 3 MP in the TB), but I fought well and I'm glad I could make it even.

- Did you pay for your effort in the 3rd set then?
- I had every reason to believe I could win until 3-3. But on the first point of that game, my back seized up when I played a smash. From that point on, I won only 2 points on my serve. I'm not saying I would have won otherwise, but I definitely still had my chances until that point.

- How would you assess your tournament and your US tourney in general?
- Positively. It doesn't really show yet in terms of results, but I feel I'm playing better and better after my disastrous start into the season. My level is completely different than one month ago. I decided to play all those tournaments in the US to put my game back on track. And it worked quite well. I'm enjoying myself again on the court.

- A good sign for the clay season?
- At least I'm really looking forward to it. I love playing on clay. And unlike a lot of people, I think it's totally possible to have fun on clay and be successful playing attacking tennis. I will take a few days off and I will go to MC very early (on next Tuesday already) to get ready for the tournament.

Last edited by Truc : 03-29-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #272
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the news Truc. Him hurting his back does make sense. He wasnt playing particularly well anway but his collapse at the end was alarming.
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #273
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't he maybe ask for a WC for Casablanca, so that he keeps his rhytm going, now that he is doing well? He has a week off anyway now...
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #274
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I read L'Equipe of Sunday only now because it was not available the other day - and in the article about the Querrey match, they say that Jim had problems with his back before that match already, he could barely walk the day before the match, but the physio did a great job:
Quote:
MERCI À ROBERT, kiné à la FFT, d’avoir débloqué le dos de Jérémy Chardy avant qu’il ne joue contre Querrey. Jamais Chardy, au cours des confrontations précédentes (dont la dernière voilà peu, au 2e tour à Indian Wells), n’avait réussi à terrasser Sam Querrey (25e), le Grand Duduche américain qui pète la forme.
Vendredi, le jeune Palois finissait par trouver ce que tout joueur de tennis au monde espère entrevoir un jour : le relâchement absolu. Léger comme l’air, sans l’esquisse d’un rictus, Chardy, malgré la perte du premier set et un début de saison calamiteux, enchaînait les échanges comme s’il était l’effigie d’un jeu vidéo. Et Querrey vola en éclats face à tant de facilité (4-6, 6-4, 6-2). « C’est la première fois que je me sentais aussi relâché, souriait le Français. J’étais détaché du score, je ne pensais qu’à ma tactique et à mes intentions de jeu. Quand je pense que je pouvais à peine marcher la veille... » Merci Robert.
It says that Jérémy was playing really well, totally relaxed, as light as a feather, so easy that it looked like in a video game. Jim also sounds extremely happy about his performance: "It's the first time ever I felt so relaxed. I wasn't thinking about the scoreline anymore, I was only focused on my tactics and how I wanted to play. When I think that I could hardly walk yesterday..."

Too bad we missed that! And it really makes sense then that his back was bothering him again against Almagro.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote