Australasian Summer & Early Hard Season - Cheering/Scoring/News - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #181
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australasian Summer & Early Hard Season - Cheering/Scoring/News

In l'Equipe today:
Quote:
FANA DES ÉTATS-UNIS, Chardy est ici depuis le 3 février et n’en repartira pas avant fin mars. De cette longue tournée aux States, Chardy a déjà récolté trois bonnes nouvelles. Primo, il a battu Verdasco à Memphis puis a enchaîné par un quart de finale à Delray Beach. Deuzio, il a enfin pu bosser physiquement. Tertio, il a parlé au vrai Pete Sampras. « C’était à San Jose et j’étais en totale panique. J’ai perdu tout mon anglais et heureusement que ma copine était là pour lui demander si je pouvais prendre une photo avec lui. » Tout ça est très mignon mais ne doit pas faire diversion plus longtemps. En septembre dernier, Chardy aurait joué le cinquième match du barrage de Coupe Davis à Maastricht si Tsonga avait savonné dans le quatrième. Mais la semaine dernière à Toulon, point de Chardy. Entre Paris-Bercy et San Jose, Chardy a perdu cinq premiers tours de suite sans marquer un seul set. On appelle ça un trou. Et au fond du trou, il y eut la raclée reçue à l’Open d’Australie contre Istomin (6-2, 6-2, 6-0). « À Melbourne, j’ai chopé un virus, expliquait hier Chardy. Fièvre, extrême fatigue et aucun docteur pour identifier ce que c’était. À Memphis, j’ai attrapé une gastro. Et j’ai aussi eu une inflammation au poignet droit. Bref, ma première semaine de vrai travail physique, c’était il y a dix jours. » Dans son malheur, Chardy ne s’en sort pas trop mal. De 31e en novembre (son meilleur classement), il est aujourd’hui 44e. Et hier, au premier tour, il a « fusillé » Potito Starace, 67e (6-1, 4-1 abandon pour douleurs à la hanche). « Jérémy a bien absorbé son mauvais passage, appréciait Fred Fontang, son coach de toujours. En maturité, il a fait un grand bond en avant. » « Je m’étais mis à trop défendre en début d’année, poursuit Chardy. Ça ne correspond ni à mon caractère ni à mon physique. Aujourd’hui, je me suis recentré sur mes forces. » On pourra re-vérifier au prochain tour, où l’attend Sam Querrey. Un Américain comme il les aime.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #182
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He's a fan of the US. The 3 good news of those two months spent in the States:
1. His win over Verdasco in Memphis and the fact he was able to back it up with a QF in Delray.
2. He finally is able to work on his condition again.
3. He met Sampras, his idol. It was in San Jose and Jim got totally panicky to the point that he couldn't speak English anymore. "Thanks God my girlfriend was there to ask him if he would accept to take a picture with me."
Last September: Jérémy was on the French DC team and would have played the decisive rubber if JWT hadn't won his match. But no Chardy in Toulon. From Bercy to San Jose, he lost 5 times in a row in the 1st round without even winning a set. That's what you call a slump. He hit the rock bottom in Melbourne against Istomin, 6-2 6-2 6-0.
He explains that he caught a virus in Melbourne. Fever, extreme fatigue, no doc to tell him what was wrong. In Memphis he had a stomach bug. And there also was an inflammation of the right wrist. All in all, he started to really work on his condition only 10 days ago. So it's rather positive he was able to limit the damage and he's still ranked at #44.
Yesterday, he "killed" Starace who had to give up because of back problems. His coach Fontang says that Jérémy has overcome this bad patch pretty well and that he has matured a lot.
Jérémy explains he was being too defensive at the beginning of the year. And it doesn't suit his character nor his body. He now has refocused on his real strength.
The next round will be the occasion to show it. Against Querrey, one of those US boys he likes so much.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #183
country flag Truc

So did anybody watch him against Querrey? It was too late for me. How is his game? They just show a couple of UE in the "highlights".
He says Querrey was serving too well, he didn't stand a chance on his service games and then felt under pressure on his own serve. He also says that Querrey moves very well compared to the other big servers and seems very confident right now - but nothing about his own performance...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #184
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad he lost, but it was expected. Just a bad draw. Didn't see anything of it.

Hope he goes to Sunrise now to get some matches under his belt.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #185
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it, and it was ok, the serve was good, and he was coming into net a looooot (which I love as a S&V fan) but if you gonna S&V you do need to do more with the volley, put it away or find a sharper angle, still that will come with some confidence in the shot, and did have some good winners at net. Still it was good to see . The forehand was exceptional at times, and a few of the lines call against him were suspect in my opinion.

But second set he did seem pretty tired, and then near the end of the second he was looking to his box, shrugging shoulders, and basically saying WTF. Anyway it wasn't a bad match, just not a good result

And he looked gorgeous not important I know, but it was still nice
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #186
country flag Truc

Thanks! I'll try to watch at least the first set today then.

He says in L'Equipe that he's going to play Sunrise.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #187
country flag Truc

He has a good draw in Sunrise and there is a really great livestream:

STEPANEK, Radek CZE - STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR
CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA - MAYER, Leonardo ARG
ZVEREV, Mischa GER - DANIEL, Marcos BRA
QUALIFIER - BERRER, Michael GER

CHARDY, Jeremy FRA - QUALIFIER
KOUBEK, Stefan AUT - QUALIFIER
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER - CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
FALLA, Alejandro COL - MAYER, Florian GER
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #188
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

His quarter looks really nice and the semi would be winnable for him.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #189
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Nice first win against come-back Reynolds. I was afraid it was going to be very tough, but it seemed like a decent win from the scoreboard. Had a bit of down when he went from 4-1 to 4-4, but picked it up well. Is he really back?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #190
country flag Truc

I know it's just the freaking Sunrise Challenger, but not against Koubek, Jérémy!
6-4 7-6. Poor serve stats (50%, 4 aces, 6 DF).
Old 03-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #191
country flag Ad Wim

Damn, that's disappointing.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #192
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

1s round against Mario in Miami. 2nd against Querrey again...
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #193
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

His first round match tomorrow against Mario, 2nd match in Stadium court. Too bad there's not stream for it.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #194
country flag Ad Wim

Pfff, bad draw again. 50-50 in 1st round I guess and then against Querrey again
Old 03-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #195
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

Good first set.
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote