buying a new prestige racket - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute
Default buying a new prestige racket

can anyone tell me wether the prestige mid+ is far better than the other prestige and whats a better grip size: 1/4 or 5/8? i've never really payed much attention to those details

thanks for anyone who respondes
Gilloulou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a new prestige racket

The correct grip size is important for control and comfort. The best grip size is the one that matches your hand size. See here for an explanation on how to find the right size. I have extremely big hands and need to order the 4 5/8 (the largest size) and put three overgrips on!

Sorry I can't give you any advice about the racquet. I use the ProKennex Ionic Ki5 and haven't tried a prestige. You probably already know most of this, but here is a page about selecting an appropriate racquet given your game and requirements.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

the prestige mp is a great control racket, provided you have the ability to use it. there are currently three other versions of the prestige: the team, the pro and the mid. the team is a lighter and larger frame, aimed more at intermediate players. the pro is very similar to the mp, it just has a more open string pattern, so gives more spin and is more responsive. the mid is heavier and smaller, its better on serves and volleys, but a little harder to use.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the great advice and links all
Gilloulou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote