down under 2010 starts early! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #106
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2010 starts early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I'm here too (too tired to speak english too much sorry...)
The streaming doesn't stop bugging The giant doesn't stop serving
It's so late/early in europe.
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #107
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I just watch the MP on tnz site and he missed nothing but such a pity a loss in a third set tie-breaker after havin a MP I hope he won't be too much frustrated and have some good others moments during the season.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #108
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, nobody here to give the bad news; Arnaud lost the final 6/3 5/7 7/6 (2)
I stayed waking up until 6.am for...nothing
He got a match point on Isner's serve but it was not enough.
I'm too tired and disapointed to make a report (kezzi...? lol)

Anyway: this week in Auckland was very positive, arnaud is very fit, concentrated, motived, his game's level is good, we just can hope it's going on like that !!!

official site:
He took 2h 18m - the tournament's longest match and his fourth two-hour marathon of the week - to dispense with pesky French veteran Arnaud Clement 6-3 5-7 7-6(2) in a fascinating contest of styles.

But Isner's run to the Panasonic Singles crown probably began at the 2009 tournament, where he came through qualifying to eventually fall in the quarterfinals, developing a strong fan following with his never-say-die efforts.

"Last year, I played five really tough matches," he reflected on his arrival in Auckland last week. "If I can do that this year, I will have made it to the final."

And so it proved.

Neither player seemed prepared to take a backward step and when Isner had the first chance to break serve at 3-2 in the first set, Clement responded with three aces to save.

Perhaps that softened up the Frenchman, because he could not salvage his next service game and Isner served out the set, claiming it with his fifth ace.

The second went with serve and seemed headed for the tiebreak until Clement prised a break at 6-5 to claim the set. Isner admitted probably taking his eye off the ball, already looking ahead to a possible tiebreak.

He opened the third set with a break, Clement broke back immediately and actually seemed to be getting on top as his rival lost some rhythm in his play. Clement held a match point at 6-5, but could not capitalise.

"You know, I would rather win that game like I did than if I had won it to love," said Isner. "It gave me a lot of confidence to play pretty much a flawless tiebreaker.

The American seized an immediate edge in the tiebreak, Clement responded in kind, but Isner had three more points on his serve, the last - a crushing return into the backhand corner - the matchwinner.

"You know, you can win a match, you can lose a match, but the most important thing is to do your best on the day," rued Clement (32).

"I did my best and was very close to winning the match. It was very disappointing ... it's hard, but it's OK."

Isner made the most of his biggest weapon - his overpowering serve - sending down 22 aces and just two double faults, while connecting with with 73% of his first serves.

He had one more special delivery after the match when he announced to the media his intention to donate $US5000 to Red Cross for the Haiti earthquake relief fund.

atp:
"Of course I'm disappointed to lose in the final but I think I played well during the entire week," Clement said. "I think it worked out pretty well. I played good matches, beat good players and today couldn't beat Isner who played a great match. This is probably his first title of many to come.
"Overall I'm very happy with my game. If I play like this all year long I think I have a chance to be back in the Top 20."

Is Via's boycott over now ?

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #109
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Overall I'm very happy with my game. If I play like this all year long I think I have a chance to be back in the Top 20."
be quiet arno all the weeks won't be like that lol and he needs rest now.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #110
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

If he really was playing like that every week (reaching final), he would'nt be back in the top 20, he would be in the top 5 !!!
So... lol

What can we hope for 2010 ?
- Maybe a title.
- Some good matches in grand slam (a 1/8, a 1/4 why not...)
- Stay in the top 60
- A come back in DC (no, just a dream, sorry)
- nicer shirts for RG !

ehehehe I'm ambitious

Guy Forget
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #111
country flag soulage

Quote:
ps: ma parole, ils font une ptite fixette sur notre accent, soulage ! lol
The girls of the blog repeats it again http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic...y-blog-3330914

Quote:
Clement charms the crowd with his accented "Sanks" to everyone especially the crowd who has filled the Centre every day for his first visit to Auckland.
Quote:
- Maybe a title.
- Stay in the top 60
- nicer shirts for RG !

ehehehe I'm ambitious
A title well i'm not convinced a final it's already better than two past years, GS depends of the draw and i think Wim is his best opportunities. I would say stay in the top 100 and my dream the double title in RG
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #112
country flag Marine

He has to find another mika !!!

Guy Forget
Old 01-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #113
country flag soulage

A motivated partner

Well Arno is in the bottom of the draw so AO it's already monday . They play not before 5 pm, i think he will be tired by the week, the travel, the loss and Blake has always beats him. The old guy need to recover before his impressiv shedule for indoor season. Erlich finally don't play his double match in Sydney with Lopez so i'm wondering about his association with Arno in melbourne
Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #114
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, nobody here to give the bad news; Arnaud lost the final 6/3 5/7 7/6 (2)
I stayed waking up until 6.am for...nothing
He got a match point on Isner's serve but it was not enough.
I'm too tired and disapointed to make a report (kezzi...? lol)

Anyway: this week in Auckland was very positive, arnaud is very fit, concentrated, motived, his game's level is good, we just can hope it's going on like that !!!
Sorry, fell asleep somewhere at the end second set.
The stream kept disappearing... I almost fell asleep the stream went off, but when the sound came back it was like an alarm clock. But somehow the stream didn't come back at that point.
But what I've seen, I thought Arno played well. Some pretty amazing shots!
Just Isner also played well and those serves! Pfff...
Old 01-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #115
country flag soulage

In lequipe we learn that he makes some changement in his forehand and he's not happy about the AO draw lol He was very happy about his first set vs Kohli.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auk.jpg (37.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #116
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
I just watch the MP on tnz site and he missed nothing but such a pity a loss in a third set tie-breaker after havin a MP I hope he won't be too much frustrated and have some good others moments during the season.
Did anyone see how Isner saved the MP against him?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #117
country flag Marine

I saw but I don't remember (arnaud's fault I think)

Guy Forget
Old 01-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #118
country flag soulage

We can't blame him on this point big serve, smash by big john. The volley of Isner wasn't really good but Arno wasn't in a good position to make a passing and the lob doesn't work on that guy lol You can see the point on the video http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic...-3330982/video
Old 01-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #119
country flag Kezzi

Thanks Soulage!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #120
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot to everyone for all the news!!!

Of course, it's a pity Arnaud didn't manage to take the title - especially considering the tough final with a close score and a match point - but he's got a wonderful week anyway and was doing his best, as he noted himself, and that's the most important. And now looking at his great form we can see why he was so pissed off a week before losing to Odesnik (American invasion for poor Arnaud: Odesnik, Isner, now Blake ).

BTW, how come there is no photo of Arnaud and Big John posing together with their trophies?!

AO doubles draw is out: Clement/Erlich vs (10)Knowle/Lindstedt in the first round
Quote:
Is Via's boycott over now ?
Via was probably still in Melbourne. It's likely to be the first year in ages that she misses Arnaud in Australia
Quote:
If he really was playing like that every week (reaching final), he would'nt be back in the top 20, he would be in the top 5 !!!
So... lol

- Maybe a title.
- Stay in the top 60
- nicer shirts for RG !

ehehehe I'm ambitious
Lovely list The last point seems the most realistic to me

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote