down under 2010 starts early! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #61
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2010 starts early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Of course original French people say it the best, but Dutch people should understand that the last 'e' is silent and don't take the 'a' as 'aaaaaaaaa' like they're in pain or something.

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #62
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I every Frenchie for trying, because I'm worse in French than they can ever be in English.

Nice of you, but our english is better than your french, but our dutch is...unexistant !
Your english is very good, that's the difference.

And also nice to find excuses to arnaud but as a tennisman who uses to spend most of his time in countries where he's supposed to speak english, he's NOT GOOD AT ALL !!!

If you compare with the other players from germant, sweden, russia etc...they're fluent (or almost)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #63
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles Entry List for the AO

Entry deadline: January 11, 2010

1 BRYAN, Bob/BRYAN, Mike 2
2 NESTOR, Daniel/ZIMONJIC, Nenad 6
3 DLOUHY, Lukas/PAES, Leander 14
4 BHUPATHI, Mahesh/MIRNYI, Max 18
5 FISH, Mardy/KNOWLES, Mark 24
6 KUBOT, Lukasz/MARACH, Oliver 25
7 MOODIE, Wesley/YOUZHNY, Mikhail 29
8 CERMAK, Frantisek/MERTINAK, Michal 30
9 GONZALEZ, Fernando/LJUBICIC, Ivan 35
10 FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz/MATKOWSKI, Marcin 35
11 GRANOLLERS, Marcel/ROBREDO, Tommy 41
12 KAS, Christopher/NORMAN, Dick 48
13 KNOWLE, Julian/LINDSTEDT, Robert 48
14 ASPELIN, Simon/HANLEY, Paul 51
15 LLODRA, Michael/RAM, Andy 58
16 MELO, Marcelo/SOARES, Bruno 58
17 ISNER, John/QUERREY, Sam 59
18 DAMM, Martin/POLASEK, Filip 60
19 CLEMENT, Arnaud/ERLICH, Jonathan 71
20 LEVINSKY, Jaroslav/PARROTT, Travis 72
21 BUTORAC, Eric/RAM, Rajeev 77
22 FERRER, David/LOPEZ, Marc 79
23 BELLUCCI, Thomaz/SA, Andre 80
24 HUTCHINS, Ross/KERR, Jordan 80
25 MELZER, Jurgen/PETZSCHNER, Philipp 81
26 CHIUDINELLI, Marco/TROICKI, Viktor 85
27 BRUNSTROM, Johan/ROJER, Jean-Julien 85
28 ALMAGRO, Nicolas/VENTURA, Santiago 86
29 ANDREEV, Igor/KOROLEV, Evgeny 88
30 CHARDY, Jeremy/GICQUEL, Marc 90
31 ACASUSO, Jose/CUEVAS, Pablo 91
32 GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo/ROCHUS, Olivier 98
33 DE VOEST, Rik/LIPSKY, Scott 98
34 HERNANDEZ, Oscar/MONTANES, Albert 101
35 BECKER, Benjamin/MAYER, Florian 101
36 BALL, Carsten/HUSS, Stephen 106
37 KUNITSYN, Igor/SELA, Dudi 109
38 FLEMING, Colin/SKUPSKI, Ken 110
39 ARNOLD KER, Lucas/TECAU, Horia 111
40 SCHUETTLER, Rainer/WASKE, Alexander 115
41 FOGNINI, Fabio/STARACE, Potito 116
42 KARLOVIC, Ivo/VEMIC, Dusan 117
43 BOLELLI, Simone/SEPPI, Andreas 117
44 COETZEE, Jeff/WASSEN, Rogier 117
45 MAYER, Leonardo/ZEBALLOS, Horacio 120
46 BERRER, Michael/GREUL, Simon 133
47 LU, Yen-Hsun/TIPSAREVIC, Janko 136
48 GIL, Frederico/VLIEGEN, Kristof 137
49 STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy/ZVEREV, Mischa 138
50 FRIEDL, Leos/SKOCH, David 139
51 CERRETANI, James/RETTENMAIER, Travis 141
52 BOPANNA, Rohan/QURESHI, Aisam-Ul-Haq 142
53 CHELA, Juan Ignacio/GIMENO-TRAVER, Daniel 145
54 KOHLMANN, Michael/NIEMINEN, Jarkko 146
55 MARX, Philipp/ZELENAY, Igor 146
56 BENNETEAU, Julien/DARCIS, Steve 154
57 DANIEL, Marcos/KOELLERER, Daniel 158

Seriously, is it not stupid ????????
I have nothing against elrich/rem (ohh yes, I don't like them after watching them beat my favs in RG some years ago ), but it sounds like if they have been mistaken with both teams.

Guy Forget
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #64
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Nice of you, but our english is better than your french, but our dutch is...unexistant !

And also nice to find excuses to arnaud but as a tennisman who uses to spend most of his time in countries where he's supposed to speak english, he's NOT GOOD AT ALL !!!

If you compare with the other players from germant, sweden, russia etc...they're fluent (or almost)
Yes, but French is a bigger language than Dutch.

And my English is good, because I've learned it starting at a very young age. Dutchies start with English in the last years of preschool, then in high school we get at least 4 hours a week for 4,5 or 6 years. Depends on your level, I had 5 years. With already the same amount of English as Dutch lessons, we also need to make a choice between German or French for 2 hours per week. After high school there's university where the English continues for another 4 years. So everything added up, people have been teaching me English for 10 years. And we also learn a lot from tv, cause we get the original movies/series with subtitles instead of dubbed in Dutch. When I was around 6-7, cartoon network was only available in English.
Most of my German I learned from tv, these days I keep my German up to date by watching German national channels. We receive them because we live close to the border. I don't even need subtitles to understand. I've only had 4 years of German at school and a German told me he was impressed that I'm so good at it.
That's a huge difference between France and NL. We are surrounded by foreign languages at the same amount (or even more) than our own. When I visited my friend in France, we've found only 2 dvds at his parents house (with quite a big collection) that had the option for original language with French subtitles. And when he was here with me, we watched a movie in English with subs for the hearing impaired, cause he wanted to test his English... Afterwards he was exhausted trying to understand, while I had no problem at all. The same with Dutch subs, when there's an error and they disappear, I notice it when the message "sorry for the inconvenience" shows up, because I don't need them anymore. These days the kids have Dora the explorer, teaching them English from the age they're old enough to sit in front of the tv.

So for Arno, I think his English is pretty good for being surrounded by French all the time. I think it's nice that Frenchies usually stick together at tournaments, but language wise they'd better mix up. Or they should watch the bbc at their hotels with subs for the hearing impaired.

Last edited by Kezzi : 01-12-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #65
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

You're nice with the frenchies Kezzi

I just look the results and Arno won 75 64 now Ferrer
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #66
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

he played quite well today..good luck against ferrer tomorrow ..gona be a cracker!!!
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #67
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
You're nice with the frenchies Kezzi

That's because every Frenchie I know is nice to me too. And I really believe the differences in the school system have effects on which is learned and how you learn it. It also influences you at a higher age, cause for me all the "self study" in high school was crap, I managed because it was easy and I didn't have to study a lot. At university I really needed to learn how to study again.

Allez!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #68
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine-Man View Post
he played quite well today..good luck against ferrer tomorrow ..gona be a cracker!!!
Did you visit the tourney?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #69
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How nice that both Arnaud and Séb won today! Allez!

Elina

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #70
country flag Marine

WoW, 2 good wins today, the guys are motived !
It will be tough against Ferrer.

Guy Forget
Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #71
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If you compare with the other players from germany, sweden, russia etc...they're fluent (or almost)
Sometimes people from germany also have trouble with the english language...

click here

Chiqui
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #72
country flag Catchie

Quote:
WoW, 2 good wins today, the guys are motived !
It will be tough against Ferrer.
Allez Arnaud
Allez Séb

Chiqui
Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #73
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seb takes the WC of Nalbandian who entered the main draw after the second SE has been cleared. I don't know why Palmer called Arno to ask him to take the SE who was cleared the first but it seems Arno has been OK to change his mind as it was supposed to help Seb to have the MD WC but yes he has broken his engagement toward Sydney when he decided to enter Sydney qualies. I found that cute because when he will be old and retired the tournament of Sydney will surely don't care of him while his friend Seb will be there. If the ATP allows him to do that i mean playing in the MD of another tournament of where he entered the qualies it's surely authorized while I'm OK it's not fair but the reason is cute imo. You mean they left Sydney without explaing the situation to Sydney referee ?
no surely sydney nor any other tourneys will be paying a retirement pension to arno or any other player. but surely sydney and other tourneys that they had entered and won matches in the past have already contributed to their financial well being, thank you very much! it's a mutual situation, one hand washes the other and no one owes the other anything (unless it's a contractual situation.)

but at 10pm friday evening before the saturday 9am start, and the tournament did not know they had withdrawn and issued the order of play as we had seen. i don't know if there are any atp rules regarding withdrawal deadline, but i guess sydney is used to these players to come and go as they please, even tanking, and as far as i can see, sydney is used to putting up with it all these years, no one has been banned/fined or whatever. that's not good for the business as they'll need the players back next year. so if it sucks for some fans, so be it. the players are larger than anyone else

asking arno to apologise to me? no i'm not that naive. i have nothing useful for him either

may he and seb play well in auckland and go there every year ever since. mind you, there's reason for some other players to come to sydney. auckland is much cooler than aus, and they haven't changed to plexicusion yet, so not exactly the best preparation for next week. but who knows, maybe they'll get some more practice and match confidence, and prove sydney wrong for not treating them better lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #74
country flag Marine

Arnaud just have beaten Ferrer 7/5 6/4 !
I watched the second set on streaming. He was stronger than his opponent tonight, and played quite well (but the last games lasted too long time ).

Guy Forget
Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #75
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Arno was often on troubles on serve but Ferrer converted no BP and played two poor service games at the wrong moment. Arno has been a bit lucky imo but well he didn't make a lot of UE was consistant and more and more slow between the points lol It was midnight in NZ at the end of the match to play Melzer at 2.30 pm today.

The guy who writes on the tournament twitter just before the match http://twitter.com/HeinekenOpenNZ
Quote:
First game up tonight, David Ferrer vs Arnaud Clement..... lets hope Clement is kinder to the ball kids tonight....
Arno has discovered NZ and NZ ball kids has discovered Arno
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote