down under 2010 starts early! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #31
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2010 starts early!

Maybe he realized he's never been to NZ and it's one of his last occasions before retiring.
(ok, that would be my way of thinking, not sure it's arnaud's one lol).

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #32
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if a guy can enter the qualies of a tournament and play the MD of an other one Maybe he will be anywhere finally As he entered QD of Sydney he was surely in Sydney and what's about his doubles partner in Sydney
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #33
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

i'm back. i got up 2 hours early, got there at 9am, no arno, no seb

i was thinking of storming the atp director's office (somehow such an important office as well as the prizemoney and referee are all housed in an outside bunker) and demand an explanation. surely they should've known of their disappearance when they issued the QD and order of play at 10pm last night.

i was also wondering if arno pulled out so that mika could take his place in the MD. although looking at mika today training with the israelites... i don't know if they're still such good friends.

i didn't see the passing potes ( and i brought the book with me too) yesterday but kristen of the other forums (lol) insisted she saw them yesterday. well, i suppose they had to be on site unless the organisers are complete idiots.

meanwhile the mystery deepens, as there're currently no results from auckland. (if seb's gone there too)

Last edited by Via : 01-09-2010 at 03:51 AM.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 AM   #34
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchie View Post
Or he should report himself at the lost and found

Via, thanks for the report

It is all really weird... But now in Auckland's entry list thread it's written that Seb got a MD WC, so here is the answer to his part of the mystery. And as for Arnaud, my idea is that he is just a little bit crazy Though if he decided to go there to accompany Seb it's quite nice I guess.

P.S. Oh Auckland draw is out, Arnaud and Seb really are there
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/301/mds.pdf

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:36 AM   #35
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post

Via, thanks for the report

It is all really weird... But now in Auckland's entry list thread it's written that Seb got a MD WC, so here is the answer to his part of the mystery. And as for Arnaud, my idea is that he is just a little bit crazy Though if he decided to go there to accompany Seb it's quite nice I guess.

P.S. Oh Auckland draw is out, Arnaud and Seb really are there
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/301/mds.pdf
not much of a report really

i can't download that pdf, every time i click it stops midway.

nothing so crazy about this, if auckland when they decided last minute to offer seb a wildcard, they decided to offer arno to come too by paying his air fares for example

the potes are basically poached from under sydney's nose. too bad sydney cannot match the offers.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 AM   #36
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Clement vs Chardy 1st round, and the winner faces Ferrer. I also often have problems with the draws on the ATP website, maybe something is wrong with their server.
I won't be surprised if the passing potes get a doubles WC there, too. But anyway it's very likely that Arnaud won't stay in Auckland very long

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #37
country flag Via

too bad auckland can't offer a better draw as part of the deal their MD players aren't any easier than those in sydney, only the QD is very weak.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #38
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw if he had stay in Sydney at least he would have play a double match while here he will arrive in Melbourne very fresh and tourism in Auckland will be very short
Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #39
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
not much of a report really

i can't download that pdf, every time i click it stops midway.

nothing so crazy about this, if auckland when they decided last minute to offer seb a wildcard, they decided to offer arno to come too by paying his air fares for example

the potes are basically poached from under sydney's nose. too bad sydney cannot match the offers.
I usually have problems with those pdf's too.

I'm sorry for you that they went to Auckland.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #40
country flag soulage

Look at this http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10619333

Arno is a true friend, I don't know why Palmer wanted Arno in Auckland but Arno who wants the WC for Seb is so cute even if it makes him some crazy things

Quote:
Arnaud Clement

Sitting down to dinner the other night in Sydney, the Frenchman received a call from Heineken Open director Richard Palmer offering him a direct acceptance into the tournament. The world No 63 weighed it up and decided he'd take it on one condition. Palmer needed to guarantee a wildcard to his mate and compatriot Sebastien Grosjean - who has Clement as godfather to his children. Palmer agrees and the phone is then passed across the table to Grosjean, who by coincidence happens to be there, and the deal is done. So a coup for Palmer but also Kiwi tennis fans who haven't seen the pair in action here before. They come with big-match temperaments. Clement was runner-up at the 2001 Australian Open, while he beat Grosjean in the semifinals at the same event.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #41
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

Arno is a true friend, I don't know why Palmer wanted Arno in Auckland but Arno who wants the WC for Seb is so cute even if it makes him some crazy things
Ahhh, that's sooo cute.
Hope he can arrange the same for Seb at R'dam.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #42
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

If you would see my smile after reading these sentences...
Nothing to add:

"Quelqu'un de profondément gentil et généreux avec de vraies valeurs"... confirmation

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #43
country flag Via

well then there's indeed a deal, but it's the other way round to what i imagined

sorry i must be the only one here who can't see the cuteness of this whole deal. broken promises to sydney and no one's apologising. besides, who's supposed to get that spare wild card that auckland still held on friday evening, when the draw came out on saturday? the truth is more complicated than it appears, that's what i think...
Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #44
country flag Kezzi

I agree that's absolutely not fair to the tournament in Sydney. For me it's cute that Arno seems very happy that Seb is back and that he's trying to stay together.
As for the commitments made to Sydney, it's not fair from all parties to break them. Not for the players and certainly not the director in Auckland! For Arno and Seb I can imagine they take the better deal, but at least they could explain and apologize.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #45
country flag soulage

Seb takes the WC of Nalbandian who entered the main draw after the second SE has been cleared. I don't know why Palmer called Arno to ask him to take the SE who was cleared the first but it seems Arno has been OK to change his mind as it was supposed to help Seb to have the MD WC but yes he has broken his engagement toward Sydney when he decided to enter Sydney qualies. I found that cute because when he will be old and retired the tournament of Sydney will surely don't care of him while his friend Seb will be there. If the ATP allows him to do that i mean playing in the MD of another tournament of where he entered the qualies it's surely authorized while I'm OK it's not fair but the reason is cute imo. You mean they left Sydney without explaing the situation to Sydney referee ?

Last edited by soulage : 01-09-2010 at 10:07 PM.