Baggy in Down Under - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #136
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggy in Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
yay good luck to him for the final

I wish he had Gasquet's draw in Melbourne Simon withdrew, so the Hewitt match in round 3 should be pretty safe now
I can't believe people in GM are getting so scared of Baggy that they started a thread on how "Hewitt is going to take out Baghdatis in the third round". Is this the ultimate compliment to his level of play that they are already looking for Lleyton to meet him in the third round and consider him enough of a threat to discuss what easy prey he will be to Hewitt? I understand the thread is rationalized as a complaint about Greek/Cypriot support in Australia, but c'mon, they are already talking about the third round and it is only Saturday!

Unbelievable! Baggy is back! Win Sydney today Baggy!

Anyone else a little suspicious that Simon waited to announce his withdrawal until after the draw was released? Seeing Baggy in the 2nd round must've made those knees start to buckle.

I'm looking at the new draw now. Simon is now out, but they replaced him with Ferrer. That isn't much of a favor to Baggy, especially since Pics has played more in the past few months than Simon and is always dangerous. Ferrer also has a 2-0 H2H against Marcos. Crap! I was hoping for an easier opponent replacing Simon.

Gasquest's draw.......... OMG...did he get lucky!! Toughest possible match-up would be Robredo in 3rd Round?!!!
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 01-16-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #137
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

pwoah this is bullshit
why would they put fererr in simons place can someone elxplain this for me?

the lucky loser for simon was ilhan, the turk..
they shouldve drawn him for baghdatis's 2nd round.. wouldve been quite a laugh with the us greek fans and the turkish fans at the same match

and andrew..
im gna be at the open day 1 and 2..
then ill be there whatever other days marco is playing
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #138
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdatis View Post
pwoah this is bullshit

they shouldve drawn him for baghdatis's 2nd round.. wouldve been quite a laugh with the us greek fans and the turkish fans at the same match

and andrew..
I'd rather Baggy face Simon than Ferrer. I'm pissed!

Oh well! The final in Sydney with Gasquet is about ready to start.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #139
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

won the 1st set 6-4

and rain delay now .. with gasquet up 30-0 on his serve
Old 01-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #140
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

6-4 7-6 and a choke from Gasquet
Marcos

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #141
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdatis View Post
pwoah this is bullshit

and andrew..
That would not be good
I have had an interesting experience with his coach, girlfriend (I think), and Turkish fans at the USO this year so now I root against him, but not because he's Turkish, but because of the rudeness of his supporters, coach, and girlfriend (and they didn't even know I was Greek ). Anyways, there would be fights in the stand at the AO if Marcos played Ilhan, and of course the Greeks would be blamed

Old 01-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #142
country flag baghdatis

yeh obviously... i think thats another reason why ilhan was placed on the other half of the draw..
so greek/cypriot supporters arent there on the same day as the turkish supporters
Old 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #143
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

lets first look at Lorenzi, a quick three-setter hopefully
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #144
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Marcos!

Good luck in Melbourne!!!

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #145
country flag Dimitra

Dimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond repute

they put Ferrer in place of Simon because that's what the rule says.
I don't know a lot about this Ilhan guy.I heard of a good turkish junior,is it him?Baghdatis#1 sorry to hear about your bad experience : (
I dont' worry so much about Ferru though-he's not in the best of forms lately.
All in all it's just a sh!tty draw for Markos.*sigh*
Dimitra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #146
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Pame, Marco!

Man, is he on fire since October! Andrew, if anyone (including me) gets the time, Baggy's Challenger and ATP record since he won those two Challenger tournies back to back last year should be calculated to show how impressive he has been lately. As you said, he has won 3 out of his last 4 tournaments, but it's even better than that. He kicked Gonzo's butt in the Copa Argentina 6-2, 6-2 (just an exho I know, but he looked great!) and took out the Mosquito in the first round in the Stockholm Open in straight sets.

Ferru scares me a bit because he looked good defeating Kolya in Abu Dhabi exho, and he is a relentless fighter, but he has been stumbling in the Grand Slams in early rounds as of late, so I get the thinking on that one.

Anyway, I saw the first set and Marcos looked very sharp and Richard was also playing well, but I fell asleep during the the rain delay and missed the second set. But I am very hopeful for a great AO.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #147
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

4th match on MCA
Old 01-19-2010, 12:45 AM   #148
country flag Baghdatis#1

I probably won't get to see it as I have school tomorrow and I have an exam
Pame!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #149
Ivanatis

good luck for your exam

Baggy 6-2, no problems so far
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #150
Ivanatis

6-2 6-4

Ferrer eased through against an injured Gil.