1) What does your name Sjoukje mean?
"she who brings victory and peace" I didn't even know that had to look it up! I like it
2) When did you start watching tennis?
somewhere at the beginning of the 80's
3) What are the favourite matches of your favourite players and who are the opponents you enjoy to see them play against the most?
There are too many
But from recent years I enjoyed Verdasco - Nadal at this year's AO. And when I was in Hamburg last year, the match between Moya - Safin. I enjoy to see them play some other favourite most because at least it's a win/win for me
4) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?
I would love it if Moya would work with Verdasco after he retires but that would be wishful thinking
5) If you could change the outcome of 5 tennismatches: Which ones would it be?
Verdasco - Nadal AO 2009
Moya - Verkerk RG 2003
Nadal - Soderling RG 2009
Rafter - Sampras Wimbledon 2000
those are the main ones I think....
6) Which are your favourite tournaments?
Wimbledon, Barcelona, Rosmalen
7) How did you discovered MTF?
I honestly do not remember
8) What do you like the most about the forum and what the least?
I like the fact that I have made some really good new friends here. Not just online but in real life they are too.
Im not too crazy about all the bitching and bashing... but what can you do?
9) What’s your philosophy of life?
Don't really have one..... I think life's a bitch and it's what you make of it and you should make the most of it.... which is a bit weird for me to say because I have a tendency to get pretty down on myself and life, pretty fast
10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully happy and healthy, living in a warm country instead of horrible Holland.
11) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?
not that Im aware of
12) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?
13) What do you value most in a person?
honesty and treating others with respect (both humans and animals)
13) Who was your most embarassing celebrity crush?
Some Dutch guy called Rob de Nijs
He is a singer and back when I was a child he'd play in this musical and I thought he was totally hot.
14) What is your current desktop picture?
A picture I took of Verdasco in Madrid 2007. Hmm maybe I should change it one of these days
15) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
I got mine in 1998. Probably also the year I went on the internet first at work. I used to stay a bit late so I could use the computer at work and searched for pics of Moya and Rafter mostly
16) What makes tennis so special for you?
I just love to watch it and really root for one of the players and the excitement to be there live is even better, eventhough I age 10 years per match usually...
17) If you were a dancer on Dancing with the Stars, what celebrity would you want to dance with?
I'd like to tango with this man
18) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?
I'd like it if Sol would return, she was so sweet
19) What's the first thread you generally open on MTF?
"Put on your Clogs when we dance the Tango eating Steak in the Windmill chat thingie" in the Premium forum
20) List the 5 qualities you like most about yourself and the ones you like the least.
wow, hard to answer this without sounding arrogant
hmm I'd like to think I am kind, helpful, caring, fun & fair as good things. Bad things would be too emotional..... coz that can cause a lot of discomfort
21) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?
Something to help stop the cruelty of animals. Help animals in need... but I'd really like to split it between: animals, children, cancerfund & aids fund.
22) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?
Yes.... Cańas used to freak me out for some reason, but after seeing him play "live" a few times he grew on me
Also used to think Djokovic was a tool.... then I saw him with the kids in Rotterdam and how he was when he won Amersfoort and I slowly started to change my mind about him. He's okay now. Blake & Tursunov I used to like, but after a match against Moya in Hamburg (Blake) and a doubles match also in Hamburg (Tursunov) their behaviour made me really really dislike them....
23) How long can you go without being on the internet?
1-2 days unless Im on holidays.... then maybe 3
24) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
hmm Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean. I just admire them a lot and wish I could have seen more of them, especially Marilyn & James, coz they are before my time.
25) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
I'll think about this one a bit more
Also Im not sure I would want to post the questions online