The Learn how to Speak like Ponyboy Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #121
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Learn how to Speak like Ponyboy Thread

learning languages is different for all kinds of people. no need to

it's tougher for people who don't hear different languages all the time too. some of my friends had trouble in spanish because all they ever heard at home was english. i was lucky enough to be raised by people who's country was also once dominated by the Spanish
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #122
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasArg View Post
An there are like 8 different kind of pasts, lots of futures, presents, conditionals.
I don't even know all that tenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
Neither do I
it makes me feel better that you guys dont know them all either
but my worst fear is getting there and people not being able to understand me and going "yuck a tourist!" like what happens here....i now try to sympathize with anyone who doesnt speak english at work because im sure that will be me one day lol

but i admit you spanish speaking people could get rid of like half of the 'tenses' you have that would make it much simpler for everyone!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
Q:What sound do you hate? -A:When Maria Sharapova plays tennis-[JuanMonaco][♥]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
xohxmyx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #123
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

at least you're trying amy! as long as you don't do that "can you speak english" yelling thing some tourists like to do... you're aokay.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #124
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute

lol yeah im not that rude...i dont want to point fingers or anything but alot of americans seem to be really good at that they go to a foreign country then get annoyed when no one speaks english

EDIT: ironically this thread seems to be the one i make the most spelling mistakes in even though im wrting in my own language
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #125
country flag theMEESH

yes i admit that 'my people' do that a lot

that's why i try and not affilate myself with them.

it's worse because they act like that to Hawaiians too I guess they forget that it's a state.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #126
country flag xohxmyx

dude they act like that with australians! i sh*t you not a american couple came into work the other day and stood there while i served the people in front of them then turned to me and said "do you speak english? because we need someone to call us a taxi cab" o.O if at the time i had of been able to think of any spanish words i would have just said a bunch together to make them annoyed lol
Old 02-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #127
country flag theMEESH

i'd apologize... but there's too many to say sorry about...

my teacher said that if you wanted to make sure you weren't treated badly while overseas.... say you're canadian
Old 02-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #128
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody_violin View Post
For me Spanish is the easiest language in the world
x34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
U_U qué bajón bueno, cuando vengan pasate a tomar unos mates
y me enseñás a putear en armenio
JAAA dale

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #129
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMEESH View Post
i was lucky enough to be raised by people who's country was also once dominated by the Spanish
you lucky girl, that's why you're good at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohxmyx View Post
but i admit you spanish speaking people could get rid of like half of the 'tenses' you have that would make it much simpler for everyone!
Awww no, our language is so beautiful, in part in guess due to the fact it is so rich I like it as it is but I guess learners are like "What the fuck do you need that for? can't you just be logic?" LOL I get mad at English sometimes
Quote:
dude they act like that with australians! i sh*t you not a american couple came into work the other day and stood there while i served the people in front of them then turned to me and said "do you speak english? because we need someone to call us a taxi cab" o.O if at the time i had of been able to think of any spanish words i would have just said a bunch together to make them annoyed lol
"No, señora, no hablo un carajo. Si quiere comunicarse aprenda" just kidding. It must be horrible not to be able to communicate! But there's some people, as you Meesh say, who are really annoying. I mean, if you come to my country, don't you know we speak Spanish here? I hate when some English-speakers look down on who doesn't speak English. Why? So I have to look down on them because they don't speak Spanish? What kind of bullshit is that? They think their language is the best. Rubbish like this can be seen / heard /read all over the internet and it makes me

Quote:
my teacher said that if you wanted to make sure you weren't treated badly while overseas.... say you're canadian
Really?? wow! why is that?
I try to be as nice as possible to tourists, I plan to travel someday and I would like people to treat me nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai. View Post
JAAA dale
copado!
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #130
country flag bloody_violin

bloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond reputebloody_violin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? wow, where are you from, and which is your native language??
I'm from Russia and, of course, my native language is Russian=)
bloody_violin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #131
country flag theMEESH

@lau: that's only for americans.... especially, not to be racist, white americans... americans in general have a bad reputation as tourists. they tend to act as if they should be treated better or something... they don't really have respect for the cultures of others... this is the american stereotype by the way.... not all americans are like this
Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #132
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody_violin View Post
I'm from Russia and, of course, my native language is Russian=)
Ow, Russian is beautiful Some day I'll learn it, I've promised to myself

Quote:
@lau: that's only for americans.... especially, not to be racist, white americans... americans in general have a bad reputation as tourists. they tend to act as if they should be treated better or something... they don't really have respect for the cultures of others... this is the american stereotype by the way.... not all americans are like this
Yeah, our stereotype (at least among other Latin Americans) is quite bad too. They say we're think we're more, better than we are, and sadly many times this is true, but of course, not always.
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:38 AM   #133
country flag xohxmyx

@lau that seems to be the one negative thing i keep hearing over and over again about people form argentina, i've read heaps of time that alot of porteños act like there better then they really are, and that people in Buenos Aires look or are unfriendly.

but then i think that thats the saem in alot of places, like when i go to melbourne i think alot of people there look or act unfriendly but thats just because its such a big place and theres so many people around everywhere you just tend to become slightly self involved and pay more attention to where your going or what your doing instead of smiling at everyone and with that many people everywhere being friendly isnt always the best way to get what you want and thats only in melbourne theres heaps and heaps more people in BA so i can understand why they might be annoyed lol
Old 02-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #134
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@lau that seems to be the one negative thing i keep hearing over and over again about people form argentina, i've read heaps of time that alot of porteños act like there better then they really are, and that people in Buenos Aires look or are unfriendly.

but then i think that thats the saem in alot of places, like when i go to melbourne i think alot of people there look or act unfriendly but thats just because its such a big place and theres so many people around everywhere you just tend to become slightly self involved and pay more attention to where your going or what your doing instead of smiling at everyone and with that many people everywhere being friendly isnt always the best way to get what you want and thats only in melbourne theres heaps and heaps more people in BA so i can understand why they might be annoyed lol
Sadly thats is true, even the people from other states here agree about that. Of course I'm not like that
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #135
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

but off course we are better than the others because since the independence from spain there was a horrible battle btw Buenos Aires and the other provinces to focus where the power should be, and if it was allowed to navigate/commerce thr the rivers.
So Buenos Aires "won", i say won because at the end they mostly did what buenos aires want.
So since then, the other provinces say that we think that we are better than them...

and the rest of the continent doesnt like us because be always beat them in soccer
EDIT: and we beat them also in basquet, rugby, Tennis .
The dulce de leche, alfajor, asado, and mate is ours, and we have Che, Gardel, San Martin, Maradona, Ginobili, Vilas, Fangio and on...

but we are such a lovely society

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar

Last edited by kai. : 02-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote