Tournament Questions and Tips for Fans (World Tour Finals info needed) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:09 AM   #46
country flag asuwrestler

asuwrestler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 Questions?

What is a nice hotel in Manhattan that is not so damm expensive??? or is there even such a thing
asuwrestler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 AM   #47
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuwrestler View Post
What is a nice hotel in Manhattan that is not so damm expensive??? or is there even such a thing
um... not really. and even the expensive ones are not necessarily nice. Maybe with the economy in the toilet some places will start slashing rates to try to lure visitors
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:19 AM   #48
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly do you mean by "nice"?

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #49
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuwrestler View Post
I am going to stay at the W in Lexington anybody, know about this hotel, is it a good location for going back and forth to Flushing Medows, also for all of you have gone is the best deal just to get the "2008 Ashe Stadium Seating Prices" tickets so i can go to any court when I am there?
I stayed at the W on Lexington when I went to the USO in 2005. The rooms are tiny. Teeny tiny, but in year's past its been the official ATP hotel so you might run into a lot of players and coaches. It is grossly overpriced, BUT it's in a very good location to hop on the subway to get to and from Flushing every day.

If you want to find other hotels in the area (including some that don't charge $15 per day for a wireless connection) here's trick. Go to google maps and put the address of the W in and bring it up on the map, then do a search for local businesses nearby and search for hotels. That should bring up pages of them. If I remember correctly, there is a Doubletree hotel nearby and that is more reasonable (and I think the wireless is free there).

Good luck.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #50
country flag asuwrestler

asuwrestler is on a distinguished road

Is that the Double Tree in time square or lexington
asuwrestler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:38 AM   #51
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Lexington, or very nearby it.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #52
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Open tickets

I am going to the US Open this year for the first time.
I saw a picture of Arthur Ashe Stadium:
http://www.usopen.org/Tickets/~/medi...1620DFB75.ashx
I want to know what are the prices for each level.
1. Is it even possible to buy ticket for the loge? They said on the phone that tourists can only buy tickets for the promenade.
2. If I buy tickets for Arthur Ashe, can I enter Armstrong court and the other courts?
3.Is there a spacial deal for tourists?

Thanks for you help
amirbachar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #53
Hyde'

Hyde'
Default Re: US Open tickets

Can't believe nobody helps this guy.

I can answer only what I know.

1. You can buy the box but it's f**king expensive though and sometimes it comes in package for all rounds.
2. If you buy Arthur Ashe, you can enter Arthur Ashe + ground courts. If you buy Armstrong, you can enter Armstrong + ground courts.
3. No idea.
Hyde' is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #54
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open tickets

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135366
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #55
country flag DorianGray7

DorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond reputeDorianGray7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheapest way/place to buy US Open Tickets?

I've decided to go visit several friends in NYC on the weekend of the US Open and a law school friend of mine decided we should go and try to get ticket to watch either the semi-finals or finals of the US Open.

Given that we're both in our early 20s, we figured its now or never to get to actually watch Roger Federer in person.

This is my first ticket purchase ever at a Tennis tournament and I hope not to dish out $350 for a single ticket. What is the best way to purchase and get good deals?
DorianGray7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #56
country flag Collective

Collective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way/place to buy US Open Tickets?

Semis or final? 350 would be an awesome deal.

-Scott Adams-
Collective is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #57
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Cheapest way? Steal them.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,861,357 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 476-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...

Last edited by Sapeod : 08-19-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #58
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianGray7 View Post
I've decided to go visit several friends in NYC on the weekend of the US Open and a law school friend of mine decided we should go and try to get ticket to watch either the semi-finals or finals of the US Open.

Given that we're both in our early 20s, we figured its now or never to get to actually watch Roger Federer in person.

This is my first ticket purchase ever at a Tennis tournament and I hope not to dish out $350 for a single ticket. What is the best way to purchase and get good deals?
first of all, no guarantees fed will still be in ny during the final weekend...
2nd of all, good deal for the SF or F........(not great seats at that price, check ebay and craiglist)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrian View Post
dont you people love my +375 dogs???
2010 MTF MISS Nole fan
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #59
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond reputeSERVivor has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you just go to an early round match, that way you're virtually guaranteed to see Fed. There may still be seats for the early rounds night matches. I know there are still tickets for the day sessions in the early rounds. The grounds pass is the best deal, but you don't get to see matches at Arthur Ashe, but you get to sit where you want on Armstrong, Grandstand, etc. and can see top 10 players.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #60
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianGray7 View Post
do you plan to die young?
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote